• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For real romance, ENFJ or INFP

INTJ for a partnership with benefits

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
My list:

INTP, ENTP, ISFP, ESFP.

INTPsINTP are the ones I get along with the best. Then ENTPs help with the going outside the cave, and they have a peculiar charm. Then, ESFPs are all "live in the present", and if you are willing to put up with random spurts of energy and "we need to go to the middle of the countryside to sing an Elvis song on top of a car's roof, yes, now at 3 am" ideas, they are perfect. And ISFPs are calm and you can share hours of talk without big dramas.

I can't deal with Js.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP. Reasons:

1. Their Se helps keep my Ne-using self from getting unrealistic ideas.

2. Fi+Se makes a really awesome combination. ISFPs have strong morals and are extremely true to themselves, but they are also fun and spontaneous. I'm generally a very cautious person, and ISFPs' "get the most out of life" attitude balances that out. For example, I used to never, ever, stay up past 11pm. Since meeting my ISFP boyfriend I regularly stay up until 5am playing games, watching movies, etc.

3. I like that they don't have Fe. I have Fe, and I'm glad I have it, but I think dom/aux Fe types are prone to judging/making fun of others who don't fit in with the majority. I'm a weirdo with very limited social knowledge and I need someone who doesn't mind that.

4. They're introverts, but not super-introverted introverts, and that makes them flexible. I've found that this is true with other ISxx types as well. If I want to talk, fine. If I want to go out, fine. If I get tired and want to go home, fine.

5. They're not extremely feely or romantic, but they have random bursts of affection.

SlytherinD

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
INTJ's are really fun I have my eye on ENTJ at the moment I'm very confused by him though and INTP are perfect lesbian lovers.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISFP. Reasons:

1. Their Se helps keep my Ne-using self from getting unrealistic ideas.

2. Fi+Se makes a really awesome combination. ISFPs have strong morals and are extremely true to themselves, but they are also fun and spontaneous. I'm generally a very cautious person, and ISFPs' "get the most out of life" attitude balances that out. For example, I used to never, ever, stay up past 11pm. Since meeting my ISFP boyfriend I regularly stay up until 5am playing games, watching movies, etc.

3. I like that they don't have Fe. I have Fe, and I'm glad I have it, but I think dom/aux Fe types are prone to judging/making fun of others who don't fit in with the majority. I'm a weirdo with very limited social knowledge and I need someone who doesn't mind that.

4. They're introverts, but not super-introverted introverts, and that makes them flexible. I've found that this is true with other ISxx types as well. If I want to talk, fine. If I want to go out, fine. If I get tired and want to go home, fine.

5. They're not extremely feely or romantic, but they have random bursts of affection.

It's so peculiar how such a type (xSFPs, that is) that one would think would theoretically create conflict, tends to be the type that best makes me feel free and enjoy life.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*A wild wolf appears*

ENFJ...

*A wild wolf slinks back into the shadows*

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Still ENFx

Hasn't changed in years

Emphasis lies on the words ideal and romantic

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think it depends on the INTP but would you say another introvert though?

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
idk. the enfj, enfp, and esfp didn't work out so not one of those.

Kendrix

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hm. I don't want to limit my options/can easily imagine anything could be great but realistically it would be helpful to have at least some letters in common.
N is nice because we can talk endlessly about anything. Or at least the things Ns like to talk about I suppose. But it's not a must. I just want the peson to be interesting and respectful.

I would find the often touted Fe doms to actually be the hardest/ least favorable ones, tho. Nothing against them as people but.... very different needs.

Here's my experiences so far:

INFP - Very fond memories. My teenage self might've wound up a very different person without her influence. I remember us talking very easily/freely and a lot. She said she read my writing and wanted to meet me because of that.
ESFJ - Desintegrated fast, ended painfully for both, we might as well have been speaking different languages. For a different person, he would probably have been a great boyfriend, but he basically thought I was a freak and randomly accused me of cheating.
ISTP - Never got all that 'official' but that suited us just fine. I liked the secretness. Probably would have been considered fairly unusual. We met infrequently. Interesting. Accomodating. Also fond memories.
INTJ - clearing the paper work to get married r/n. Sometimes it's like we have the same thoughts, and one of us will say them out loud just as the other is pondering them, but in some respects we're also very different. He's kinda more impetuous/action-ish than me but not so much that I can't handle it and he likes that I'm creative, give good imput and don't mind him working a lot, or so he says.

