User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Break for serious question here: Do INTP become workaholics?
    There have been times in my life when I've filled my life with constant (often repetitive) activity, but it's something I'd assume enneagram types 3 and 8 are much more prone to doing.

MBTI
    Xnfp

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    If we find something we either love to do or can get lost in our own heads while doing it, then most definitely yes.

Back to OP, I can't say anything for certain but I would mention that my demeanor changes around women I am "comfortable" with but still don't want a romantic relation w/them. Also, I'll be more energetic and responsive, even more outgoing by those I appreciate, which has been mistaken as me having a romantic interest when that wasn't the case. Also, the open mouth staring thing...that can happen in front of beer cooler at 7-11. Not to say that he may very well want to do you but most INTP males are horrible at flirting and wouldn't want to communicate w/women that way. If he gets all emo w/u and offers to show you his miniture civil war collection after a wine tasting expo, you know, something totally planned out, then I'd send up the red flag.
    Well I think it was more of a concerted effort than the mind-wandering in front of the beer cooler lots of blushing, sweating and stuttering on his part at times

MBTI
    Xnfp

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    As a single INTP, I can tell you that I've flirted before with no real intentions of anything more than that happening.
    Yes, I think most people do this. I think it is when you allow, (or naively allow), yourself to move to the next stage that you are now more invested emotionally. It is at this stage that you think - whoa, what just happened here... Maybe it caught him off guard.
    Last edited by treeleaning; 05-20-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: ..

I think maybe there is some extraverted intuition (Ne) being displayed by the INTP in question. No decisions have been made. He's just trying to determine the options.

Or, maybe what you perceive as flirting could be an awkward attempt at friendship. Not having made any female friends before, he's not very skilled at keeping these efforts from appearing romantic and physical in nature. It's your call since you can read his nonverbal communication in person, but I've been there before.

Quote Originally Posted by treeleaning View Post
    Ok - maybe not workaholic , but avoidance... being at the office on the weekend e.g. Maybe not working but not at home.
    And are you at the office on the weekend too by any chance?

Edit: I'm a 37 married male INTP by the way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Or, maybe what you perceive as flirting could be an awkward attempt at friendship. Not having made any female friends before, he's not very skilled at keeping these efforts from appearing romantic and physical in nature. It's your call since you can read his nonverbal communication in person, but I've been there before.
    Good point.

( That may or may not have happened to me in the past as well.)
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

MBTI
    INTP

Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding-Ding! He may very well want to be a "tree" hugger but if you go by standard flirting signs or elements of nervousness as prime indicators of attraction I can GUAR-RAN-TEE a JPL Mars probe failure rate in judging INTP males. Again, he may want to start something but that would be mutually exclusive from him showing coy signs of flirtation.

MBTI
    Xnfp

Well.... I don't think he was looking to be just friends I sensed him staring and observing me from a distance awhile before he actually starting making discreet direct eye contact with me. I guess I should elaborate here - the *flirting* wasn't contrived/fakey light-hearted sentiments tossed back and forth - they were more like gazing into each others eyes, - that certain je ne sais quoi about it. B/c - the often referenced notions that NT may sometimes be a little awkward at flirting I think are true, however I think I made it a little easier for him as I expressed my interest back... before I discovered he was attached

And are you at the office on the weekend too by any chance?
    um...no, this is just what I have heard.

MBTI
    eNTj
    Enneagram
    8w7

Wow. This all sounds too familiar... except the situation I'm familiar with is an ENTP. Ugh. Nearly identical! Feel free to PM.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

PM *done* !

In my opinion, if this guy is married, he is out of the game. While there are men who are said to be able to serve several woman, I dont think that one heart can serve several masters, too.

I think, if you see him again or if you are still in contact, you should remind him of his obligation to his wife or at least to think about, if that obligation has worn off.

In the heat of the Moment, with all kinds of spontaneous intuitions and feelings kicking in, a man can transfer a lot of his blood from the brain into different areas. But after that had happend that man should really start to think about what being in love really means, how big the castle is, he has build with his own wife. Such things are forgotten easily, when taken to naturally.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by treeleaning View Post
    but learning he was married I didn't go there.
    Go on, enjoy yourself. Life is but a once-around.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.