User Tag List

View Poll Results: INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 1.92%
  • ENTJ

1 1.92%
  • INTJ

6 11.54%
  • ENTP

3 5.77%
  • INTP

5 9.62%
  • ENFJ

3 5.77%
  • INFJ

9 17.31%
  • ENFP

7 13.46%
  • INFP

8 15.38%
  • ESFJ

1 1.92%
  • ISFJ

4 7.69%
  • ESFP

1 1.92%
  • ISFP

3 5.77%
First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Hm. I don't want to limit my options/can easily imagine anything could be great but realistically it would be helpful to have at least some letters in common.
    N is nice because we can talk endlessly about anything. Or at least the things Ns like to talk about I suppose. But it's not a must. I just want the peson to be interesting and respectful.

I would find the often touted Fe doms to actually be the hardest/ least favorable ones, tho. Nothing against them as people but.... very different needs.

Here's my experiences so far:

INFP - Very fond memories. My teenage self might've wound up a very different person without her influence. I remember us talking very easily/freely and a lot. She said she read my writing and wanted to meet me because of that.
    ESFJ - Desintegrated fast, ended painfully for both, we might as well have been speaking different languages. For a different person, he would probably have been a great boyfriend, but he basically thought I was a freak and randomly accused me of cheating.
    ISTP - Never got all that 'official' but that suited us just fine. I liked the secretness. Probably would have been considered fairly unusual. We met infrequently. Interesting. Accomodating. Also fond memories.
    INTJ - clearing the paper work to get married r/n. Sometimes it's like we have the same thoughts, and one of us will say them out loud just as the other is pondering them, but in some respects we're also very different. He's kinda more impetuous/action-ish than me but not so much that I can't handle it and he likes that I'm creative, give good imput and don't mind him working a lot, or so he says.

I guess in the end it depends on what ach individual INTP wants out of the relationship & what the other person is like.

MBTI
    INTP

Coming out of a long term relationship with an INFJ. It really was magical for a while, but over time the J-P conflict gets too much especially when moving in together. Not to say it can't work, just not for us. I vote for ENFP. NT/NF combination is fantastic and we can learn so much from each other. I can also appreciate the excitement extroverts can offer and the J-P friction will not be as big of a problem. Just need to earn enough to pay for a house cleaner every month lol.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Really??? You guys prefer INFx???

Where are all the INTPs?
    I have always thought that INTPs are very intriguing and misunderstood.

Never went on a date with one.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |

MBTI
    INTP

You will never see INTP dating another INTP. Literally. They will just be at home and won't go on "dates".

Jokes aside INFJs Ni is a respectable thing for us INTP which we can truly admire and provides great resources. INFP carries Ne, a function we both share so we will feel absolutely comfortable with them around. At the same time the INFs tends to be idealistic dreamers, and our Ti provides good balance. Bring them back down to earth from the clouds so to speak.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    no
    Socionics
    SEE Se

The one who knows that because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.

INTPs also appreciate if you know that in medieval France, unfaithful wives were made to chase a chicken through town naked.

Much votes for INFJ. Is it the Fe and Ti?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've found INTJs just fantastic in conversation and compatibility. INFPs have their charm, though.

Answers to this question vary by gender. Male INTPs typically say INFJ and female INTPs typically say ENTJ. That said, male INTPs have the highest statistical match with Ne users (in order: INTP, INFP, ENTP, and ENFP) and INFJs, while female INTPs have the highest match with NTs (in order: INTP, INTJ, and ENTP). That is, while female INTPs typically say ENTJ, when actual compatibility is assessed, they don't make the cut (which could make sense, as the attraction could be more physical/primal, rather than something based on shared beliefs/values/ethics and the psychological ease/compatibility it implies).

I also remember reading somewhere that in older age (30+), INTP males typically settle with INFJs, and INTP females end up with another INTP. Essentially, it was said that the males progressed from distressing/unfulfilling relationships with ISFJs or ENFPs, and that the females ended grew tired of dealing with emotionality (all INTPs have this problem, but I suppose social norms make it much worse for INTP females than INTP males) and just decided to settle with themselves.

As for me, it seems INFJs and ENTPs (and maybe INFPs) are the only types I'd "jive" well with in a relationship, though I'm not sure how the realities of being with an ENTP would play out (two procrastinators/perceivers where things need to happen), especially if children are involved. Either way, guardians and ENFJs are an absolute no. As in, no way! Never!

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    954 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ili Ni

for me intj>infj>intp...

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I Surveyed Each Myers-Briggs Type To See Which Type They Were Most Attracted To – Here Are The Results By
    Heidi Priebe

It’s no secret that certain personality types have a history of getting together with certain other personality types – so much so that various theories have emerged discussing which types are the ‘ideal matches’ for which other types. Below, I went straight to the horses mouth and surveyed over 1700 personality enthusiasts to determine where each type’s main attraction lies — that is, if they displayed a preference at all!

ISFJ
    19% of ISFJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
    16% listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
    11% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ESFJ
    12% of ESFJs listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ESFP
    17% of ESFPs listed themselves as most attracted to INFJs.
    12% listed themselves as most attracted to either ISTJs or INTPs.

ISTJ
    20% of ISTJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
    16% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ENTJ
    24% of ENTJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
    15% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.
    11% listed themselves as most attracted to ENTPs.

ENFJ
    15% of ENFJs listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
    13% listed themselves as most attracted to INFPs.
    11% listed themselves as most attracted to either ENTPs or INTPs.
    And finally
    INTP

15% of INTPS listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
    13% listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
    12% listed themselves as most attracted to ENTJs or ENTPs.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo