• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Do you have self destructive periods?

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Why are they like? Can you tell what triggers them? Are the cyclical, random? How do you deal with them?

I have months like this. Instead of my usual self (exercising regularly, being very health conscious in my eating, reserved, working on a lot of projects) I spend a lot of time sleeping, eating junk, drinking and smoking more than normal, hooking up with people I know I dislike, and generally not being able to focus on things I want to do. But after a month I'll shake it off.

I know my posts have been super downers lately. I just had this thing happen and I think trying to maintain perspective and hold off another one of these dumb phases. :nono:

Do you guys experience similar stuff? Did you outgrow it? Or other experiences you'd want to share?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, it's been going on for about a decade.

W

WALMART

yeah.... usually after events in which I feel I betrayed my sense of being.

Philosorapteuse

right on the left wing
MBTI Type
INTP
Definitely. I have periods where I just spiral into feeling worthless, and then I never achieve anything, get bored and apathetic, and feel worthless, so I don't achieve anything... and so it goes. P is really not my friend sometimes. I need to be compelled to keep moving if I'm not going to sink into apathy.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, but not like what has been described. Well, actually they're sort of like what Philosorapteuse said, but they only last like a day or two, and they usually follow a high mood. I really don't understand them though.