MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    'Ats what I said!
    Well, you didn't say it very well :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    But something emotional could be an accident that just happened without intent where anything physical would require a choice.
    This is true. Cultivating feelings intentionally whether lust or love would be intentional though. Saying "I love you" to someone else in a romantic way would be intentional. Neither would be a very happy situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This is true. Cultivating feelings intentionally whether lust or love would be intentional though. Saying "I love you" to someone else in a romantic way would be intentional. Neither would be a very happy situation.
    Can you do that? Cultivate feelings intentionally? You are way more in control of your Fi than I am then (doesn't take much).

You don't have to say "I love you" to feel it. The feeling is the betrayal.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Can you do that? Cultivate feelings intentionally? You are way more in control of your Fi than I am then (doesn't take much).

You don't have to say "I love you" to feel it. The feeling is the betrayal.
    Everyone makes decisions about what thoughts they allow to occupy their minds, if one is intentionally allowing thoughts of this crush to predominate in the mind, spinning fantasy, anticipating future meetings, then yes the person is intentionally cultivating deeper feelings. No one can control the fleeting emotions and feelings that come into the mind but can control how seriously they take them and how often they ruminate on them. Well, at least this is how I see it.

It is also how seriously the feeling is taken and how it is acted on.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Everyone makes decisions about what thoughts they allow to occupy their minds...
    It is also how seriously the feeling is taken and how it is acted on.
    That's interesting, I've never been able to censor my thoughts like that. I only take responsibility for my behaviour.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    That's interesting, I've never been able to censor my thoughts like that. I only take responsibility for my behaviour.
    Spending time daydreaming about a potiential lover is a behavior though, a chosen behavior. It is different than a fleeting feeling or a flash of imagination.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Spending time daydreaming about a potiential lover is a behavior though, a chosen behavior. It is different than a fleeting feeling or a flash of imagination.
    True. But those thoughts are insistent little buggers. I'm quite defenseless against them.