• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Honesty and Never a boring moment. Myself. I mean, Ive also never been in a romantic relationship. so this is assumption

So you have no idea what you're talking about then ?

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like that kind of honesty.

Thank you. I try.

So you have no idea what you're talking about then ?

I have an educated guess on what I am talking about. I know what Im attracted to. I have had crushes.I've been involved in relationship type relations. Im making assumptions based on experience.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I have an educated guess on what I am talking about. I know what Im attracted to. I have had crushes.I've been involved in relationship type relations. Im making assumptions based on experience.

Soo.. no idea what you're talking about.
Ok.

It's not crime, I'm not 'making fun of you' just stating you lack the type of realist outlook people with experience have.

I apologize if it sounds a bit brusk. I'm sure
An NF would have found a less brutal way of saying it.
I do agree that you can indeed have an idea of your preferences etc. The thing is there s a difference between attitude and behavior.
For example: many women think that the traits they are looking for in guys are (attitude) actually the traits that gets a guy friendzoned (behavior) etc

This creates cognitive dissonances most people seem unwilling to examine and will rather build an ego safe "its them, not me" (thats for example a large chuck of why 3rd wave feminism exist despite their claims having been debunked long ago). Breaking up their percepton of a topic into several self contradictory systems rather than admitting that they are full of shit.

Here s an example of the result:
I'm a Feminist, but I Like When He Comes on My Face

I picked this one because its more amusing than the rest of the strange stuff ppl think.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Soo.. no idea what you're talking about.
Ok.

It's not crime, I'm not 'making fun of you' just stating you lack the type of realist outlook people with experience have.

I apologize if it sounds a bit brusk. I'm sure
An NF would have found a less brutal way of saying it.
I do agree that you can indeed have an idea of your preferences etc. The thing is there s a difference between attitude and behavior.
For example: many women think that the traits they are looking for in guys are (attitude) actually the traits that gets a guy friendzoned (behavior) etc

This creates cognitive dissonances most people seem unwilling to examine and will rather build an ego safe "its them, not me" (thats for example a large chuck of why 3rd wave feminism exist despite their claims having been debunked long ago). Breaking up their percepton of a topic into several self contradictory systems rather than admitting that they are full of shit.

Here s an example of the result:
I'm a Feminist, but I Like When He Comes on My Face

I picked this one because its more amusing than the rest of the strange stuff ppl think.

Cosmopolitan. Really?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Cosmopolitan. Really?

Yeah it's a bit highbrow. But I think we can move away from cheap publications like scientific american as 99% of the population completely ignore science, facts and basic logic

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=74]digesthisickness[/MENTION] By the way it's not love it's infatuation.
There's no 'obsessive' nature in love in itself. I don't think the ENTP personality type is a very obsessive type. Though infatuation will touch all people more or less in the same way (ie: acting crazy)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=74]digesthisickness[/MENTION] By the way it's not love it's infatuation.
There's no 'obsessive' nature in love in itself. I don't think the ENTP personality type is a very obsessive type. Though infatuation will touch all people more or less in the same way (ie: acting crazy)

I thought Ne-dom's natural state was "acting crazy"

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
They always get the short end of the stick
Well philistines are interesting.

Technically we are making fun of the victims of an old jewish jenocide for reasons of 'we are the chosen one and our crazy druid priests says the voices in his head (ie: god) tell us to kill all of them despite it being a cardinal sin (except in the case of the 53631431 exceptions)

Anyway.
They're kind of diversifying. They originally where only getting the short and pointing end of the stick. Now it's all about short sticks. Tomorrow the world.

Philistines are going places.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
In case anyone (like me) was super curious about the article in the OP and couldn't find it (since the blog it's hosted at, is no more), you can find it here.

You're welcome. :D

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
In case anyone (like me) was super curious about the article in the OP and couldn't find it (since the blog it's hosted at, is no more), you can find it here.

You're welcome. :D

That person doesn't sound at all like an entp

Entps are cool and stuff.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That person doesn't sound at all like an entp

Entps are cool and stuff.

By "this person", do you mean me, or the author of the linked to article?

If you mean the latter, I understand why you'd say that, but kind of have to disagree-- I do think ENTPs really want to be "cool and stuff" all of the time, which is why feelings of actual deep affection throw them off. You guys aren't used to that, I don't think. So when someone actually fascinates and understands you at a mind/body/heart level, that's when you get the way this article describes.

What are your two cents on that?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
By "this person", do you mean me, or the author of the linked to article?

If you mean the latter, I understand why you'd say that, but kind of have to disagree-- I do think ENTPs really want to be "cool and stuff" all of the time, which is why feelings of actual deep affection throw them off. You guys aren't used to that, I don't think. So when someone actually fascinates and understands you at a mind/body/heart level, that's when you get the way this article describes.

What are your two cents on that?

Heresy. (I meant the author of the article).
By which I mean the level of insecurity the author displays seems at odds with the entp general demeanor and low fi-ness. On most days I don't even see my feelings as relevant to anything I do.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heresy. (I meant the author of the article).
By which I mean the level of insecurity the author displays seems at odds with the entp general demeanor and low fi-ness. On most days I don't even see my feelings as relevant to anything I do.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me. It's something I've been investigating, trying to reconcile his confident, funny, idea-fueled outward self with this deep, open vulnerability when we are together-- and yes, it verges on insecurity, when he opens himself up to me like that. The congruent piece is blunt honesty, whether from the mind or from the heart. I think. I love all of it, don't get me wrong. :D

I should say, the bloke in question is in his early thirties and has done quite a bit of growing in life. He's said that he's never had this kind of openness in relationship, so again, it's not a common thing. When I read the above article, I definitely had several "aha" moments regarding his intimate demeanor with me. I should also note that he's an Sx-first 7.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me.
He's probably faking it :coffee:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me. It's something I've been investigating, trying to reconcile his confident, funny, idea-fueled outward self with this deep, open vulnerability when we are together-- and yes, it verges on insecurity, when he opens himself up to me like that. The congruent piece is blunt honesty, whether from the mind or from the heart. I think. I love all of it, don't get me wrong. :D

I should say, the bloke in question is in his early thirties and has done quite a bit of growing in life. He's said that he's never had this kind of openness in relationship, so again, it's not a common thing. When I read the above article, I definitely had several "aha" moments regarding his intimate demeanor with me. I should also note that he's an Sx-first 7.

Good job picking out an sx first E7 thirties ENTP. I could only imagine with that's like. :alttongue:

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Good job picking out an sx first E7 thirties ENTP. I could only imagine with that's like. :alttongue:

Haha. I actually didn't realize any of that off the bat, as he identified as INTP (when I met him) and had never heard of Enneagram. It's only been over the process of really getting to know him that he's dug into Enneagram and that I raised the question about his MBTI-- to be completely real, he's still on the fence, settled at xNTP (but he generally always leads with Ne and follows with Ti, not visa versa).

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha. I actually didn't realize any of that off the bat, as he identified as INTP (when I met him) and had never heard of Enneagram. It's only been over the process of really getting to know him that he's dug into Enneagram and that I raised the question about his MBTI-- to be completely real, he's still on the fence, settled at xNTP (but he generally always leads with Ne and follows with Ti, not visa versa).

If he's an INTP that's probably slightly better for you. ENTPs have a hard time committing and sticking with things though being 30+ does help mitigate that with a little more maturity. If he is an ENTP then let him be free to pursue other interests in his life (obviously not other women)without demanding that he focus all his attention on you. Otherwise, enjoy the ride. :D