User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 107

  1. #91
    Senior Member nottaprettygal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    1,641

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Wow. See, I would rank anything physical as worse than emotional.
    I think that men tend to have this view. Women tend to see the emotional aspects as a lot more important than the physical.

  2. #92
    Fe, rusted. Poser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I think I agree, if I understand everyone. Physical action would usually be the result of conscious intent, while getting led around by ones heart wouldn't be.
    That is the way I would see it.

    Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    I think that men tend to have this view. Women tend to see the emotional aspects as a lot more important than the physical.
    But something emotional could be an accident that just happened without intent where anything physical would require a choice.


  3. #93
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BryNTP View Post
    Wow. See, I would rank anything physical as worse than emotional. I don't know. It seems that in order to make it physical, a line has to be crossed. After someone made that kind of decision, I would have a hard time ever trusting them again. But an emotional affair doesn't have as clear cut of a line.

    Emotional
    One night stand
    Purely physical
    Physical + Emotional
    Yes, most men think similar. For us, physical betrayal ("she's mine!") is worse than emotional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    I think I agree, if I understand everyone. Physical action would usually be the result of conscious intent, while getting led around by ones heart wouldn't be.
    Yes, but at some point you'd have to realize what's going on.

  4. #94
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yes, most men think similar. For us, physical betrayal ("she's mine!") is worse than emotional.
    The gender bias is just evolution talking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  5. #95
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    The gender bias is just evolution talking.
    Right, we have to make sure our offspring carry our DNA. The woman needs to make sure her offspring aren't usurped by some hussy.

  6. #96
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Right, we have to make sure our offspring carry our DNA. The woman needs to make sure her offspring aren't usurped by some hussy.
    Half-right.
    The female needs to make sure her offspring are defended/provided for. A physical infidelity presents less of a risk to this than an emotional one.

    A woman needs no such assurance. But her genes haven't caught up with reality yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

  7. #97
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Half-right.
    The female needs to make sure her offspring are defended/provided for. A physical infidelity presents less of a risk to this than an emotional one.

    A woman needs no such assurance. But her genes haven't caught up with reality yet.
    so I'm guessing you're more in the nature than nurture camp of things then

    Women cheat just the same as men do, both physically and emotionally. Surveys say that they'd rather someone physically than emotionally cheat, but that's how most of us are raised isn't it?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  8. #98
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Half-right.
    The female needs to make sure her offspring are defended/provided for. A physical infidelity presents less of a risk to this than an emotional one.
    'Ats what I said!

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    type
    Posts
    9,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Half-right.
    The female needs to make sure her offspring are defended/provided for. A physical infidelity presents less of a risk to this than an emotional one.

    A woman needs no such assurance. But her genes haven't caught up with reality yet.
    Thanks for putting that in crystal clear perspective. I understand it now.

  10. #100
    meh Salomé's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    10,540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    so I'm guessing you're more in the nature than nurture camp of things then

    Women cheat just the same as men do, both physically and emotionally. Surveys say that they'd rather someone physically than emotionally cheat, but that's how most of us are raised isn't it?
    Most nurture has its roots in nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Need help understanding my INTP, from an ENFP [affair?]
    By ladysummerquantum in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2016, 11:10 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP emotional maturity and cheating
    By hilo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO