• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

ENTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
This is for you as an individual, not what you think ENTJs best type is in general.

The same question for these other types:

INTJs
ENTPs
INTPs

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have a few ideas.

But nothing specific enough to narrow it down to one type.

rav3n

This will vary per ENTJ. Depends on what you need within relationships. For myself, a certain variety of INTP since I need a ton of autonomy.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Sadly, INTJs.

Edit: I've had a history with INFJs, and INTPs. I just prefer introverts.

Last edited:

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Probably another ENTJ. I also seem to personally get attracted to INFJs with developed Ti. ::shrug::

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
As predicated by socionics, I've mostly dated ISFJs, followed by ENFPs.

There's a large variation of personality characterics, given analoguos personality types. Thus, I've found relationships with ISFJs who have intellectual interests to be sustainable, whereas I can't date those whose only focus in life is fashion and paperwork.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Definately an INFJ, I have been with one before in an 8 year relationship and we both started dating at 14, so we were extremely immature. Unfortunately I miss that relationship because an infj has a was of making things "their own" which may translate to clean and cozie but it makes it easy to meld with them. Either way at the end of the day i see that most NF's can just hug it out after a bad day. I miss that too. I definately need an introvert. And a an N, and probably a J. but the judger part has to be VERY dialed back... I don't get a long with INTP's...not one yet that i've met irl has kept my interest...most of the time i'm just annoyed with them cause i feel like they're being fake....like putting on a mask or something and thier eyes wander. The next on the list would probably be an esfp...because they're the only sensor type that is actually deep when talking about anything...they get right down to business and we are on the same wavelength. And i've never even met an INTJ so i wouldn't know

Lark

I would say INFJ, provided that the J balances out the F enough, its the contrasting opposites and complimentary traits which I think make for a good match.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
The two ENTJs I know are dating ESFJs.

rav3n

One might be ESTJ, but the other is certainly an ENTJ.
What about the ESFJs? Certain from that perspective?

While any relationship is possible, an ESFJ/ENTJ combination would most likely end in murder with the ENTJ left standing due to Te-Ni with its need for goals attainment.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
What about the ESFJs? Certain from that perspective?

While any relationship is possible, an ESFJ/ENTJ combination would most likely end in murder with the ENTJ left standing due to Te-Ni with its need for goals attainment.

The ESFJs are definitely ESFJs. :D

I don't think ENTJs are always as monstrous as they are made out to be. :laugh:

Interestingly, though, their political affiliations are reversed. My ESFJ mother is a liberal with her conservative ExTJ boyfriend, and my ESFJ conservative friend is with her liberal ENTJ boyfriend.

How would the attainment of goals interfere with the relationship?

rav3n

The ESFJs are definitely ESFJs. :D

I don't think ENTJs are always as monstrous as they are made out to be. :laugh:

Interestingly, though, their political affiliations are reversed. My ESFJ mother is a liberal with her conservative ExTJ boyfriend, and my ESFJ conservative friend is with her liberal ENTJ boyfriend.

How would the attainment of goals interfere with the relationship?
Considering the dynamics of an ESFJ/ENTJ relationship, the ENTJ would have to come to the only conclusion and that's to permanently remove the other. Te will then stop at nothing, to ensure the goal of permanent removal is attained. :laugh:

Actually, I'm kidding. But I am serious about the ESFJ/ENTJ dynamic being one of volatility since Te and Fe are both environmentally controlling.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Actually, I'm kidding. But I am serious about the ESFJ/ENTJ dynamic being one of volatility since Te and Fe are both environmentally controlling.

My mother's ETJ is very anal about certain things and is a bit of a control freak, though she lets it go most of the time, since despite his hardheaded-ness, he is very kind. He also only tries to take control of pretty inconsequential situations, so she tries not to let it phase her.

My friend and her ENTJ are in total puppy love, and I'm pretty sure the ESFJ makes sure to avoid politics like the plague around him, since he's very liberal and doesn't know the extent of her conservative-ness yet.

I feel like it's a workable relationship as long as the ENTJ isn't too controlling, and makes it evident that his heart is in the right place, and the ESFJ will be accommodating, recognize how much he cares, and love him nevertheless.

Don't ask me how long it'll last, though. It's been about a year, now, so we'll see. Not that I'm, like, waiting for them to break up.

rav3n

My mother's ETJ is very anal about certain things and is a bit of a control freak, though she lets it go most of the time, since despite his hardheaded-ness, he is very kind. He also only tries to take control of pretty inconsequential situations, so she tries not to let it phase her.

My friend and her ENTJ are in total puppy love, and I'm pretty sure the ESFJ makes sure to avoid politics like the plague around him, since he's very liberal and doesn't know the extent of her conservative-ness yet.

I feel like it's a workable relationship as long as the ENTJ isn't too controlling, and makes it evident that his heart is in the right place, and the ESFJ will be accommodating, recognize how much he cares, and love him nevertheless.

Don't ask me how long it'll last, though. It's been about a year, now, so we'll see. Not that I'm, like, waiting for them to break up.
ESFJs are incredibly controlling but they use guilt, shame and social devices to do so. Kind of like 'If you don't listen to me about [insert some form of anality], you're bad, blah, blah, evil, blah, blah, mean'.

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The two ENTJs I know are dating ESFJs.

I dated an ESFJ for 7 years. We spoke very different languages and all too quick to assume we understood.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
ESFJs are incredibly controlling but they use guilt, shame and social devices to do so. Kind of like 'If you don't listen to me about [insert some form of anality], you're bad, blah, blah, evil, blah, blah, mean'.

The evil ones are. :shock:

I actually like my ESFJs.

I dated an ESFJ for 7 years. We spoke very different languages and all too quick to assume we understood.

I kind of wonder if that's what's going on with my ESFJ buddy and her boyfriend. She's dated an INTJ before him, and that went down in flames.

rav3n

The evil ones are. :shock:

I actually like my ESFJs.
There's the other side to them where with social devices if you do 'good', they'll lavish you with compliments and whatever their love languages are, whether gifts, services, etc.

It's easier for you to relate to ESFJs since they share the same four functions as INTPs but in different order.

But for ENTJs and ESFJs our functions are in reverse order with opposite attitudes (Te, Ni, Se, Fi and Fe, Si, Ne, Ti). This can and usually does cause serious polarity. That's why it's such a surprise to me that you knew of two such pairings.