• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted for my INTP dad and chose my mom's type: INFJ.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Finally we INTPs are getting some attention. :cry:

People seem to only care about INTJs nowadays, but this time not a single person bothered replying in their thread. :harhar:

Funny note on this...

After I made the threads, I was greatly amused at the immediate reception to each...

In the first hour after their creation, a whole bunch of people had visited the NTJ threads, but almost nobody visited the NTP ones.

Once you replied, though, and got things kicked off, people actually started coming to the INTP thread.

Rather predictably, it seems the NTs aren't as interested in these threads as the NFs are in theirs.

No ENTJs have voted (two have replied), and only two ENTPs have voted (none have replied).

Not sure if any INTJs will ever end up responding...

Wouldn't want to give away their "secrets"...

:fpalm:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once you replied, though, and got things kicked off, people actually started coming to the INTP thread.
True!
Rather predictably, it seems the NTs aren't as interested in these threads as the NFs are in theirs.
Yep.
Not sure if any INTJs will ever end up responding...

Wouldn't want to give away their secrets.

:fpalm:
:rotfl:
/ hasn't voted or replied
My guess is they are worried about ENFPs getting mad at whoever dares to vote on another type. :ninja:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I voted INFJ for voting's sake, but really I'd take any INXX.

I've nothing against extroverts, but with my VERY high level of introversion (somewhere between 80 and 90) I doubt that it'll work.

Mia.

My guess is they are worried about ENFPs getting mad at whoever dares to vote on another type. :ninja:

ya_think_button-p145944840926818600en8go_400.jpg

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, because both [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4877]Kaizer[/MENTION] both repped me to ask me to elaborate: I was operating under the assumption that the thread was asking "INTPs: which type is the best romantic match for you personally?" So because I can't speak for any INTPs except my dad -- because he's the only INTP I know very well, outside of acquaintance-ship, outside of the forum -- I speak for him by saying that, if you were to ask him who his perfect match was, he'd say my mom, because he's a softy and a romantic with well-developed Fe, and he's been with my mom for over 25 years. If I know him well, and I do, I'd say that if you were to ask him this question, he'd say that my mom is the only woman he'd want to spend the rest of his life with, and the perfect woman for him. :heart:

But since you frequenters of this thread are mostly NTs, you want analysis! So I'll try to analyze and say: The two of them, INTP and INFJ, have very compatible senses of humor -- though his is goofier -- and they are about equally introverted, and they can read each other very well without having to say anything. Neither is terribly communicative in certain ways, but they don't really have to be, because even if one of them is confused, they can draw the other one out and figure them out bit by bit. They're both very low energy, so their lifestyles are equally sedentary and therefore compatible as well. And, last but not least, there's the obvious benefit of combining a T with an F: one is more nurturing and kindness-focused, and can advise the other on those matters, and the other is more grounded and logical, and can bring the other one back to earth when necessary.

The only downside is that my dad is a 5w6, and because of his 6 wing, he and my mom tend to reinforce each others' conspiracy theories -- and because he's a 5, there's no way to convince him that he isn't being logical.

Mia.

I voted INFJ for voting's sake, but really I'd take any INXX.

I've nothing against extroverts, but with my VERY high level of introversion (somewhere between 80 and 90) I doubt that it'll work.

My INTP bestie, the love of his life and ex-wife was INFJ. He’s now dating an ENFJ. It’s sad to watch because the INFJ basically broke him. :( (I'd love to meet the self-absorbed, emotionally-enslaved princess in a dark alley.... not really.... but its a fun fantasy.) The E/I difference in the current relationship has been cited as a concern for potential future problems.

Other INFJ/INTP couples I've seen seem to do really well, and the match seems to occur naturally at high rates, as does ENFJ/INTP.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Other INFJ/INTP couples I've seen seem to do really well, and the match seems to occur naturally at high rates, as does ENFJ/INTP.

I wonder how the female INTPs do with male INFJs. Or if lesbian/bisexual XNFJs like INTP women. I have noticed that men tend to prefer women with a feeling preference whether they have one or not.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder how the female INTPs do with male INFJs. Or if lesbian/bisexual XNFJs like INTP women. I have noticed that men tend to prefer women with a feeling preference whether they have one or not.

Not always! An INFJ wanted to marry me. (he wasn't even a masochist)

They take themselves/life a little too seriously for my tastes.

I find I can't really connect with anyone who doesn't do Ne to some degree.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp

I had an infj once. He annoyed me with passive aggressiveness and a holiness complex. Irreverence doesn't wash well with them.

I most often end up with intjs. Do they have higher tolerance for female Ts on average? Dunno. But invariably they, too, throw up their hands and wail, "God you're a machine. make it stop!" I've yet to meet one that wasn't, imo, too humorless for his/her own good. Surprising, given how haphazardly they use the rational process. If you're going to be irrational, go all out or go home. At least there's something freeing and entertaining in that.
I've had the most fun with not too feely infps. And that's worth a lot. Perhaps an intp would be a good balance.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had an infj once. He annoyed me with passive aggressiveness and a holiness complex. Irreverence doesn't wash well with them.
oh snap!

I most often end up with intjs. Do they have higher tolerance for female Ts on average? Dunno. But invariably they, too, throw up their hands and wail, "God you're a machine. make it stop!"
You're doing it wrong. You're supposed to tie their hands down First!

I've had the most fun with not too feely infps. And that's worth a lot.
Why am I not surprised? :D

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Classic illustration of extroverts' lack of appreciation for boundaries and tendency to butt in where no one asked them anything.
Lovely.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Classic illustration of extroverts' lack of appreciation for boundaries and tendency to butt in where no one asked them anything.
Lovely.
Classic illustration of Inferior Fe.
Splendid.