User Tag List

123 Last

WALMART

Default ENTP's and Ethics

I've read in a few places, and maybe they've been wrong, that ENTP's are of low moral character.

I feel I have a rather strong code of ethics.

Can anyone elaborate?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

The Joker is an unethical ENTP.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

It depends on the cost of an action. What's the worst that can happen? That's a question that's wise to ask if there's a concern. And being careful in choosing and also sticking to the choice made if ethics is concerned.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Most of the ENTP's I've met while not always classically ethical, have an internal logic to their actions. At least that's what it seems like to me.
    I do have an ENTP in my current circle who strikes me as amoral. Mostly I adore ENTP's from a far, I don't adore this one so much. It's not so much she's a bad person, as she has little awareness (or really cares) how much trouble she causes around her. She seems proud of it when she becomes aware of it! Most ENTP's don't necessarily delight in hurt feelings ( more like they are puzzled by it. It's not vindictictive. It's just a little too detached for that. Her emotional games are just extremely distructive.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Most of the ENTP's I've met while not always classically ethical, have an internal logic to their actions. At least that's what it seems like to me.
    I do have an ENTP in my current circle who strikes me as amoral. Mostly I adore ENTP's from a far, I don't adore this one so much. It's not so much she's a bad person, as she has little awareness (or really cares) how much trouble she causes around her. She seems proud of it when she becomes aware of it! Most ENTP's don't necessarily delight in hurt feelings ( more like they are puzzled by it. It's not vindictictive. It's just a little too detached for that. Her emotional games are just extremely distructive.

Hm, internal logic. That makes sense. So sometimes maybe it doesn't jive with external forces?

I feel an unhealthy entp would be a headache =(

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Yes. The 'internal logic' as you say..it's highly-structured even though they seem cool or goofy. Seriously.

I think some, but certainly not all, but mainly an ENTPs work-related beliefs are usually based some on logic and some on logic from things which can be counter-intuitive. They will sort through all the possibilities and sometimes pick the counter-intuitive things they see. And those answers aren't always obvious ones.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Hm, internal logic. That makes sense. So sometimes maybe it doesn't jive with external forces?

I feel an unhealthy entp would be a headache =(
    A good friend of mine, who was definitely ENTP, had a tendency to disregard the law a lot. He shop lift on regular basis, and he just didn't need to, stuff like that. One day he explained to me why. It was essentially one of the most idealistic life philisophies I've ever heard, and no one could dispute the logic. This is a fifty year old man! Not very ethical, but upon further examination, he was morally pure. I actually honestly think if more people thought like him, the world would be a happier place.
    ENTP's are always bat shit crazy in the best possible way, but an unhealthily one is destructive in a way no other type can be. They like to challenge, or stand current beliefs on their heads. An unhealthily one seems not to understand some things you can't stir up without a significant amount of damage.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

I think most ENTPs have a sense of ethics, it's just that their minds are so dynamic that over time their ethics are bound to change, ultimately resulting in far-strung double standards for different people they've ruled out in different ways.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I've read in a few places, and maybe they've been wrong, that ENTP's are of low moral character.
    That's just flat out not true. Or at least it's not any more true of ENTPs than any of the other 15 types. And it irritates me that idiotic associations like this are made.

I'm sure that there are plenty of immoral ENTPs out there but just because someone is an ENTP doesn't automatically make them immoral.

Morality is not type related.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    That's just flat out not true. Or at least it's not any more true of ENTPs than any of the other 15 types. And it irritates me that idiotic associations like this are made.

I'm sure that there are plenty of immoral ENTPs out there but just because someone is an ENTP doesn't automatically make them immoral.

Morality is not type related.

That's what I thought, but the popularity of the claim was astounding...

Then again, how much reading do I do about other types?