User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    To be honest, I didn't even read the original article fully. Must've missed the unique snowflake bit.
    No worries. I don't recall once ever reading that term in the article, and I've read it numerous times. The first time I saw it used was in this thread, so I took it to mean that some read it as his believing ENTPs think they're special by having this problem. If I'm wrong about it being used, and it was said seriously, I'd like to have it pointed out.

Personally, I think that deeming his writing that article as his thinking his type is special would mean that every thread on this forum is saying the same damned thing about THEIR type.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    for many, i believe it is for being correct.
    That would be awesome. Not having the problem, of course, but identifying a potential for one that wasn't touched on before, so that we can learn from it. Something, I for one, absolutely treasure.

I know I have problems, and attempting to solve them in order to eradicate anything that may be holding me back in life is top priority. Always. And, if I can help someone else that's just as interested? Quantum awesomeness.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I apologize in case that was harsh, I'm sure your intentions are good. I didn't criticize you, just the article. But if it gave people some food for thought, then I guess it was a worthwhile read.
    My intentions with this thread are nothing but good. Not only for those who can relate to how love effects them, but hopefully it may help those who are the ones being loved. I even said so in my OP.

We're cool.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

WALMART

very interesting take on the objectiveness of the common man's perception.

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    The more we care (love) the more determined we are to understand. But, being that it's in the Fi realm, we trip, stumble, become even more determined, etc.

Unfortunately, it's not a project, computer problem, or grand scheme, it's a person, and one can only have so much information to work with there.
    Why is it (Ti-understanding?) antithetical to trying to understand another person? Perhaps I do not quite grasp the quality or depth of Ti-driven understanding, but I feel like it would be flattering and possibly even calming to have another person trying to understand in that manner. There is a point where you just realize not everything about humans is logical?

I am certainly Fi-driven but I also feel I relate to some of the things that poster was talking about.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    you say an awful lot, to go around touting that sig
    Is there something I
    missed you'd like to add?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Um. I'm so bad at this, not I'm not even sure what my question is. My main issue though, if I look at my past experiences, is dealing with those with Fi. No doubt because that's my main weakness. Can you do anything with that?
    Just as a word of caution - that article seems to confuse Fi with the emotions themselves. Emotions are on a different, more primal layer, and the cognitive functions of Fi and Ti only come into play when we try to evaluate those emotions.

Consider emotions as the forest. Fi is in the middle of the forest, and can tell you minute details about the color and texture of the bark, and become hypnotized by how the leaves sway in the wind. But... it can lose perspective of the forest. Ti is outside and above the forest, and sees the forest much more clearly, but struggles with seeing the individual trees.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I found this recently and related too well. So, I offer it to you, my fellow ENTPs to do with as you will, as I know you would anyway, and to those who have been unfortunate enough to be the recipient of our affections.

ENTP and the mystery of Fi.
    that's awesome. i am now totally convinced my ex was an entp. i always used to say he ti'd his fi to death.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Why is it (Ti-understanding?) antithetical to trying to understand another person? Perhaps I do not quite grasp the quality or depth of Ti-driven understanding, but I feel like it would be flattering and possibly even calming to have another person trying to understand in that manner. There is a point where you just realize not everything about humans is logical?

I am certainly Fi-driven but I also feel I relate to some of the things that poster was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Just as a word of caution - that article seems to confuse Fi with the emotions themselves. Emotions are on a different, more primal layer, and the cognitive functions of Fi and Ti only come into play when we try to evaluate those emotions.

Consider emotions as the forest. Fi is in the middle of the forest, and can tell you minute details about the color and texture of the bark, and become hypnotized by how the leaves sway in the wind. But... it can lose perspective of the forest. Ti is outside and above the forest, and sees the forest much more clearly, but struggles with seeing the individual trees.
    Okay, in order to have a conversation with you guys, I must first go to the wiki again and try to learn your language. I'll be back.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    NiFe

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

Yuuuup.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

Okay, in order to have a conversation with you guys, I must first go to the wiki again and try to learn your language. I'll be back.
    No need to learn a language, just use English!

Did you find the questions in my post unclear? I guess I just wanted a bit more understanding of what you meant by what you had posted before. For context, here was my reaction to the thread:

The way you and @jontherobot were describing feelings earlier in the thread was quite lovely and sweet, to me. As I had mentioned, I imagine it would be flattering to have someone pay that kind of attention to me, trying to understand where I'm coming from and what everything means. So, that said, I guess I am just curious where precisely you see the problem, from the Ti perspective, how you feel that Ti is inhibiting what you might like to experience in terms of a relationship (?) Because also, feeling like you might not act appropriately or at the wrong time or too strongly or that you over-analyze is something I think most introspective people experience at some point (that is what I relate to from the article).

I guess, asked another way, what specifically do you perceive in Fi that you would like to have or understand?

Anyway, I've tried to be as clear as possible here, hopefully it makes more sense to you now.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast