• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This part of the discussion reminded me of a poem by a colleague from my original study group:

The Pilgrim

In shadowed place, by shadows bound
Where Shadows move, but make no sound
A moment's wait brings clear to sight
The borderland of Day and Night.

Upon this plain of place between,
With Dawn's horizon sharp and keen,
A Shadow paused on shadowed way
To see the kingdom of the Day.

He found a world of many hues
Unlike the oceanic blues
That ruled the realm of shadows deep;
The place that is the home to sleep.

The Shadow Pilgrim felt the air,
Knew sights and sounds and textures fair.
He heard the words the waking speak;
Felt sunlight fall on Shadow cheek.

Green of forest! Tawn of grain!
The sizzling scent of Summer rain.
Beauty in her daylit guise
Brought shadow tears to shadow eyes.

But swiftly . . . far too soon, it seems . . .
Daylight gave away its dreams.
With sad precision shadows know,
He marked the fading sunset glow.

Then Shadow left the world so bright,
Returning to the arms of Night.
And never spoke a shadow word;
Nor ever shadow footstep heard.

But night would never wear as old,
And stars would never shine so cold.
For all, he knows, has much to say;
And Night's the other half of Day.

. . . In shadowed place by shadows bound,
A thoughtful shadow may be found,
Who casts what shadows as he might;
A Shadow with a soul of Light.

That's beautiful! I like it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^As an NF, Id like to add that I like the fact that you can emotionally 'connect' with every living being on the planet, which Paganism very much facilitates. On top of that, it offers a multitude of perspectives which all interlink like a web to universally understand the Universe. It is individualism celebrated unity. Perfect.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Why do you choose to refer to yourself as a "witch," and associate yourself with the religion and structure of Wicca?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^As an NF, Id like to add that I like the fact that you can emotionally 'connect' with every living being on the planet, which Paganism very much facilitates. On top of that, it offers a multitude of perspectives which all interlink like a web to universally understand the Universe. It is individualism celebrated unity. Perfect.

I like this too.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why do you choose to refer to yourself as a "witch," and associate yourself with the religion and structure of Wicca?

"Witch" is a term with complex meanings. Most neopagans use the term to describe themselves, so it is based on convention and to denote the following characteristics, as well as to be in solidarity with the people who were persecuted in the middle ages. Witch has historically been used to refer to people who could be categorized as wise people of the village, or shamans. They included healers, diviners, oracles, midwives, and the priesthood (and most of the time the same people did all of these things). The pagan priesthood and village wise woman/medicine man would often be skilled at conflict resolution and psychology. They would read signs in nature, have prophetic dreams and interpret the dreams of others, and understand plants and animals more than the average person. I want to develop these skills in myself in order to live in harmony with the world and reality.

I study Wicca because it provides me with a network of people who are more skilled in these things than I am, and who can help me develop myself to my full potential having certain mystical talents. I know I could do it on my own, and I don't have blind loyalty to any group as humans and their structures are flawed. I learn what I can from different places. As I've said, I'm mostly in it for the teaching and the communal experience of the divine. And I like the idea of being recognized as a priestess. That I would have to do through a Wiccan system.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
:hi:[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Was the character luna lovegood in the harry potter series modeled after yourself?

...:smile:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:hi:[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

Was the character luna lovegood in the harry potter series modeled after yourself?

...:smile:

In some ways. Except I believe in things which actually exist. Which I realize is arguable. So, fair point.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Thank you [MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] for your interesting responses in this thread. I've learned from them.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps YOU can emotionally connect with every living being on the planet, but I find that challenging enough just with humans, and just with those humans I know well. That might be a result of being NT, or INTJ,, or type 5, or just me, but it is a significant part of what makes me feel out of step with other pagans. I understand and accept paganism primarily on an intellectual level. It has been a constant struggle to grow beyond that.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Perhaps YOU can emotionally connect with every living being on the planet, but I find that challenging enough just with humans, and just with those humans I know well. That might be a result of being NT, or INTJ,, or type 5, or just me, but it is a significant part of what makes me feel out of step with other pagans. I understand and accept paganism primarily on an intellectual level. It has been a constant struggle to grow beyond that.

