• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

INTPs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's a thread about me walking down the aisle pissing in everyone's mouth.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Classic illustration of extroverts' lack of appreciation for boundaries and tendency to butt in where no one asked them anything.
Lovely.
Well! Looks like someone's got issues. :) Thanks for making them obvious to the entire forum.

Seriously, though, I think I can speak for some introverts as well as extroverts when I tell you that you need to calm down. :chillpill:

A

Anew Leaf

Okay, because both [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4877]Kaizer[/MENTION] both repped me to ask me to elaborate: I was operating under the assumption that the thread was asking "INTPs: which type is the best romantic match for you personally?" So because I can't speak for any INTPs except my dad -- because he's the only INTP I know very well, outside of acquaintance-ship, outside of the forum -- I speak for him by saying that, if you were to ask him who his perfect match was, he'd say my mom, because he's a softy and a romantic with well-developed Fe, and he's been with my mom for over 25 years. If I know him well, and I do, I'd say that if you were to ask him this question, he'd say that my mom is the only woman he'd want to spend the rest of his life with, and the perfect woman for him. :heart:

But since you frequenters of this thread are mostly NTs, you want analysis! So I'll try to analyze and say: The two of them, INTP and INFJ, have very compatible senses of humor -- though his is goofier -- and they are about equally introverted, and they can read each other very well without having to say anything. Neither is terribly communicative in certain ways, but they don't really have to be, because even if one of them is confused, they can draw the other one out and figure them out bit by bit. They're both very low energy, so their lifestyles are equally sedentary and therefore compatible as well. And, last but not least, there's the obvious benefit of combining a T with an F: one is more nurturing and kindness-focused, and can advise the other on those matters, and the other is more grounded and logical, and can bring the other one back to earth when necessary.

The only downside is that my dad is a 5w6, and because of his 6 wing, he and my mom tend to reinforce each others' conspiracy theories -- and because he's a 5, there's no way to convince him that he isn't being logical.

Great analysis!

I voted for my dad as well and decided that although he is remarried, that I shall vote for my mom's type, ENFP, as that was his first choice in life.

My dad is also a 5, but he might be 5w4 as he thinks conspiracy theories are a load of hogwash. :laugh: His dad is either 5w6 or 6w5 and ENTJ.... and he is always coming up with bizarre theories of what is "really going on out there."

Anyways, back to analysis. My parents got along pretty well because of the Ne, but that also was a bit of their pitfall since Ne was the "go to" language for jokes on both sides. (I have experienced this problem with NTPs as well.) I remember my mom saying once that she thought my dad was perfect for her because they each complemented each others weaknesses and strengths. I thought that was a really nice sentiment to have for a spouse. My dad has always been the calm center of reason, but I know that my mom did her part in being the emotional support he needs.

My dad's current wife is an ISFJ and I think a big chunk of it is that he really needs that emotional support of an F type, and she is all about that. They have a very different dynamic from what my parents had, and I think that is by design on my dad's part. There is a less sense of joking playfulness that was my parents, and a lot more down to earth reality. It's not worse; just different.

My dad tries to communicate, but he is always botching it up. My mom was always horrified at things he would say in public, although she would turn them into a joke in private since it's not like he is going to change. His current wife is supremely horrified, says so, and is actively trying to change him on that score.

Another difference is that my mom tended to try and deal with things on her own a lot more than his current wife. I think it's simply an easy example of Fi/Fe differences, and I think it helps my dad a bit to have someone being more open and upfront about problems so he can attempt to fix them. (Which is totally a failing of mine as well.)

Ok, enough rambling. :p Not trying to hijack the thread at all, but thought my experiences might be helpful for the purpose of this idea.

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Personal experience:
- INTJ
- INFP
- INTP

I see my ideal type being an extrovert though. I have a weak spot for NFPs. They just make me feel good.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ya_think_button-p145944840926818600en8go_400.jpg

Lol, I'll tell ya what, INFPs can have some fun with the INTJs if they want. I think I will go find myself a bad ass ISTP to frolick with a bit. They deserve some love and devotion too :wubbie:

And I will put in a good with for your cause with the other ENFPs ;)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The person who started this thread is a intuitive supremecist because there were none of these romance threads made for ANY of the S types. We should start a riot!

Spartacuss

wholly charmed
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well! Looks like someone's got issues. :) Thanks for making them obvious to the entire forum.

Seriously, though, I think I can speak for some introverts as well as extroverts when I tell you that you need to calm down. :chillpill:

How you unwittingly continue to illustrate my point...
Anyone else you'd care to speak for? Not that you're any good at it, mind you. In your quest to further adulterate the thread with your worthless contributions, you've extended your projections to me. Do tell: in what part of my post did you see anything indicative of a lack of calm?
Perhaps you should try for self-analysis. You certainly couldn't do any worse.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll admit, it annoyed me too. In her defence no one cares enough about who ESTJs want to match up with to start that thread. :(

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I won't spank you, no matter how much you beg for it.

Why don't you go ask one of your PUA friends?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*fist bumps ma girl [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] *
:hifive:

Now, I will allow myself to be driven out of the thread, because conversations are only fun when all participants are willing.

See ya! :bye:

*unsubscribes*

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTJ-INTP 0%

Just as planned.

....:ninja:

A

Anew Leaf

How you unwittingly continue to illustrate my point...
Anyone else you'd care to speak for? Not that you're any good at it, mind you. In your quest to further adulterate the thread with your worthless contributions, you've extended your projections to me. Do tell: in what part of my post did you see anything indicative of a lack of calm?
Perhaps you should try for self-analysis. You certainly couldn't do any worse.

And somewhere on the internet a crying girl is creating a thread asking a forum as to why her INTP doesn't seem to like her anymore.

I, for one, can never figure out how that occurs.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
To be honest, whatever type will have me.

What type puts up with what has come to be euphemistically called "Ti"?
What type puts up with the most "emo" type of the NTs?
What type sees value in the qualities of an INTP?

I've often answered those questions with: None.
Or xNTx.
Or anything in between.
Yeah.
And that's my firm belief.

(*I wanted to erase that "emo"-line, but that would mean chancing the initial quote to something better, which really goes against my nature ...*)

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
I voted INFP, but any IN** would be good for me. I need that intuitiveness in a relationship or otherwise they do not get my jokes, thinking, etc. Wouldn't do me any good.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
These are the types who I think are good for romance.

ISFJ
ESFJ

ESFP
ESTP

ESTJ
ENTJ

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm less willing to say for certain what type would and wouldn't work. I used to think you could use MBTI like an equation and somehow determine the best fit type, but now I'm not so sure.

I'm pretty sure ESTPs and me aren't compatible, though.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Purely |Romantic|? If so... then all the ExxP types, based off what I'm feeling right now.

fun facts:
100% of the people (no it's not just one person!) I have dated/or have had crushes on are FPs, and the only ones who express interest in me are FPs. (*except for one ESFJ, mentioned below.)
TJs never seem to notice me at all. ;-;
TPs I can only bear to be around for so long, even as friends. They're definitely the people I have most fun with, but I get tired of them quickly.
I've only ever been attracted to an ESFJ from the FJ quadra, though it may have been because she wasn't from California, so maybe FJs are only good outside of California.