Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes!

I am happy that I was born in a rich part of the planet. I am happy that I don't have to worry about not getting my basic needs. I won't starve or die of thirst and I have a roof over my head. I am happy that I am healthy and have good insurance so I'll be able to get all the care I need if that changes. I am happy that I make enough money to indulge in my hobbies and interests and I am happy that, although I have to be very flexible, my job can be a lot of fun. And even when I pull 15 hour days, there's plenty of moments in between to prevent me from becoming over-worked.

I am very happy!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Overall on a scale of 1 to 10 about a 7. It varies from day to day and even hour to hour but overall I'm more happy than I'm not. There are still things I'd like to change if I could but those things matter little in the large scheme of things. For example sometimes I wish I had a higher paying job but I make plenty enough so that I'll always get my basic needs met. Sometimes I wish I was a different personality type until I realize that might mean I'd no longer possess the qualities I admire about my own type. Sometimes I wish I was thinner but overall I'm healthy the way I am and that's what really matters. Sometimes I wish I had more closer, meaningful relationships outside my immediate family and I cherish having lots of independence and alone time to do as I please and not have any serious relationship strife in my life. And that is good.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yes!

I am happy that I was born in a rich part of the planet. I am happy that I don't have to worry about not getting my basic needs. I won't starve or die of thirst and I have a roof over my head. I am happy that I am healthy and have good insurance so I'll be able to get all the care I need if that changes. I am happy that I make enough money to indulge in my hobbies and interests and I am happy that, although I have to be very flexible, my job can be a lot of fun. And even when I pull 15 hour days, there's plenty of moments in between to prevent me from becoming over-worked.

I am very happy!
    Quite nice Fluffy!

I must point out that you are indeed lucky to have been born in to a well to do part of the world.

Also, everything you said is what I look for for a happy life and nothing much more. Only difference is that I would enjoy having a healthier (more consistent) sex life. But you are an INTP. So I guess you don't have those needs?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Only difference is that I would enjoy having a healthier (more consistent) sex life. But you are an INTP. So I guess you don't have those needs?
    It's not that I have anything against sex, but it's not what would make me happy. There'd need to be a few more factors present for it to make me happy. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I am very happy. I too am grateful for all the things Fluffy listed, and I do think about how fortunate I am. I am always happy just to be alive. Being a living being is a beautiful and sacred thing. I am happiest when I am in nature looking at the sun shining through the leaves, listening to music, or experiencing something physically pleasant, like eating delicious food or dancing, or being close to someone. Perhaps unlike many INT's my positive emotions are connected to physical experiences (so sex is important to me). It makes me feel real. Seems like all my negative emotions are connected to not feeling real. My spiritual practice involves not putting conditions on happiness or being attached to outcomes. Being alive and in harmony with reality is enough.

WhoCares

I am not unhappy but I can't say I've moved into that positive state of euphoria known as happiness. There are certain peak moments in which I feel that way but overall there is a pervading sense of frustration that I feel about life most of the time. I am anxious to acheive many things and often feel frustrated that I havent gotten as far with those projects as I would like.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'm very happy. I have a family that I love, a great home in a beautiful place, a fulfilling career with the flexibility to fit nicely with my life. I truly don't have many complaints and I get plenty of sex.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

No, but I'm not unhappy either. I think that when I'm happy I get less driven, as I get satisfied too easily; and too optimistic, which ends up clouding my judgements. In the end, I function better when I'm in that neutral zone between sad and happy.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by WhoCares View Post
    I am not unhappy but I can't say I've moved into that positive state of euphoria known as happiness. There are certain peak moments in which I feel that way but overall there is a pervading sense of frustration that I feel about life most of the time. I am anxious to acheive many things and often feel frustrated that I havent gotten as far with those projects as I would like.
    I hear you on the frustration with achievement.