User Tag List

123 Last

WALMART

Default ENTP's: Can We Become Successful?

I have this gnawing inside, a deep seated fear...

that nothing I do in life will lead to personal success. I lack the follow-through to become anything I wish to be, and I foresee a life ending in unexecuted ambition and potential.

Is it something that can be conquered?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Same, though I'm not an ENTP.

I think since success and all the hard work it entails is something I kind of fear, but know that what I want has to be done or else I'll hate myself forever. So, I think in baby steps.

It doesn't always work, but when I manage it, I feel great.

Where exactly do you think you're not fulfilling your full potential, if you don't mind sharing? Or even if you don't, things become a lot easier when you break down a practical strategy for fulfilling your ambitions.

It doesn't solve the issue all at once, since it's working from the external to the internal (by changing your surroundings), and not the other way around (by changing your mindset). But, at the same time, internal strife over what you have/haven't done tends to feed off of its own unhealthy mindset and ends up going nowhere, so you have to draw from something else in order to hope to see any change - that something else in this case being the possible strategy I mentioned.

I really feel for you though, yo. That terror is always rolling around in the back of my mind.

WALMART

@Ism ,

I see beautiful art, yet I never paint. I witness ingenious coding, yet I never program. I hear eloquent speeches, yet I never write.

I honestly cannot even say I have a negative perception of myself, or my ability to perform...

I simply have no drive. I see no end result, I envision no benefit. Everything in life is null and void.

I tend to work best in tight knit groups, where my inaction is kept in check by constant pressure to perform. I suppose it's why I make threads like this even, to feel driven by words such as yours. I like it. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Np, lolz

So you're, like, an absurdist or something?

Out of curiosity, though, why would you even obligate yourself to paint or code or write? I guess it's not really obligating, but even considering it and setting up expectations for it?

You ENTPs and your lofty goals.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    Np, lolz

So you're, like, an absurdist or something?

Out of curiosity, though, why would you even obligate yourself to paint or code or write? I guess it's not really obligating, but even considering it and setting up expectations for it?

You ENTPs and your lofty goals.

a man's gotta have a trade, right? i cannot forage for food, i cannot construct a building, i cannot log, i cannot farm...

i've once described myself as an egotistical nihilistic buddhist agnostic. though i dislike labels, can't you tell?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    a man's gotta have a trade, right?

i've once described myself as an egotistical nihilistic buddhist agnostic. though i dislike labels, can't you tell?
    A jack of all trades? Maybe you should become a gondola man in Venice and pursue your interests in your own time. :o

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    A jack of all trades? Maybe you should become a gondola man in Venice and pursue your interests in your own time. :o

sounds lovely!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Is it something that can be conquered?
    Of course not. You're doomed.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

I have this gnawing inside, a deep seated fear...
    Only one?! Are you sure you are an ENTP?

Seriously now, to give you a glimpse of what the integration and acceptance of your Puer(a) might do for you, check out this (one of many) successful ENTP. Check out what drives him.

It's just an idea. Take it with a grain of salt (as if you could otherwise).
    Good luck.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

You have no potential, because that implies you're supposed to be something. You're not.