• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs in your 20s/early 30s where does one find you other than in grad school?

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
You INTJs aren't the most exciting bunches.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Currently running my own company.

I am always building something.. with fringe like cultures.

I believe the most exciting part about this whole thing is rather than invest in trying to find out places where NTs are is to create your very own. Even creating a forum like this allows you to communicate with other NTs rather easily, because they are seeking for you. To me its rather attractive building something so you can attract those that you would like to be close to, rather than chasing it down in institutions that have conflicting rules and values. Silicon Valley was built by NTs... The majority of people are NTs there.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Ugh. I'm not a computer scientist. I'm a god damn fashion stylist. I play with clothes. I'm surrounded by SP women and gay men.

But I agree with your sentiment. I much prefer to attract than chase down. I don't even think you can chase after NTs. That's more of a NF charade.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
I think I'm just going to start wearing internet meme shirts and talk to anyone who laughs because they actually know what's been alluded to.

W

WhoCares

Goth nightclubs, fetish shops and the fantasy section if bookstores and libraries. Ir at least thats where I spent my 20/30's.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Ugh. I'm not a computer scientist. I'm a god damn fashion stylist. I play with clothes. I'm surrounded by SP women and gay men.

But I agree with your sentiment. I much prefer to attract than chase down. I don't even think you can chase after NTs. That's more of a NF charade.

This is funny because I built two companies 1) luxury apparel and 2) health and fitness.

I like be around NFs as there are many in both cases as well at SF. I agree with your sentiment that there are few NTs in the fashion industry but for the few who are.. you'll find a deep and lasting connection. While I enjoy the company of NFs, many of them just don't get the depth part to what I am after. Mental stimulation is lacking for me in most cases as I need to hash out my ideas through conversation and debate.. that sounds like even arguing sometimes. Taming myself to acknowledge others feelings just doesn't cut it sometimes.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
[MENTION=7152]Thessaly[/MENTION], your attitude in this thread is as dejected as your avatar! Hilarious!

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
[MENTION=7152]Thessaly[/MENTION], your attitude in this thread is as dejected as your avatar! Hilarious!

This is pretty much my attitude all the time being one of those lame woe-is-me artist enneagram 4s, except I generally have this happy-go-lucky facade throughout most of the day. Just picture all my posts being typed with a smirk followed by a maniacal laughter.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Currently running my own company.

I am always building something.. with fringe like cultures.

I believe the most exciting part about this whole thing is rather than invest in trying to find out places where NTs are is to create your very own. Even creating a forum like this allows you to communicate with other NTs rather easily, because they are seeking for you. To me its rather attractive building something so you can attract those that you would like to be close to, rather than chasing it down in institutions that have conflicting rules and values. Silicon Valley was built by NTs... The majority of people are NTs there.

I find it difficult to make lasting and deep connections with fashion folk period. Everyone is flaky as shit and if they do have depth their presence is totally transient as they fly off to Tokyo or London.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I find it difficult to make lasting and deep connections with fashion folk period. Everyone is flaky as shit and if they do have depth their presence is totally transient as they fly off to Tokyo or London.

Going on buys and trade shows perhaps, but if you look far enough behind the scenes there are us few NTs.

xisnotx

Permabanned
Hmm...where am I all the time?
On campus.
At home sleeping.
At home not sleeping.

Beyond that?

Maybe a bar or a club on the weekend.

My rational friends?

Doing the same thing really.

The best time to approach me would be at the library...in fact, a good place to find me is at the emptiest part of the library at the oddest hour. I have spots and it annoys me when some douche decides he can take my spot...a place I've been claiming for months in some instances.

I remember once at the library a couple years ago like for a week this girl would be in my spot when I got there. It dawned on me later that I should've talked to her...who is at the library at 2 in the morning on a Thursday night? Someone very interesting I bet.

Also, I absolutely love breaking into university offices. I guess you'd call it a hobby?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While were on the topic, where do psychologists and psychiatrists hang out? I wouldn't mind dating one. Would make my life cheaper.

I have lived in a collective with a psycology student... She was a total nightmare. I helped ofc that she was younger and very insecure or afraid or something.

if i where single your best bet would be a dating page...