User Tag List

First 234

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
    The statement "nonconforming yet utilitarian" is a laughable argument. You might as well say Jobs is an ENTJ
    No, because he disliked too much rigid stuctures to be an ENTJ.

Besides, Jobs was famous for enjoying debates, so much so that it scared those around him. A deep need for collaboration by talking things through. Apple is famous for holding many meetings and everyone coming together.
    Steve J did not use Ne.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned

Success: to what end? Ans: Death, inevitably.

As long as I have a nice big home, with lots of land around it, and a nice big family...I'm good to go.
    In the meantime, it's more or less just putting myself in that position.
    When I'm not doing that, I'm bored, or sleeping.

That's my definition of success...though I'm not entp. Maybe my standards are low...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I always thought Steve Jobs was an ENTP
    He was. In fact, I relate to a tremendous amount in his autobiography (both the good and the bad).

I think there are two differences in him and many ENTPs:

1.He had a more singular vision than the typical scattered ENTP

2. He seemingly was more willing to be a control freak (even over other people. Many N's like to take control over their ideas, but he saw people as tools, in many cases I imagine, that could also be controlled in the face of his ideas).

It seems like many ENTPs have one or the other of these traits, but both can be very powerful.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    He was. In fact, I relate to a tremendous amount in his autobiography (both the good and the bad).

I think there are two differences in him and many ENTPs:

1.He had a more singular vision than the typical scattered ENTP

2. He seemingly was more willing to be a control freak (even over other people. Many N's like to take control over their ideas, but he saw people as tools, in many cases I imagine, that could also be controlled in the face of his ideas).

It seems like many ENTPs have one or the other of these traits, but both can be very powerful.
    Steve always talks about the era in which he grew up in.

A particularly interesting thing is his need to make everything a spiritual cause. When ENTPs have an environment where they feel a great change or revolution is stirring we are at our best. This era of personal computers and the arrival of the information age was exactly that and a catalyst to focus.

I feel lost when things are dull and not intensely changing. It's said that Steve was almost useless in day to day activities at the companies he owned: Apple, NeXT and Pixar. But, when Apple was 90 days from becoming insolvent he shined. When Pixar was about to be sold to Disney he shined as well.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Pixar’s People

Apple has some pretty amazing people, but the collection of people at Pixar is the highest concentration of remarkable people I have ever witnessed. There’s a person who’s got a Ph.D. in computer-generated plants—3-D grass and trees and flowers. There’s another who is the best in the world at putting imagery on film. Also, Pixar is more multidisciplinary than Apple ever will be. But the key thing is that it is much smaller. Pixar’s got 450 people. You could never have the collection of people that Pixar has now if you went to two thousand people.

—Steve Jobs CNNMoney/Fortune, November 9, 1998

If you watch Bill Gates talk over the year you'll never hear him talk much about the culture or people of Microsoft. There isn't really a focus on the people. If you watch even from the earliest of times to the later years all of Steve's efforts were focused on people. It completely rules out ISTP. Watch him talk about children:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvMgMrNDlg

His ability to size people up quickly is definitely an ENTP type of trait.

Then look at how he talks here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYfNvmF0Bqw

He's talking about constructing life. It's the idea of it, and it isn't grounded in anything very concrete. He's definitely an ideas type of guy, and he rarely could do any of the things he wanted to be great very well: engineering, coding, etc. I doubt any ISTP would want to be CEO very much, but read his biography. He loved being CEO, he loved assembling the best people and allowing them to collaborate to create great things.