• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

ENTJs: Which type do you think is your ideal romantic match?

• Total voters

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love a good esfj from a distance ha ha...but i agree up close and personal in any kind of relationship other than work(even sometimes work) it's ok for a while. Then the Fe can really start to come out...and I do see them using guilt and things in social situations...mostly females do this i see...but that is a straight turn off, cause then it feels like they're either too nice or too mean...and would probably make me go insane...

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a little surprised by all the INFJ love, but I can see where ya'll are coming from.

I tend to have the strongest connections with men who are introverted and intuitive. I can "click" with virtually anyone, but only get that sense of melding with INXXs. The only exception to this trend seems to be ISTs, but even then it's like things sorta happen on an outer layer. Like, I could very easily see myself in a state of long-term domestic bliss with an ISTJ who hadn't an inkling of who I really was. I dunno. Watching my parents drift apart over the years has made me think that the S-N divide is ultimately alienating--people are better off with their own tribe in that respect.

Savitri

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I kind of wonder if that's what's going on with my ESFJ buddy and her boyfriend. She's dated an INTJ before him, and that went down in flames.

We were both "controlling" people but in our own way. He didn't understand that asking me to do x,y,z was an attempt to control/change me even though he was well intentioned. For me, I thought telling him what to do was showing my support but to him felt like I was attempting to control him. And even though we compromised, which we did a lot of, in the end we still angered each other because we didn't understand the main points of the other's argument.

Other than that, I think ESFJs are likeable people but just not something I'd devote my efforts into again. I ended it because I found I became attached to fixing the problem instead of loving the person. It wasn't fair for either of us.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
We were both "controlling" people but in our own way. He didn't understand that asking me to do x,y,z was an attempt to control/change me even though he was well intentioned. For me, I thought telling him what to do was showing my support but to him felt like I was attempting to control him. And even though we compromised, which we did a lot of, in the end we still angered each other because we didn't understand the main points of the other's argument.

Other than that, I think ESFJs are likeable people but just not something I'd devote my efforts into again. I ended it because I found I became attached to fixing the problem instead of loving the person. It wasn't fair for either of us.

Thank you for sharing.

Hopefully it doesn't come to this for my friend. Thankfully, I think flighty college kid attention spans will win out.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
For the two ENTJs I know, INFP seemed to be their favorite, followed up by INTPs. Seem to have strong preference for introverts as friends, too. One tried to date an ENFJ and wow...there is still ash falling from the sky over that episode.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't see "minion" as one of the choices...

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't. Minions take too much work since you're responsible for them. At least that's my belief as an ethical owner. :D

:shock: An ENTJ without minions. What has the world come to? Oh well, I vehemently agree with the ethical issue of taking care of your pets though :D

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
For the two ENTJs I know, INFP seemed to be their favorite, followed up by INTPs. Seem to have strong preference for introverts as friends, too. One tried to date an ENFJ and wow...there is still ash falling from the sky over that episode.

Hummmm, 3 of my close friends are ENTJ and two of them are guys and we get along great! BUT I am just barely an E and just barely and F, maybe that helps. They also seem to have a lot of emotional depth compared to the description I commonly hear about ENTJs. Of course one of my friends observed that they think they are in charge when they are with me, but really, I'm in charge. :D I never tell them what to do, I just tell them what I will or won't do and then they get to decide if they want to do things my way or not. Seems to workout fine in terms of them feeling in control of things.

rav3n

Hummmm, 3 of my close friends are ENTJ and two of them are guys and we get along great! BUT I am just barely an E and just barely and F, maybe that helps. They also seem to have a lot of emotional depth compared to the description I commonly hear about ENTJs. Of course one of my friends observed that they think they are in charge when they are with me, but really, I'm in charge. :D I never tell them what to do, I just tell them what I will or won't do and then they get to decide if they want to do things my way or not. Seems to workout fine in terms of them feeling in control of things.
My very oldest close friend is an ENFJ. She tries to pull this type of stunt all the time. When she does it, I just wander off and do my own thing unless what she wants to do, is what I want to do.

ENTJs are actually fine to follow good leads. We just won't follow poor leads or leaders.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
My very oldest close friend is an ENFJ. She tries to pull this type of stunt all the time. When she does it, I just wander off and do my own thing unless what she wants to do, is what I want to do.

ENTJs are actually fine to follow good leads. We just won't follow poor leads or leaders.

That's the point - you can do whatever you want! My particular ENTJs don't like being told what to do by peers (I'm talking about social type stuff, not them asking me to teach them about something on which I am an authority, in which case, yes they are very good about listening, learning and letting me take the lead). I'm fine with them doing what they want to do - I let them choose. It's not mind-voodoo - it's just what works. AND I will say, it is what works best for me too. I would prefer if someone told me what they are doing and let me say yes or no rather than trying to make me do something - you'll get a lot more yeses out of me if I feel like I'm making the choice rather than complying. But that's just me.