• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
:laugh:

I'm sure that if you're good, Santa Earth Mother will get you a Nimbus for Christmas Winter Solstice. :D

You'll be safe at a Halloween party though. :newwink:

unless someone comes dressed as Cotton Mather :ninja:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Au contraire. I do not desire power at all. I seek to be in harmony with the power of reality.
As an INTJ I do desire power: the ultimate power, over myself.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As an INTJ I do desire power: the ultimate power, over myself.

Well yes, I suppose I would have to say I desire this too. I'm a total control freak about personal things. (I just don't usually think about power that way.)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hawking poses the ultimate of ultimate questions: Why does the universe exist and why does it follow rules and laws? What’s the point of the enormous, endless cosmos, and why is it so perfectly tuned so as to allow life to exist?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hawking poses the ultimate of ultimate questions: Why does the universe exist and why does it follow rules and laws? What’s the point of the enormous, endless cosmos, and why is it so perfectly tuned so as to allow life to exist?

That is one "why" question I never care to answer, because the answer cannot be known. It implies purpose in addition to reason. Purpose would imply a subjective judgment, for which it would be necessary to have a consciousness. I don't believe things were created by a mind or being; I think they exist in cycles of creation and destruction, enacting infinite permutations of existence. The only constant is change, and change produces creation of new combinations of matter and void. I ask why in terms of explanation rather than purpose.

But if I had to venture a guess as to a purpose (as it relates to humanity and living things with consciousness with which to attach the value, value being reason in accordance with a goal), I would say that consciousness itself is the goal. Like the gene, it exists to continue itself and multiply. (Collective) consciousness is increased by awareness from many perspectives (in the form of life forms), over the course of many incarnations, in the infinite permutations of existence. Once we learn everything important, we begin to forget, and then the cycle of learning begins again.

This is the Hindu philosophical explanation at least.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Because it cant be any other way(for now)

W

WhoCares

Why do I have precognitive dreams? Sometimes years in advance of the actual events but always extremely detailed and correct in every detail. They are never metaphorical and I know these dreams apart from the other astral weirdness which is more common. They only ever pertain to my personal life though, never about world events or anything interesting to others.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do I have precognitive dreams? Sometimes years in advance of the actual events but always extremely detailed and correct in every detail. They are never metaphorical and I know these dreams apart from the other astral weirdness which is more common. They only ever pertain to my personal life though, never about world events or anything interesting to others.

That's really cool! I've had those, but they weren't that straightforward, and were about other people; and it's only been since I've been far along in my Wiccan training. As to why it happens, I'd have to think about it. Sometimes I think spirit guides show us things. Another view among the New Age and mystical crowd is that time is not linear- everything has already happened and is constantly being created at the same time; we are kind of moving around in a grid I guess. If that's incorrect I apologize, as I haven't thought much about it. Most eastern religions teach that time is an illusion. My view is a little more simple. I believe all of this to some degree, but I focus on what we can know. Time is measured by humans in relation to change, which involves events happening and actions taking place. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and everything is connected in a web of energy; so events make ripples. Thoughts and emotions are concentrated energy as well, so they make energy ripples. Many people are particularly energy sensitive, and they can read the energy web with training and practice. This is most of what we call intuition, is this sense of energy patterns. Some people's unconscious intuition picks up on trends in dreams, and I think you are one of these people. It might be interesting to read some about sensing and manipulating energy; you would probably be good at it. Or perhaps you can use it to know answers to questions; think of the thing you want insight into before you fall asleep, and open your mind to universal energy flow, and see if your dreams respond.

:)

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My INFJ girlfriend is pretty mystical. As in... haunted by demons, sees supernatural entities that others do not, dreams that are premonitions, causes lights flickering and malfunctions in electrical equipment when upset, almost out of body experience that freaked her the fuck out. She's been looking for help and support from other mystical types.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Is a real NT witch going to answer my questions, or am I going to have to demand a refund? :devil:

;)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is a real NT witch going to answer my questions, or am I going to have to demand a refund? :devil:

;)

Depends on what you think my type is. ;)

I was actually planning on giving arguments for mystical things which are independent of my personal experience, but I sort of haven't had time yet. I'll do it one of these days. I thought I had them, but I found out I had less in the form of words than I thought.

Also I was going to change the title to "Ask an NT witch anything," but I can't unfortunately.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My INFJ girlfriend is pretty mystical. As in... haunted by demons, sees supernatural entities that others do not, dreams that are premonitions, causes lights flickering and malfunctions in electrical equipment when upset, almost out of body experience that freaked her the fuck out. She's been looking for help and support from other mystical types.