I guess in the end it depends on what ach individual INTP wants out of the relationship & what the other person is like.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
Coming out of a long term relationship with an INFJ. It really was magical for a while, but over time the J-P conflict gets too much especially when moving in together. Not to say it can't work, just not for us. I vote for ENFP. NT/NF combination is fantastic and we can learn so much from each other. I can also appreciate the excitement extroverts can offer and the J-P friction will not be as big of a problem. Just need to earn enough to pay for a house cleaner every month lol.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really??? You guys prefer INFx???

Where are all the INTPs?
I have always thought that INTPs are very intriguing and misunderstood.

Never went on a date with one.

Coffee_Yum

MBTI Type
INTP
You will never see INTP dating another INTP. Literally. They will just be at home and won't go on "dates".

Jokes aside INFJs Ni is a respectable thing for us INTP which we can truly admire and provides great resources. INFP carries Ne, a function we both share so we will feel absolutely comfortable with them around. At the same time the INFs tends to be idealistic dreamers, and our Ti provides good balance. Bring them back down to earth from the clouds so to speak.

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
The one who knows that because of the rotation of the earth, an object can be thrown farther if it is thrown west.

INTPs also appreciate if you know that in medieval France, unfaithful wives were made to chase a chicken through town naked.

Sami

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've found INTJs just fantastic in conversation and compatibility. INFPs have their charm, though.

baccheion

Answers to this question vary by gender. Male INTPs typically say INFJ and female INTPs typically say ENTJ. That said, male INTPs have the highest statistical match with Ne users (in order: INTP, INFP, ENTP, and ENFP) and INFJs, while female INTPs have the highest match with NTs (in order: INTP, INTJ, and ENTP). That is, while female INTPs typically say ENTJ, when actual compatibility is assessed, they don't make the cut (which could make sense, as the attraction could be more physical/primal, rather than something based on shared beliefs/values/ethics and the psychological ease/compatibility it implies).

I also remember reading somewhere that in older age (30+), INTP males typically settle with INFJs, and INTP females end up with another INTP. Essentially, it was said that the males progressed from distressing/unfulfilling relationships with ISFJs or ENFPs, and that the females ended grew tired of dealing with emotionality (all INTPs have this problem, but I suppose social norms make it much worse for INTP females than INTP males) and just decided to settle with themselves.

As for me, it seems INFJs and ENTPs (and maybe INFPs) are the only types I'd "jive" well with in a relationship, though I'm not sure how the realities of being with an ENTP would play out (two procrastinators/perceivers where things need to happen), especially if children are involved. Either way, guardians and ENFJs are an absolute no. As in, no way! Never!

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
for me intj>infj>intp...

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I Surveyed Each Myers-Briggs Type To See Which Type They Were Most Attracted To – Here Are The Results By
Heidi Priebe

It’s no secret that certain personality types have a history of getting together with certain other personality types – so much so that various theories have emerged discussing which types are the ‘ideal matches’ for which other types. Below, I went straight to the horses mouth and surveyed over 1700 personality enthusiasts to determine where each type’s main attraction lies — that is, if they displayed a preference at all!

ISFJ
19% of ISFJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
16% listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
11% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ESFJ
12% of ESFJs listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ESFP
17% of ESFPs listed themselves as most attracted to INFJs.
12% listed themselves as most attracted to either ISTJs or INTPs.

ISTJ
20% of ISTJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
16% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.

ENTJ
24% of ENTJs listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
15% listed themselves as most attracted to INTPs.
11% listed themselves as most attracted to ENTPs.

ENFJ
15% of ENFJs listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
13% listed themselves as most attracted to INFPs.
11% listed themselves as most attracted to either ENTPs or INTPs.

And finally
INTP

15% of INTPS listed themselves as most attracted to ENFPS.
13% listed themselves as most attracted to INTJs.
12% listed themselves as most attracted to ENTJs or ENTPs.