User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

Results 151 to 160 of 163

  1. #151

    Default

    In case anyone (like me) was super curious about the article in the OP and couldn't find it (since the blog it's hosted at, is no more), you can find it here.

    You're welcome.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  2. #152
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    In case anyone (like me) was super curious about the article in the OP and couldn't find it (since the blog it's hosted at, is no more), you can find it here.

    You're welcome.
    That person doesn't sound at all like an entp

    Entps are cool and stuff.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That person doesn't sound at all like an entp

    Entps are cool and stuff.
    By "this person", do you mean me, or the author of the linked to article?

    If you mean the latter, I understand why you'd say that, but kind of have to disagree-- I do think ENTPs really want to be "cool and stuff" all of the time, which is why feelings of actual deep affection throw them off. You guys aren't used to that, I don't think. So when someone actually fascinates and understands you at a mind/body/heart level, that's when you get the way this article describes.

    What are your two cents on that?
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  4. #154
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    By "this person", do you mean me, or the author of the linked to article?

    If you mean the latter, I understand why you'd say that, but kind of have to disagree-- I do think ENTPs really want to be "cool and stuff" all of the time, which is why feelings of actual deep affection throw them off. You guys aren't used to that, I don't think. So when someone actually fascinates and understands you at a mind/body/heart level, that's when you get the way this article describes.

    What are your two cents on that?
    Heresy. (I meant the author of the article).
    By which I mean the level of insecurity the author displays seems at odds with the entp general demeanor and low fi-ness. On most days I don't even see my feelings as relevant to anything I do.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  5. #155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Heresy. (I meant the author of the article).
    By which I mean the level of insecurity the author displays seems at odds with the entp general demeanor and low fi-ness. On most days I don't even see my feelings as relevant to anything I do.
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me. It's something I've been investigating, trying to reconcile his confident, funny, idea-fueled outward self with this deep, open vulnerability when we are together-- and yes, it verges on insecurity, when he opens himself up to me like that. The congruent piece is blunt honesty, whether from the mind or from the heart. I think. I love all of it, don't get me wrong.

    I should say, the bloke in question is in his early thirties and has done quite a bit of growing in life. He's said that he's never had this kind of openness in relationship, so again, it's not a common thing. When I read the above article, I definitely had several "aha" moments regarding his intimate demeanor with me. I should also note that he's an Sx-first 7.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  6. #156
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me.
    He's probably faking it
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    He's probably faking it
    Lol. You can believe that if you'd like, as clearly you have no context to go on.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  8. #158
    Privileged Sh!tlord ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's an everyday thing at all, quite the contrary. I just started dating an ENTP who isn't like that at all in any circumstance, except with me. It's something I've been investigating, trying to reconcile his confident, funny, idea-fueled outward self with this deep, open vulnerability when we are together-- and yes, it verges on insecurity, when he opens himself up to me like that. The congruent piece is blunt honesty, whether from the mind or from the heart. I think. I love all of it, don't get me wrong.

    I should say, the bloke in question is in his early thirties and has done quite a bit of growing in life. He's said that he's never had this kind of openness in relationship, so again, it's not a common thing. When I read the above article, I definitely had several "aha" moments regarding his intimate demeanor with me. I should also note that he's an Sx-first 7.
    Good job picking out an sx first E7 thirties ENTP. I could only imagine with that's like.
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

  9. #159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZNP-TBA View Post
    Good job picking out an sx first E7 thirties ENTP. I could only imagine with that's like.
    Haha. I actually didn't realize any of that off the bat, as he identified as INTP (when I met him) and had never heard of Enneagram. It's only been over the process of really getting to know him that he's dug into Enneagram and that I raised the question about his MBTI-- to be completely real, he's still on the fence, settled at xNTP (but he generally always leads with Ne and follows with Ti, not visa versa).
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes ZNP-TBA liked this post

  10. #160
    Privileged Sh!tlord ZNP-TBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Haha. I actually didn't realize any of that off the bat, as he identified as INTP (when I met him) and had never heard of Enneagram. It's only been over the process of really getting to know him that he's dug into Enneagram and that I raised the question about his MBTI-- to be completely real, he's still on the fence, settled at xNTP (but he generally always leads with Ne and follows with Ti, not visa versa).
    If he's an INTP that's probably slightly better for you. ENTPs have a hard time committing and sticking with things though being 30+ does help mitigate that with a little more maturity. If he is an ENTP then let him be free to pursue other interests in his life (obviously not other women)without demanding that he focus all his attention on you. Otherwise, enjoy the ride.
    Likes small.wonder liked this post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :wubbie:
  • :smile:
  • :D
  • :wink:
  • ;)
  • :newwink:
  • :cry:
  • :(
  • :mad:
  • :dry:
  • :doh:
  • :unsure:
  • :shock:
  • :huh:
  • :shrug:

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTP Manager with ENTJ vs. INTJ direct report???
    By codeownage in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 10:20 PM
  2. [ENTP] How does an ENTP deal with hurt feelings?
    By Samvega in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 09:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO