• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You mean in Norway? Sounds kind of suspicious, but I'll remember that.

The Psy scene is fairly unique in Norway im being told. Supposedly its darker.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you deal with being in the bible belt? I live in NC myself, since I was 8 years old (Am turning 22 in about 2 weeks), and before that I lived in Atlanta. Since I was about 13 I've felt a draw to the paranormal and new age, and I've had to deal with a bunch of Christians not understanding anything other than what they were raised to believe. Only in the past few years though have I actually gone down the spiritual path that I feel is the most "me" though. I'm not very satisfied still though, I always feel like there is more, are you satisfied with your spiritual life?

I also have had a pretty hard time relating to other "spiritual" or "new age" people. I feel like a lot of people are thrown into this new age label, and beyond that everyone is very different, but with an open mind. Everyone seems to do something different, and yet they try to come together. I've been surrounded with new age thought for a while, and have come to this disappointing conclusion about a lot of it. What have been your experiences with other "new age" types of people?

Do you live in Asheville? That's a cool and groovy place. I live in Knoxville. :) I've hung out in Asheville a bit. I went to herbal medicine school there.

Hmm...I like the New Age crowd; I just find their spirituality to be...incomplete somehow. I love all the yoga and healing work and positivity and non-judgment. But it seems a bit non-grounded. It kind of seems to emphasize transcendence. I know Christian mysticism does. That's what my mom is into. It's all about love, forgiveness, and you not being a body just a soul under the illusion that you are separate from God. Her path has a lot of good things to teach, and I'm glad it works for her, but it's not for me. I'm happy living on the Earth. I like my body. I'd prefer to live in harmony with reality than try to escape from incarnation. I like a spiritual path that allows me to directly connect with the Earth, animals, nature spirits, and my primal human self. I acknowledge both the "dark" and "light" sides of existence, and think they are just 2 sides of reality. You can find empowerment in both as long as you use it for balance and not destruction. New Age seems only to focus on the light. Light, love, light beings, send light, blah blah blah. I'm too fae to get into that. We can't live in a world only composed of light.

As for the Bible Belt, it's been an experience that's for sure. I was made to go to a redneck school for 2 years and everyone thought I was weird for believing in evolution. I just talked to people though, and eventually they liked me. I was made to go to a Baptist church during that time. I went through the typical phase of hating Christianity for a long time, partly because of the particular kind I was exposed to. Since I've moved to a city with educated people, it's gotten a lot better. I've not experienced animosity towards my beliefs in a really long time. Most people think it's cool. I sometimes work with a nonprofit organization to help pagans and empower abused women (headed by aforementioned psychic woman), and I've heard all kinds of awful stories about people getting harassed and getting their kids taken away for being pagan. But my experience has been primarily good. Actually I consider myself more of a hippie than a pagan in a lot of ways, because those people tend to be more stable and healthy. A lot of pagans I meet are effed up and lazy. So to be satisfied in my spiritual path I basically have to do my own thing and interact with a lot of different groups.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh yeah, and I edit my posts a lot. So might want to glance over some of them a second time if you are so inclined.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found myself a modern day viking to shack up with, hence my presence in Norway :laugh:
You may...but then this is your thread, where you volunteered to be in the hot seat (and I don't wanna derail it too much). I already have one of those and survived it in one piece somehow...:ninja:

(..Im a fellow witch ;))

Cool, can you send me a link?

I kind of think there should be one in every temperament forum from that perspective. Like, yours from the NF perspective, and mine trying to communicate these things in the NT language, etc.

I didn't know it was you I was copying haha. I'd just seen "Ask a ___ anything."

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cool, can you send me a link?

I kind of think there should be one in every temperament forum from that perspective. Like, yours from the NF perspective, and mine trying to communicate these things in the NT language, etc.

I didn't know it was you I was copying haha. I'd just seen "Ask a ___ anything."

Yes it was, you little copy cat ;)

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/philosophy-spirituality/48916-ask-pagan.html

There it is. It's been dead for a while though, so don't feel too guilty about this thread ;)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh you don't want me to? Then I won't. I'll just read it. haha Did it get nasty or something?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh you don't want me to? Then I won't. I'll just read it. haha Did it get nasty or something?

Lol..no, they were pretty nice, I'll be honest. Still..it feels sort of unnerving to discuss something so private in public? Which is why I was fascinated to see how you'd handle it *lol*

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok, a little more to answer the questions about psychic stuff.

The way I use it in my own life is primarily for self preservation. I can size people up pretty much instantly. I decide mostly unconsciously whether I want to be somewhere, around people or not, based on the vibes I get. (This is another reason I say my Ni accesses my Fi. I make decisions based on my likes and dislikes this way, and it could be construed as value judgement, but for me it just feels like intuition and it's not very conscious. I won't go on to say "that thing or person is bad," it's just not something I want to be around).

I use it in interacting with people on an intimate level, and for healing. I use it in my study of astrology. I do divination with runes, and I use it then.

I use it to get in synch with my fellow coven members; sometimes we'll be thinking of each other and it turns out we'll need to talk for some reason, or we'll bring the same dish to potluck.

I use it to be in synch with nature and the activity of the planets and stars, and the cycle of the moon.

I just think it's highly developed intuition.

As for what other people think about it: my mother believes in it. Some of my friends believe me and understand. I don't really tell anyone else.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol..no, they were pretty nice, I'll be honest. Still..it feels sort of unnerving to discuss something so private in public? Which is why I was fascinated to see how you'd handle it *lol*

Nah, I'm an open book for better or worse. I'll tell pretty much anyone pretty much anything, as long as I think they'll be positively receptive to it.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
/stalks

I wanna ask a question, but I can't think of one. This is a very interesting thread. =3

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
/stalks

I wanna ask a question, but I can't think of one. This is a very interesting thread. =3

yay

Ok, I think I've answered all of the questions so far. Yes?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
/stalks

I'll ask one for ya, how about that ;)

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] One thing I could never do is find a coven or even stick with the rituals in Wicca. It felt too...'this is how it should be'. You seem to indicate somewhat going through the motions as well, for the sake of the group...or am I misunderstanding that? I do admit it's pretty lonely to walk that path alone, but somehow I couldn't even practice together with a fellow ENFP witch. That's why I say..this is intensely private to me.

