User Tag List

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ENTP: I HAZ ONLY 10 MEENUTE
    ENTP: BUT HAI
    ENTP: hope you're feeling better!
    ENTP: just imagine that I was in the freezer for awhile
    ENTP: and just rub me against your head
    ENTP: let my cooled flesh soothe you
    ENTP: : DDDDDDDDDDDDD
    ENTP: yeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyeyey
    ENTP: shoot, gotta run a bit early
    ENTP: baiiiiiiiiiiii ;D
    My ENTP boyfriend. I thought it was a particularly brilliant example of our utterly retarded and affectionate interactions with one another.

Typical.

Oh and I had a headache the night before. Rofl.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

It's the functions that I don't have memorized, much less exercised their meanings in enough contexts to fully communicate well with them. However, after a bit of reading, I can already see your points. Both you and UDog.

Since you're here though and clarified, which I appreciate as it did help, I'll answer you. The Ti can be very wrong when dealing with those with strong Fi when my strength is Fe. It can become frustrated easily when in love because it's intensified in its importance. So, the two together can be disastrous. Causing me to see connections where none exist then having them repeat themselves instead of being able to break free from what SEEMS logical to ME temporarily (because I'm grasping for logic and so go for the first and most obvious conclusion in that moment), but isn't at all to the Fi of the other.

Without knowing how to read their minds, DAMNIT, being in love can cause stress, serious stress, which clings to logic found in patterns seen in past cause/effect situations that in actuality have no basis in reality.

Love causes extreme stress (shit got real), mind no longer relaxes and 'plays' with theories which lead to questioning and normal routes of learning, and is replaced with silent analysis. A ridiculous overly serious analysis in an attempt to 'know' already! It no longer plays and learns as it normally does, but wants to know everything NOW and comes to wrong conclusions in an order, I suppose, to end the stress. Or freezes altogether and detaches. Unable to relax again until I'm more secure or feel safer in that love. So that my normal way of thinking returns. It's just getting there that is the issue.

Sound cute? Sounds like a friggen freak show to me.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    I found this recently and related too well. So, I offer it to you, my fellow ENTPs to do with as you will, as I know you would anyway, and to those who have been unfortunate enough to be the recipient of our affections.

ENTP and the mystery of Fi.
    Great. This just about brought me to tears. I wish I could hate him and make him go away forever, but now I just feel like a Jude without a Robert.

At first, I thought you had written this, kitten. Where did you find it?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Great. This just about brought me to tears. I wish I could hate him and make him go away forever, but now I just feel like a Jude without a Robert.

At first, I thought you had written this, kitten. Where did you find it?
    Not surprisingly, I found it googling "ENTP in love".
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Not surprisingly, I found it googling "ENTP in love".
    I never get such spectacular results. Let me use your internet.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

It's the functions that I don't have memorized, much less exercised their meanings in enough contexts to fully communicate well with them. However, after a bit of reading, I can already see your points. Both you and UDog.

Since you're here though and clarified, which I appreciate as it did help, I'll answer you. The Ti can be very wrong when dealing with those with strong Fi when my strength is Fe. It can become frustrated easily when in love because it's intensified in its importance. So, the two together can be disastrous. Causing me to see connections where none exist then having them repeat themselves instead of being able to break free from what SEEMS logical to ME temporarily (because I'm grasping for logic and so go for the first and most obvious conclusion in that moment), but isn't at all to the Fi of the other.

Without knowing how to read their minds, DAMNIT, being in love can cause stress, serious stress, which clings to logic found in patterns seen in past cause/effect situations that in actuality have no basis in reality.

Love causes extreme stress (shit got real), mind no longer relaxes and 'plays' with theories which lead to questioning and normal routes of learning, and is replaced with silent analysis. A ridiculous overly serious analysis in an attempt to 'know' already! It no longer plays and learns as it normally does, but wants to know everything NOW and comes to wrong conclusions in an order, I suppose, to end the stress. Or freezes altogether and detaches. Unable to relax again until I'm more secure or feel safer in that love. So that my normal way of thinking returns. It's just getting there that is the issue.

Don't worry I don't really feel I can communicate well with or about functions either.

I would not say cute, but I wouldn't say freak show either. Sounds like emotional vulnerability coupled with painful miscommunication (perhaps insecurity/uncertainty about the situation?), which I agree is hard to deal with, but lots of people feel that way! For me, honesty and partner feedback are very important for communication. For example, even as simple as "I'm feeling so confused right now, I don't want to leap to conclusions and I don't want to say something I regret, I need you to give me a little time and space to process" is tremendously helpful. If my INFP ex had had the presence of mind to do or say that kind of thing instead of going all sullen and detached then maybe we could have worked through some issues better. (edit: don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a lot I could have done too)

Also, my sister and I were talking the other day, about a reservoir of trust, how building that reservoir with another person can carry you through miscommunciations and misunderstanding until you get to the other side of it.
    Last edited by gromit; 08-10-2012 at 07:50 AM.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Just as a word of caution - that article seems to confuse Fi with the emotions themselves. Emotions are on a different, more primal layer, and the cognitive functions of Fi and Ti only come into play when we try to evaluate those emotions.

Consider emotions as the forest. Fi is in the middle of the forest, and can tell you minute details about the color and texture of the bark, and become hypnotized by how the leaves sway in the wind. But... it can lose perspective of the forest. Ti is outside and above the forest, and sees the forest much more clearly, but struggles with seeing the individual trees.

I would argue the article regards the convection of emotion and how intent is displayed, but I understand what you mean. Different strokes.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Calling it cute is the sort of NF - NT patronizing that I'm not particularly fond of, but I never once thought it looked like a freak show, either. You're invested in this guy in a way you aren't used to investing in people, and I think the fact that you're willing to work with the emotions is pretty great.

Reading each other's minds isn't really something that happens quickly with INFPs and ENTPs, despite the shared Ne. It's a relationship of exploration, and not always to easy places, either. But the great thing about exploration is that you never know what you'll discover, and some of those things can be pretty amazing.

/idealistic gook

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Also, my sister and I were talking the other day, about a reservoir of trust, how building that reservoir with another person can carry you through miscommunciations and misunderstanding until you get to the other side of it.
    This is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I would argue the article regards the convection of emotion and how intent is displayed, but I understand what you mean. Different strokes.
    The article did a great job describing the "convection of emotion", but when he says something like "After all, Fi is great. It’s the gooey source of real feelings, rather than polite obligations.", he's not quite getting the vocabulary right. A minor thing, but can lead people astray if they start picking the article apart.

Not that ENTPs are likely to obsessively dissect an idea to death or anything...

Dreaming the life Array onemoretime's Avatar
    MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

One bit of advice to anyone who'll hear it: when doing work on emotions, do yourself a favor and toss function preference theory out the window. It's far too analytical to be of use in learning more about a holistic, partially subconscious aspect of ourselves.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    One bit of advice to anyone who'll hear it: when doing work on emotions, do yourself a favor and toss function preference theory out the window. It's far too analytical to be of use in learning more about a holistic, partially subconscious aspect of ourselves.
    Agreed. I think adding function theory to emotional evaluation is mostly to avoid actually evaluating emotions.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast