User Tag List

View Poll Results: INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESTJ

0 0%
  • ISTJ

0 0%
  • ESTP

0 0%
  • ISTP

1 1.96%
  • ENTJ

1 1.96%
  • INTJ

6 11.76%
  • ENTP

2 3.92%
  • INTP

5 9.80%
  • ENFJ

3 5.88%
  • INFJ

9 17.65%
  • ENFP

7 13.73%
  • INFP

8 15.69%
  • ESFJ

1 1.96%
  • ISFJ

4 7.84%
  • ESFP

1 1.96%
  • ISFP

3 5.88%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Good question.
    Do you know what a rhetorical question looks like?
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It's a thread about me walking down the aisle pissing in everyone's mouth.

thinking of you

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Classic illustration of extroverts' lack of appreciation for boundaries and tendency to butt in where no one asked them anything.
    Lovely.
    Well! Looks like someone's got issues. Thanks for making them obvious to the entire forum.

Seriously, though, I think I can speak for some introverts as well as extroverts when I tell you that you need to calm down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken impersonating EJCC
    It's strange. I keep banning morons, but they keep signing up? What is this?
    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Okay, because both @Zarathustra and @Kaizer both repped me to ask me to elaborate: I was operating under the assumption that the thread was asking "INTPs: which type is the best romantic match for you personally?" So because I can't speak for any INTPs except my dad -- because he's the only INTP I know very well, outside of acquaintance-ship, outside of the forum -- I speak for him by saying that, if you were to ask him who his perfect match was, he'd say my mom, because he's a softy and a romantic with well-developed Fe, and he's been with my mom for over 25 years. If I know him well, and I do, I'd say that if you were to ask him this question, he'd say that my mom is the only woman he'd want to spend the rest of his life with, and the perfect woman for him.

But since you frequenters of this thread are mostly NTs, you want analysis! So I'll try to analyze and say: The two of them, INTP and INFJ, have very compatible senses of humor -- though his is goofier -- and they are about equally introverted, and they can read each other very well without having to say anything. Neither is terribly communicative in certain ways, but they don't really have to be, because even if one of them is confused, they can draw the other one out and figure them out bit by bit. They're both very low energy, so their lifestyles are equally sedentary and therefore compatible as well. And, last but not least, there's the obvious benefit of combining a T with an F: one is more nurturing and kindness-focused, and can advise the other on those matters, and the other is more grounded and logical, and can bring the other one back to earth when necessary.

The only downside is that my dad is a 5w6, and because of his 6 wing, he and my mom tend to reinforce each others' conspiracy theories -- and because he's a 5, there's no way to convince him that he isn't being logical.
    Great analysis!

I voted for my dad as well and decided that although he is remarried, that I shall vote for my mom's type, ENFP, as that was his first choice in life.

My dad is also a 5, but he might be 5w4 as he thinks conspiracy theories are a load of hogwash. His dad is either 5w6 or 6w5 and ENTJ.... and he is always coming up with bizarre theories of what is "really going on out there."

Anyways, back to analysis. My parents got along pretty well because of the Ne, but that also was a bit of their pitfall since Ne was the "go to" language for jokes on both sides. (I have experienced this problem with NTPs as well.) I remember my mom saying once that she thought my dad was perfect for her because they each complemented each others weaknesses and strengths. I thought that was a really nice sentiment to have for a spouse. My dad has always been the calm center of reason, but I know that my mom did her part in being the emotional support he needs.

My dad's current wife is an ISFJ and I think a big chunk of it is that he really needs that emotional support of an F type, and she is all about that. They have a very different dynamic from what my parents had, and I think that is by design on my dad's part. There is a less sense of joking playfulness that was my parents, and a lot more down to earth reality. It's not worse; just different.

My dad tries to communicate, but he is always botching it up. My mom was always horrified at things he would say in public, although she would turn them into a joke in private since it's not like he is going to change. His current wife is supremely horrified, says so, and is actively trying to change him on that score.

Another difference is that my mom tended to try and deal with things on her own a lot more than his current wife. I think it's simply an easy example of Fi/Fe differences, and I think it helps my dad a bit to have someone being more open and upfront about problems so he can attempt to fix them. (Which is totally a failing of mine as well.)

Ok, enough rambling. :P Not trying to hijack the thread at all, but thought my experiences might be helpful for the purpose of this idea.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Personal experience:
    - INTJ
    - INFP
    - INTP

I see my ideal type being an extrovert though. I have a weak spot for NFPs. They just make me feel good.

I was waiting for the day you and I would meet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Youtuber | The Typologist Blog | Redditor | Message me!

A snowstorm is coming... Amargith's Avatar
    MBTI
    Bast
    Enneagram
    Nix
    Socionics
    HSP None

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Lol, I'll tell ya what, INFPs can have some fun with the INTJs if they want. I think I will go find myself a bad ass ISTP to frolick with a bit. They deserve some love and devotion too

And I will put in a good with for your cause with the other ENFPs
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Be careful what you believe, because that is the world you'll create - Cassie Nightingale

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The person who started this thread is a intuitive supremecist because there were none of these romance threads made for ANY of the S types. We should start a riot!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well! Looks like someone's got issues. Thanks for making them obvious to the entire forum.

Seriously, though, I think I can speak for some introverts as well as extroverts when I tell you that you need to calm down.
    How you unwittingly continue to illustrate my point...
    Anyone else you'd care to speak for? Not that you're any good at it, mind you. In your quest to further adulterate the thread with your worthless contributions, you've extended your projections to me. Do tell: in what part of my post did you see anything indicative of a lack of calm?
    Perhaps you should try for self-analysis. You certainly couldn't do any worse.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'll admit, it annoyed me too. In her defence no one cares enough about who ESTJs want to match up with to start that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

*fist bumps ma girl @EJCC *