How on earth did you manage to a) find people that are likeminded enough to form a coven with and b) get accustomed to sharing a path, as a witch's path seems so darn individual (not to mention the personal experiences, perspectives and beliefs on the matter that can clash)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
What is your perspective about the relationship of psychic abilities with intuition?

Do you get a sense about a place? Is that true in both natural areas and areas with more human-created structure?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll ask one for ya, how about that ;)

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] One thing I could never do is find a coven or even stick with the rituals in Wicca. It felt too...'this is how it should be'. You seem to indicate somewhat going through the motions as well, for the sake of the group...or am I misunderstanding that? I do admit it's pretty lonely to walk that path alone, but somehow I couldn't even practice together with a fellow ENFP witch. That's why I say..this is intensely private to me.

How on earth did you manage to a) find people that are likeminded enough to form a coven with and b) get accustomed to sharing a path, as a witch's path seems so darn individual (not to mention the personal experiences, perspectives and beliefs on the matter that can clash)

Very good question.
I'll tell you, it is difficult. I'm starting to believe it was universal intervention or something that I actually found a handful of people I agree with on the important points. Yes you are correct, I use Wicca as a tool to connect with the divine, but it is just a tool. It's a way to socialize with other Wiccans, and to learn magic and shamanic things. I'm mostly in it so I can learn. My own personal life is my own thing. Wicca is still a very young religion, so understandably it's not "established" enough to provide a solid structure of stable and healthy people teaching stable and healthy people, with measures in place to prevent politics and resolve colflicts. A lot of immature and maladjusted people are attracted to it for the wrong reasons. I'm pretty disgusted with this, but that's the situation, and I can't deny my path or give up because of it.

I happened to run into the person I call my fairy godmother (aforementioned psychic woman) at a workshop she was leading. She is actually a scapegoat for a whole community who is addicted to drugs because her existence threatened to expose them (through an extremely unfortunate series of events, which I will not describe). I found all this out later. She alone was nice to me and genuine, and I felt her to be loving and spiritual and nonjudgmental. The others were superficially nice, but it felt kind of fake. I joined the group she runs. She was holding classes for people interested in Wicca to teach them the basics of the religion and ethics and character development, so I joined those. That's when I met her priestess, who is awesome. This particular group of students became our grove. We lost a lot of people who turned out to not be willing to put in the work and be responsible for themselves, or to be psychologically stable. We lost a priest for the same reason. Right now we have 6 people consisting of the 2 priestesses and 4 students, and we are about to get our first degree.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very good question.
I'll tell you, it is difficult. I'm starting to believe it was universal intervention or something that I actually found a handful of people I agree with on the important points. Yes you are correct, I use Wicca as a tool to connect with the divine, but it is just a tool. It's a way to socialize with other Wiccans, and to learn magic and shamanic things. I'm mostly in it so I can learn. My own personal life is my own thing. Wicca is still a very young religion, so understandably it's not "established" enough to provide a solid structure of stable and healthy people teaching stable and healthy people, with measures in place to prevent politics and resolve colflicts. A lot of immature and maladjusted people are attracted to it for the wrong reasons. I'm pretty disgusted with this, but that's the situation, and I can't deny my path or give up because of it.

I happened to run into the person I call my fairy godmother (aforementioned psychic woman) at a workshop she was leading. She is actually a scapegoat for a whole community who is addicted to drugs because her existence threatened to expose them (through an extremely unfortunate series of events, which I will not describe). I found all this out later. She alone was nice to me and genuine, and I felt her to be loving and spiritual and nonjudgmental. The others were superficially nice, but it felt kind of fake. I joined the group she runs. She was holding classes for people interested in Wicca to teach them the basics of the religion and ethics and character development, so I joined those. That's when I met her priestess, who is awesome. This particular group of students became our grove. We lost a lot of people who turned out to not be willing to put in the work and be responsible for themselves, or to be psychologically stable. We lost a priest for the same reason. Right now we have 6 people consisting of the 2 priestesses and 4 students, and we are about to get our first degree.

See, this is why I went the solitary route. Makes it hard to evaluate your progress though, I have to admit.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your perspective about the relationship of psychic abilities with intuition?

Do you get a sense about a place? Is that true in both natural areas and areas with more human-created structure?

I believe psychic ability is simply highly developed intuition. We sense energy. Our unconscious mind is constantly processing sensory information, and puts it all together. Some of its conclusions are things we know but can't explain, since it is processed in the unconscious. This combined with our sense for energy is our psychic sense.

I do feel the energy of places, both natural and human made. The energy of those places feels different. Humans leave imprints of their mental and emotional energy places, and that feels a lot more chaotic than natural areas. In natural areas I feel the energy of the earth, trees, plants, animals, and the weather. It's very peaceful and energizing. I feel so much more energetic in the mountains than in a city. I feel like I could run a half marathon.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, this is why I went the solitary route. Makes it hard to evaluate your progress though, I have to admit.

Yeah, understandable. If I hadn't found my group I would be solitary probably. I do kind of feel the need to be social with spirituality, though, so I'd be seeking out like minded people all the time.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are these answers sufficient for the NT's, or do more than a couple of people think I'm batshit insane? haha Because I welcome intelligent debate on the subjects, as long as it's respectful and open minded.