Wow that's crazy. I'd suggest shielding techniques to help with the "being hunted by demons" (which if you ask me is just fear getting out of control), and grounding and centering exercises to help with the electrical malfunctioning. I had issues with electrical problems in the cars I drove until I learned to calm myself when I drive and balance the energy. Psychic shielding helps a lot, and balancing chakras helps a lot.

There are a lot of books she can read on the subjects you mention. As she's not on here for me to speak to, I can only advise her to balance her energy, read some books, and find some local pagans in her area she trusts.

Edit: [MENTION=16388]Bilateral Entry[/MENTION]: perhaps ask [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION].

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes you think that the energy you sense is actually there? Sure, you perceive it, but is there anything external which indicates that it's really there. I don't think merely pointing to the existence of biological, atomic, and quantum energy is sufficient to explain this. It seems as if the only external objective indicator is the framework you use to connect the empirically documented energy with your perception of it.

Similarly, spells seem to parallel this psychologically. From my admittedly limited understanding of them, they simply involve harmonizing one's perspective with reality and attempting to fulfill one's own desires and goals while remaining in harmony with everything else. This just seems like a rational approach based on knowledge of psychology and taking a "win-win" approach with people.
My perspective on energy and spells is probably different from Greenfairy's, but here goes. First, I consider any energy I work with to be real, simply because it gets results. No results doesn't necessarily imply no energy - perhaps I did not collect or use it correctly - but I have had enough results to know it works. I would not equate any of this with scientifically observable forms of energy. Apropos of your second paragraph, it might just be my own internal mental or even emotional energy.

My perspective on spell work is that (1) it is unethical to try to compel the actions of another through a spell, but also (2) it is most effective to use a spell to change yourself rather than the external world. You might call this harmonizing your perspective with reality. I see it more as seeing reality in a different way, such that you realize more options for dealing productively with it. My focus is less on harmony than on results, though harmony does help. It is like swimming with the current, or tacking with the wind, rather than trying to sail directly into it when circumstances appear unfavorable. Yes, this is a rational approach, and often does result in win-win situations when the conflict involves other people.

How does the element of time factor into your perspective?

Western culture seems obsessed with time, and never has enough of it. Yet, nature operates as if time were irrelevant and accomplishes much more in quantity, significance, complexity, and wonder. I've found that since connecting with nature more, time has become my ally rather than my nemesis.
Of course I operate using the Western paradigm of linear time, but on top of that overlay an appreciation of the cyclic nature of "natural time". This intersects our lives in holidays, observable seasons, even birthdays and other annual events. On top of that goes the cycle of an individual life, repeated through the generations. I suppose this influences not so much what I do every day, but how I see and think about things as I go through the day. And, of course, my spiritual activities.

Will you go to the office Halloween party with me? :D
No.

You haz no flying broom?
No, just a few paper airplanes.

Is a real NT witch going to answer my questions, or am I going to have to demand a refund?
Done. Any other pending questions?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agree for sure. Case in point. I might be INFJ, but it still doesn't 100% fit because I've only tested as an F for a short period in my life. The line of reasoning goes: I test most consistently as INTJ, but I know I'm an Fe user; so if I am XNXX that would make me either XNTP or XNFJ. I'm not ENFJ, probably an I, and people are vehemently opposed to INTP, so as I feel I fit both types pretty well, I might as well be INFJ.

Why do you think of yourself as an Fe user, and if you really are one, which seems to be the case, then does Fe have anything to do with your philosophies of peace and harmony, you know, having a holistic view of nature rather than a tenacious tendency to control it like the Te users do?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you think of yourself as an Fe user,
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-mbti-type/59191-me-taking-test-my-responses-questions-2.html
Post #13. There's more, and I was in a rather exasperated mood when I wrote it, but you get the gist.
and if you really are one, which seems to be the case, then does Fe have anything to do with your philosophies of peace and harmony, you know, having a holistic view of nature rather than a tenacious tendency to control it like the Te users do?
I'm sure it does, now that I think about it. Because it's based on my feeling of being connected with the biosphere as part of one being.

But I also recognize that controlling nature is ultimately ineffective and destructive to both ourselves and nature, and destroying ourselves is not rational. But I could be using a different definition of the word control. Perhaps you mean manipulating nature, as in tools, crafts, and technology, which is also interesting.

My focus on harmony is decidedly more important than peace. People associate the two, but they are different. For me, peace is a means to an end, and the end is harmony. Harmony is more Fe and peace is more Fi. Harmony is consistent with knowledge and rationality- it can be in the animate areas or inanimate areas (harmony in inanimate areas is knowledge). It's the yin of balance. Balance is ultimate truth; harmony has value attached to it because it is balance as it relates to humans (and some other living beings).