• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP - married, infidelity, cheating, emo. affair

heart

heart on fire
But something emotional could be an accident that just happened without intent where anything physical would require a choice.

This is true. Cultivating feelings intentionally whether lust or love would be intentional though. Saying "I love you" to someone else in a romantic way would be intentional. Neither would be a very happy situation.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is true. Cultivating feelings intentionally whether lust or love would be intentional though. Saying "I love you" to someone else in a romantic way would be intentional. Neither would be a very happy situation.

Can you do that? Cultivate feelings intentionally? You are way more in control of your Fi than I am then (doesn't take much).

You don't have to say "I love you" to feel it. The feeling is the betrayal.

heart

heart on fire
Can you do that? Cultivate feelings intentionally? You are way more in control of your Fi than I am then (doesn't take much).

You don't have to say "I love you" to feel it. The feeling is the betrayal.

Everyone makes decisions about what thoughts they allow to occupy their minds, if one is intentionally allowing thoughts of this crush to predominate in the mind, spinning fantasy, anticipating future meetings, then yes the person is intentionally cultivating deeper feelings. No one can control the fleeting emotions and feelings that come into the mind but can control how seriously they take them and how often they ruminate on them. Well, at least this is how I see it.

It is also how seriously the feeling is taken and how it is acted on.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone makes decisions about what thoughts they allow to occupy their minds...
It is also how seriously the feeling is taken and how it is acted on.

That's interesting, I've never been able to censor my thoughts like that. I only take responsibility for my behaviour.

heart

heart on fire
That's interesting, I've never been able to censor my thoughts like that. I only take responsibility for my behaviour.

Spending time daydreaming about a potiential lover is a behavior though, a chosen behavior. It is different than a fleeting feeling or a flash of imagination.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Spending time daydreaming about a potiential lover is a behavior though, a chosen behavior. It is different than a fleeting feeling or a flash of imagination.

True. But those thoughts are insistent little buggers. I'm quite defenseless against them.