User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Default ENTJs: When you really like someone, how do you express it?

I am very much looking sideways at an ENTJ guy that has expressed much interest in me. Maybe because at the same time, he seems to be irritated by my moodiness and other qualities deemed imperfect by him, lol. He's a nice enough guy but questions my motives though he approached me.

Tell me your actions when you really like someone. Please and thanks.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Quay View Post
    I am very much looking sideways at an ENTJ guy that has expressed much interest in me. Maybe because at the same time, he seems to be irritated by my moodiness and other qualities deemed imperfect by him, lol. He's a nice enough guy but questions my motives though he approached me.

Tell me your actions when you really like someone. Please and thanks.
    The last time I really liked someone, I couldn't keep from throwing myself at her and I scared her off.

That was several years ago. Haven't met anyone that's blown my skirt up since.

I do slow play it much more than I used to now a days.

I do nothing, observing them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The last time I really liked someone, I couldn't keep from throwing myself at her and I scared her off.

That was several years ago. Haven't met anyone that's blown my skirt up since.

I do slow play it much more than I used to now a days.
    I noticed this part. Quite persistent.

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    I do nothing, observing them.
    How long to approach???

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

i think they show you their gun collection....no wait, that might be the intj`s. im going to go with, they share what they are passionate about with you.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

@Op I aint no ENTJ, and I ve never dated one (but I have some ENTJ friends and do date the introverted brother), but from my interactions with ENTJs, even in just friendship, what you see is what you get. They are very open and down to earth about what they like and do not like. What I found hard to wrap my brain around as an NF was that although they had no qualms telling you they didn't like trait X about you, it didn't mean they judged your entire person for it. They make a cost benefit analysis in the end, and if your positive traits outweigh those few nuisances, they will deal with it the way they deal with obstacles standing in the way of their mission: by either ignoring them, resolving them or trying to annihilate them (most realize this is not a good tactic when used on people ). Usually though, they seem to just find a practical solution to the problem and be done with it.

Last night, my INTJ was a bit...more rough around the edges than usual, and he said throughout the course of the evening at least 7 things that made me cringe and feel insecure about myself, as his partner. Then we got home and he seemed to forget all about those things that apparently irk him about me if you catch my drift. I have to remind myself that to him, those traits are an acceptable cost to the benefits he gets from me, and he mentions them occasionally as a matter of fact, not because he wants to torment me, or judge me, but simply because they are there and occasionally impact him in some way that he doesn't necessarily like. Its like..a random sort of musing on them, that he does. And Ive seen ENTJs be even more prone to doing this

They are ok with and too realistic to expect their partner to be perfect. They will encourage you to improve, of course, and preferably to their vision..but they will also love and accept you just as you are, in this moment.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The last time I really liked someone, I couldn't keep from throwing myself at her
    This. There's a force driving me towards the other person, mostly lust and the joy of the hunt, but there might be another force (deep interest, usually) that keeps me away from instantly engaging her and motivates me to observe. This latter one is usually not as strong as the former one, I have to find her really exquisite to simply lay back and listen. It just doesn't happen, I think my expectations are too high.

I also believe that many ENTJs behave this way, they touch first and ask later, which has its advantages and disadvantages.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    This. There's a force driving me towards the other person, mostly lust and the joy of the hunt, but there might be another force (deep interest, usually) that keeps me away from instantly engaging her and motivates me to observe. This latter one is usually not as strong as the former one, I have to find her really exquisite to simply lay back and listen. It just doesn't happen, I think my expectations are too high.

I also believe that many ENTJs behave this way, they touch first and ask later, which has its advantages and disadvantages.
    The older and more experienced I become, the easier it is to keep a cool head despite intense attraction.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

"Oi you...maggot!"

"Mm..me?"

"Who else?!"

"Oh...tha...t's nice im glad you l...lll....ike me."

"Quiet you, ive lathered up the whip....NOW! get on the rack!"
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

figsfiggyfigs

I no longer know, tbh.the degree in which I like someone does not influence my ability to interact with them. Interaction is smooth and light, no matter how much I am flipping out on the inside due to excitement.
    I try to never become attached or show attachment. Interest is alright, so long as I know that they know I have control of what is going on.
    I tend to be wary of people, curious, and always questioning their motives, but this maybe a personal thng than an entj thing.

When I genuinely like someone and am interested in them in a relationship. The first stages are always showing enough interest to keep them feeling enough security while learning things about them as much as possible. Testing boundaries is usually the biggest thing for me. Testing how they react to things, what their instincts are, etc. I know people generally find testing to be game play, but I find it useful for gauging individuals, their reactions, and decision making. This may involve odd or even mean behaviour, or doing uncommon things( not referring to sexual deeds)

Expression of interest in it's most basic level is banter; and an increase in interactions, even for things that may not be very relevant.
    Serious expression of feelings is not something to be expected unless one is deeply in a serious relationship.
    "I like you" is only said when entj is in control of themselves and know that detachment is a easy possibility to deal with.

We're usually questioning you as much as you're questioning us, if not more!

Then again this could just be me!