Interesting. Do you feel a physical connection with the Earth? Can you feel energy from forces and life around you flowing through your body? Have you done any chakra work?

How does paganism relate to your Fi? ;)

For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?). I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, i meant that as a compliment. Anyone who can't appreciate her... self(?) is the odd one.

Oh ok, cool. :) Yeah, I liked her character even if she was a little out there. My ex bf actually thought she was hot.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

LOL, do I sense frustration there? :laugh:

Seriously though, would you want to do that? For me, humans of course at first felt easier coz you get more ...well feed back and it is less alien in a way. But animals are just one step further, where you watch their body language and observe them, let them look at you..and you click. Plants I do through touch usually..put a hand on a tree and *feel* their essence. Even crystals. It is different from humans for sure, as they are different beings, but I can tell the difference between glass and crystal, for instance, immediately. Glass feels...dead to me, at least compared to crystal, which feels like it has a fire roaring inside. Aside from that, the ambiance a place vibes is also the combined energy of everything that is alive in there.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzfWpGahng"]Can you paint with the colors of the wind[/YOUTUBE]

....come on, [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], paint with the colors of the wind ;) :hexer:

But I know every rock and tree and creature

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name...
;)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting. Do you feel a physical connection with the Earth? Can you feel energy from forces and life around you flowing through your body? Have you done any chakra work?

How does paganism relate to your Fi? ;)

For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?). I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...

:yes:

At least, to me. It is in fact what drives me to get to know people and want to see what is under the hood. And to want to bond with them. I have 6 cats for the same reason. I want to live out in nature, for the same reason. It is thundering right now here and I *love* it. It is exhilarating , and it makes me want to go and run outside in it to 'respond' to Nature. I want to understand people, animals, Nature, the world, the universe...emotionally, I guess you could say. Feel its energy, while learning why it does what it does. So I can be more in tune with it. Knowlegde+ Emotional bond= :heart: (could I be more of a 4w5? :doh:)

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:yes:

At least, to me. It is in fact what drives me to get to know people and want to see what is under the hood. And to want to bond with them. I have 6 cats for the same reason. I want to live out in nature, for the same reason. It is thundering right now here and I *love* it. It is exhilarating , and it makes me want to go and run outside in it to 'respond' to Nature. I want to understand people, animals, Nature, the world, the universe...emotionally, I guess you could say. Feel its energy, while learning why it does what it does. So I can be more in tune with it. Knowlegde+ Emotional bond= :heart: (could I be more of a 4w5? :doh:)

Oh Me TOO, Githy. You took the words right out of my mouth! :heart:

:campfire:

:unicorn:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?).[/] I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...

I understand the why's, but what are these underlying principles you arrive at?

Seriously though, would you want to do that? For me, humans of course at first felt easier coz you get more ...well feed back and it is less alien in a way. But animals are just one step further, where you watch their body language and observe them, let them look at you..and you click. Plants I do through touch usually..put a hand on a tree and *feel* their essence. Even crystals. It is different from humans for sure, as they are different beings, but I can tell the difference between glass and crystal, for instance, immediately. Glass feels...dead to me, at least compared to crystal, which feels like it has a fire roaring inside. Aside from that, the ambiance a place vibes is also the combined energy of everything that is alive in there.

But I know every rock and tree and creature

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name...
;)
Would I want to do what??

I know everything has a spirit, too; I just don't feel it like you and Greenfairy seem to.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand the why's, but what are these underlying principles you arrive at?

Would I want to do what??

I know everything has a spirit, too; I just don't feel it like you and Greenfairy seem to.

...would you want to feel it the way we do? :D

As for underlying principles..it isn't a principle, I think, as much of a familiar type of energy. Granted, every living thing has its own unique brand of energy, but there is a common denominator in everything. That is how I feel it anyways, and I use that one to connect.