User Tag List

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Behold! The ENTP infected with love.

Controlled Mischief Array StephMC's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Oh, I see. So, you disagree with the functions that are/could cause our complete and utter analysis paralysis. Hmmm. While I know that in the big picture, it doesn't really matter exactly which functions cause such a thing as the effects are the same, it still does matter a lot because in order to learn how to get past this and be truly effective when in a relationship or simply in the throes of love's bitch slap, I need to know the cause behind the effect.

And, yeah, the drawings applied I think to much younger ENTPs. They learn pretty quickly how to handle initial introductions. It's always the actual falling in love that causes the most problems. Once THAT happens, it's when the train can go off the track.
    Absolutely Couldn't have said it better myself! (Especially the needing to know the cause behind the effect -- damn you, Ti).
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

The secret way to get past it is to not care and be happily single (or... just single). But no one listens to my advice.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Array Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Not at all. I'm not ALWAYS sarcastic. I said something yesterday that wasn't as well.
    oh, i know. that's why i had to ask.
    we fukin won boys

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    The only thing I would add is that all xxTPs experience this to a different degree, not just ENTPs.
    That's what I was thinking the whole time I was reading this article. Yeah, ENTPs have got issues when it comes to love. We analyse it to death, we compartmentalize it, hell we don't even trust it most of the time. But that's not a one type specific thang. Ask my ISTP roommate. Sure, he's never had trouble getting a girl to sleep with him, but he struggles expressing and accessing the feelings of love he has for his girlfriend.

The ENTP in the article wants someone with whom he can "truly" connect with. But that's not new. Almost everyone wants to be understood and to connect with their fellow man. Maybe I'm being overly critical of the article cause I have a knee-jerk eye-roll reaction to anything that implies "special snowflake" status of any one kind of person. It was an article that certainly hit home for me, but I think that it could probably hit home with many xxTPs.

Also, I find your defensive sarcastic attitude is kinda waylaying any kind of decent discourse about this. Do you want us all to unanimously agree with you on this article or talk about it from our different perspectives? You choose.

@ OP: what a bunch of convoluted, self-centered, narcissistically depicted, biased and highly accurate BS.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    @ OP: what a bunch of convoluted, self-centered, narcissistically depicted, biased and highly accurate BS.

you say an awful lot, to go around touting that sig

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ Array digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    oh, i know. that's why i had to ask.
    Any input would be great.

And, to all who read this, to clarify, I know the article is about ENTPs, but the guy who wrote it did it that way because that's the only perspective he can honestly speak about with any certainty. He'd have been totally wrong to add all XXTPs in with it.

I didn't read it as a special snowflake type article, but an honest depiction of his experience as his own type with this one aspect of his life. It's not an official study; he nor I ever claimed it is, but his own personal observation and one that I just happen to relate to and thought others might as well. Turns out that I was right which means I'm getting somewhere, growing, learning, progressing, and hopefully taking others with me.

Is this not what a forum is for? Discussion?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

To be honest, I didn't even read the original article fully. Must've missed the unique snowflake bit.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    To be honest, I didn't even read the original article fully. Must've missed the unique snowflake bit.

The part speaking of xSxx's being a good match for us.

Which, the ambiguity of the type in of itself right there should imply that special snowflake status is not explicitly implied...

Any input would be great.

And, to all who read this, to clarify, I know the article is about ENTPs, but the guy who wrote it did it that way because that's the only perspective he can honestly speak about with any certainty. He'd have been totally wrong to add all XXTPs in with it.

I didn't read it as a special snowflake type article, but an honest depiction of his experience as his own type with this one aspect of his life. It's not an official study; he nor I ever claimed it is, but his own personal observation and one that I just happen to relate to and thought others might as well. Turns out that I was right which means I'm getting somewhere, and hopefully taking others with me.

Is this not what a forum is for? Discussion?

for many, i believe it is for being correct.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I know he used an S as his 'nemesis' who did much better, but I didn't see him doing it in such a way that it was an insult. More like a compliment to their competence. Unless, I'm forgetting something that was said in it. That's possible.

Yeah, I got that it was being used wrong. I've seen it play out a lot on forums, etc. too, but what I didn't get was how it's relevant to the link.
    However, I'M not doing that. I'M not saying anything bad about S's at all. That has nothing to do with what I'm hoping to learn.
    I apologize in case that was harsh, I'm sure your intentions are good. I didn't criticize you, just the article. But if it gave people some food for thought, then I guess it was a worthwhile read.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast