• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs in your 20s/early 30s where does one find you other than in grad school?

W

WALMART

You sound like a hipster without the bullshit philosophy. Perhaps I need to go where the hipsters are and find one without some weird lame pointless cause?

I've likened myself to a hipster once or twice. I promise, it's unintentional. Probably the non-attachment to bullshit philosophy.

I've deduced some logic to finding true hipsters. If you'd care, I'd share.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Heh. Being a lawyer, I know what you mean.
Law school seems to be SJ heaven...I didn't find many NTs there.

I was blessed with my classmates. I would say it was 80% NTs and NFs. We were all very collegial and spent far too much time in the grad lounge drinking wine and discussing the virtues of selling out to oil & gas mergers and acquisitions. Was not bad times.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I've likened myself to a hipster once or twice. I promise, it's unintentional. Probably the non-attachment to bullshit philosophy.

I've deduced some logic to finding true hipsters. If you'd care, I'd share.

Share away logician.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where do you work?

*smiles innocently*

This and that, the past two weeks mostly office work. Administration, customer relations, etc. It wears me out. Usually I have a nice balance between working in office and traveling, driving buses through Europe, etc. Just that due to some people going on vacations is the cause of me to be needed in the office, so I'm not doing any traveling or winding down at the moment. :(

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can everyone perhaps share their occupations and activities they participate in? That might prove more fruitful.
Certainly. I am a physicist and work in a large research organization. I socialize sparingly, and spend much of my free time at home, working on personal projects. When I do go out, other than to work or school, it is to take part in some hobby or other activity. I am a musician and occasionally perform, I belong to a couple community volunteer groups, and occasionally attend classes or seminars on topics of interest like organic gardening and composting. The best way for someone new to meet me is thus to be a coworker/classmate, to participate in one of my outside activity groups, or to be introduced by one of my friends (yes, I do have a few). Good luck. Every NT needs a good person who can tolerate our considerable quirks, and I for one am more than willing to return the favor.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Seriously, like where the hell are you all?*

*when you're not climbing the ivory tower.

I am not an NT, but I did spend more than a few years in grad school in some extremely NT-populated fields. I live in Colorado, and did when in grad school, so I don't know how representative this is elsewhere but LOTS of my peers were really into outdoor activities, specifically biking, rock-climbing, and to a lesser extent hiking/backpacking. Personally I can't help but wonder to what extent they had these interests either 1) so others would see their competence, and/or 2) so they could feel like they "conquered" something.

I dont have personal experience here and have chosen to avoid such things but I'm sure one has got to be able to get some mileage out of DOD [dungeons & dragons] or WoW [World of Warcraft] or other such computer games.

Maybe check out a computer or computer parts store and start making small talk?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually maybe anime expo or something similar? Lol

Best buy?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some are in mommy's basement playing video games other than Halo or Modern Warfare.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Right now, I'm writing a book, so I'm at home while doing that. Since I'm at home a lot with it, I'm learning flash in order to make games.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I'm coming up with some interesting seductions for you technologically inclined NTs. Most of them involve fellatio whilst gaming. I'm actually very turned on when someone can help with computer stuff. This makes me feel like this could really work.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
IF ONLY YOU WEREN'T ALL BASEMENT DWELLING TROLLS!!

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've engaged in so many fellatio/computer related combos. It may not seem it to a lot of people, but to me, it counts as romantic.

I wish I had a basement. It would be glorious...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am trieing to be around all day, but I've lost the coordinates

sliders-stream-tv-show-parallel-universe.png

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I've engaged in so many fellatio/computer related combos. It may not seem it to a lot of people, but to me, it counts as romantic.

I wish I had a basement. It would be glorious...

Was there candle light beside your laptop? Or perhaps live elton john streamed throughout said fellatio?