• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I found this recently and related too well. So, I offer it to you, my fellow ENTPs to do with as you will, as I know you would anyway, and to those who have been unfortunate enough to be the recipient of our affections.

ENTP and the mystery of Fi.

W

WALMART

an awesome read.

i'm very new to understanding functions, so perhaps this particularly hit home for that reason, but i like the thoughts of running Fi through the Ti wringer, essentially feigning Fi completely...

sigh.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
a very awesome read.

i'm very new to understanding functions, so perhaps this particularly hit home for that reason, but i like the thoughts of running Fi through the Ti wringer, essentially feigning Fi completely...

sigh.

I liked that it was understandable even if you aren't a function expert. I know very little beyond my function order myself. Yet, I definitely recognized the order's manifestations in that article.

W

WALMART

I liked that it was understandable even if you aren't a function expert. I know very little beyond my function order myself. Yet, I definitely recognized the order's manifestations in that article.

I've asked so many people on this forum to explain functions. It seems people are physically incapable of teaching, or at very least unwilling/able to bounce ideas off each other. I finally gave up and just today did a little research, of course, primarily about my functions. It's odd a piece like this came into existence, today of all days. Thanks.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've asked so many people on this forum to explain functions. It seems people are physically incapable of teaching, or at very least unwilling/able to bounce ideas off each other. I finally gave up and just today did a little research, of course, primarily about my functions. It's odd a piece like this came into existence, today of all days. Thanks.

That is odd. But, you are very welcome.

I've had trouble figuring it out as well. So far, it seems that people (mostly the NFs) can apparently read the wiki about it and BOOM know which thoughts are which and from where, and then talk about them as if they're tangible. I need more help in recognizing where a thought is rooted.

W

WALMART

That is odd. But, you are very welcome.

I've had trouble figuring it out as well. So far, it seems that people (mostly the NFs) can apparently read the wiki about it and BOOM know which thoughts are which and from where, and then talk about them as if they're tangible. I need more help in recognizing where a thought is rooted.

I wouldn't know where to find them if I had a thought garden.

Hm, more understanding. I'm sure I was simply choosing the wrong people to attempt engagement with.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Examples, so far, seem to be the best way to understanding for me. The article did a great job with that. Fi being so low in our order that we have trouble, naturally, and being that Ti is higher, we analyze, analyze, analyze. Since analyzing what we don't understand is basically, what we do. It makes sense that we'd over-think this since complex issues brings out our determination to understand even more. Now, we're challenged, but in this case, it could easily be a handicap. It's in context.

The more we care (love) the more determined we are to understand. But, being that it's in the Fi realm, we trip, stumble, become even more determined, etc.

Unfortunately, it's not a project, computer problem, or grand scheme, it's a person, and one can only have so much information to work with there.

W

WALMART

examples are a fantastic way of learning for me. it gives me cross-examination, between what i think i perceive and what is actually there (examples exemplify the concept).

a customer of mine, on his way out of the door, asked me if i was an analytic person. it piqued my curiosity, i told him i thought so. he said having 9 pens in my shirt pocket was the give-away, lol. it's stuck with me. i dont' know why i'm stating this.

i'd like to think it's a gift, apart from a handicap! i feel "upper management" material... but shh, i think that sounds pretentious =X

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ha. What an odd observation to share with a stranger. Cool, though. Like he had to ask to find out if his random theory was correct.

I agree with you. Normally, it's not a handicap at all, well, maybe a little, but not usually in a permanent life-changing way. It works 99% of the time. However, I edited and added why, in this instance, it has great potential to become a handicap.

Because it's dealing with a combination of the most overwhelming (positive) feeling of all, unnerving in the best of circumstances, plus it hits us right smack in our weak spot, Fi, AND requires dealing with the machinations of another human being altogether, who never comes with a manual! That makes for one very unique "problem". One that can only use past references, and objective knowledge so far to "solve".

KDude

"It’s the stuff that makes ENFPs and INFPs, the manic pixies of the MBTI world, wander off in search of ice cream and come back a day later, having fallen asleep in a bean bag chair at a furniture store."

This is a good thing? :dont:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
"It’s the stuff that makes ENFPs and INFPs, the manic pixies of the MBTI world, wander off in search of ice cream and come back a day later, having fallen asleep in a bean bag chair at a furniture store."

This is a good thing? :dont:

I have no idea what he meant. Why? Because I suck at Fi. I took it to mean they don't sweat that shit nearly as much as they've more or less kicked its ass. Especially compared to me.

W

WALMART

actually, there are people on this site that i can relate with it being a problem for. i feel healthy in my personality, but others.... analyzing gets the best of them. thinking about this harder, it's likely partially probable for what drove me to my belief systems, my acceptance of over-analyzation not always being key.

ah, i see! to deal with something so powerful yet personally misunderstood, then compound it upon the need to understand another's... geez.

my most recent ex, a girl with incredible problems. my drive to rationalize her problems is what ultimately destroyed us, i've thought. she didn't care much for self-discovery, and all i wanted to do was explore the depths of her psyche. hm.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
actually, there are people on this site that i can relate with it being a problem for. i feel healthy in my personality, but others.... analyzing gets the best of them. thinking about this harder, it's likely partially probable for what drove me to my belief systems, my acceptance of over-analyzation not always being key.

ah, i see! to deal with something so powerful yet personally misunderstood, then compound it upon the need to understand another's... geez.

my most recent ex, a girl with incredible problems. my drive to rationalize her problems is what ultimately destroyed us, i've thought. she didn't care much for self-discovery, and all i wanted to do was explore the depths of her psyche. hm.

*Nods*

Indeed. Normally, I feel quite healthy with the way I think, but you see where I was going with this. It's a thinker. One, I'd, of course, love to solve to at least a workable degree. Leaving necessary openings for additional variations in order to have it work with as many individuals as possible.

Damn. Hello, T, you incessant attention whore.

KDude

Rule 1) Self discovery... with someone else besides the self... is always a dumb idea.

ENTPs are fine the less human they try to be.

Same with any T maybe. Look at Dr Phil. Just get that the fuck away from people.

edit: Wait, he's popular with people. Goes to show what I know.

W

WALMART

Rule 1) Self discovery... with someone else besides the self... is always a dumb idea.

ENTPs are fine the less human they try to be.

Same with any T maybe. Look at Dr Phil. Just get that the fuck away from people.

edit: Wait, he's popular with people. Goes to show what I know.

i would like someone to discover myself with me... attachment to definitives are a dumb idea =P

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i would like someone to discover myself with me... attachment to definitives are a dumb idea =P

I'd love that as well. I want to create a vortex of romantic learning about one another, always reaching new heights. Repeatedly culminating in our turning inside out and through the other. Preferably manifesting itself in bed.

W

WALMART

I'd love that as well. I want to create a vortex of romantic learning about one another where we turn inside out. Preferably manifesting itself in bed.

especially manifesting itself in bed.

i'm glad i'm not the only one, on all accounts of what you've said.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
especially manifesting itself in bed.

i'm glad i'm not the only one, on all accounts of what you've said.

Oh, you're not alone. And, I'm glad I'm not as well. Unfortunately most people scare easily.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:ninja: Suggestion..you could ask an enfp or infp to explain love to you...if it is the Fi version you are after. Believe it or not, it does come with its own internal logic...