• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hehe. Things makes more sense now.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you deal with being in the bible belt? I live in NC myself, since I was 8 years old (Am turning 22 in about 2 weeks), and before that I lived in Atlanta. Since I was about 13 I've felt a draw to the paranormal and new age, and I've had to deal with a bunch of Christians not understanding anything other than what they were raised to believe. Only in the past few years though have I actually gone down the spiritual path that I feel is the most "me" though. I'm not very satisfied still though, I always feel like there is more, are you satisfied with your spiritual life?

I also have had a pretty hard time relating to other "spiritual" or "new age" people. I feel like a lot of people are thrown into this new age label, and beyond that everyone is very different, but with an open mind. Everyone seems to do something different, and yet they try to come together. I've been surrounded with new age thought for a while, and have come to this disappointing conclusion about a lot of it. What have been your experiences with other "new age" types of people?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I cant help it but I think you are completly nuts. Nothing personal tho.

Np, that's your business. I'll probably never meet you. I don't tell the general population all this for this very reason. But like I say, believing it is more beneficial for me than destructive, so I kind of have to. Like with the shielding thing. If i'd just told myself I was crazy and not learned to do these things, I'd still be hiding in my room maladjusted and traumatized.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What is your take on people being mediums and spirits in general?

I think spirits exist, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hate when people say they are crazy. Like its cool or something. It aint so cool when men in white clothes stuffs you brain with lithium just to calm you down and stop you from fingering yourself constantly or whatever.

Yes i know you use it for expressing the slight exentricity you possibly have. And thats ok. I just had to say it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think spirits exists, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?

I don't work with the dead, no. Unfortunately, our spiritual path does suffer from a lot of charlatans, so being skeptical is warranted, for sure.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
She addressed psychic abilities. Being a medium is considered to be part of that. I was wondering where she stood on the whole channeling gift, some people (claim to) have. Mediums typically talk to the dead, yes. Some lore talks about traveling back to the land of the dead through trance, other traditions call the spirits to them to communicate.

She did address talking to trees, which is a type of talking to spirits, as is talking to fairies and other 'other realm' creatures, so I was curious as to why talking to the dead hadn't come up yet.

Oh well, I hadn't considered those things. I guess you could call that mediumship. I wouldn't. Interacting with trees and fairies I think is just being in harmony with nature. But that's my opinion. It was very common among Celtic culture, and Native American culture considered talking to animals to be perfectly legitimate.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh well, I hadn't considered those things. I guess you could call that mediumship. I wouldn't. Interacting with trees and fairies I think is just being in harmony with nature. But that's my opinion. It was very common among Celtic culture, and Native American culture considered talking to animals to be perfectly legitimate.

I concur, I only included it coz 'technically' those are spirits too.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Irish people still believe in fairies, and it was very common up until recent history for everyone to interact with them. People in Iceland still believe in elves. I remember reading in an interview with Bjork that they had to change the location of a road they were going to build because the local people said it ran through elf territory. And the Japanese kami are spirits whom most everyone there acknowledges. It's just part of Japanese culture and the Shinto tradition.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Irish people still believe in fairies, and it was very common up until recent history for everyone to interact with them. People in Iceland still believe in elves. I remember reading in an interview with Bjork that they had to change the location of a road they were going to build because the local people said it ran through elf territory.

I heard about that too and for that reason alone, I wanna visit Iceland :heart:

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I heard about that too and for that reason alone, I wanna visit Iceland :heart:

Me too! :) And sit in the hot springs. I'd like to go to Norway and study Scandinavian shamanism. I've always been drawn to it for some reason, although I'm definitely not Asatru.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Get to know people who attend dark psy parties. And you will be introduced for (norwegian) ånder, energier, hutter og troll og annet rart...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How much reading have you done on quantum physics? I feel it eliminated my connection to psychic forces because it advocates the idea of non-localization... If you'd be interested I would write a post or something.

Not saying I don't feel many of the strange forces in the universe you feel. There isn't very much in that entire wall I would disagree with, and that's fairly rare.

I like the expression you use of your thoughts...

Thanks. I haven't read a lot about just quantum physics, but I've learned some things in relation to other things. Like picked up things while studying chemistry, things cited in my magical and spiritual studies, etc. I just googled "non-localization," and it gave me nothing, so learning more about it will have to wait. I have like a million things on my reading list, and quantum physics is among the subjects. Have you considered that you might be empathic?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ha, I'm in Norway, but for Asatruar you're better of going to Sweden, its a state religion there ;)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, I'm in Norway, but for Asatruar you're better of going to Sweden, its a state religion there ;)

That's cool! Interesting it's in Sweden. Yeah not much interest in being a Viking. I'm not a big and powerful fierce warrior, nor am I attracted to them. How about you? Can I ask about your path?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get to know people who attend dark psy parties. And you will be introduced for (norwegian) ånder, energier, hutter og troll og annet rart...

You mean in Norway? Sounds kind of suspicious, but I'll remember that.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A spirituality grounded in facts and observation would be much more stable than a science grounded on philosophy, so in essence, theories should come from facts rather than facts coming from theories. We must understand this world before we can invent new worlds of our design.

Well, I think that's what I'm doing...
Reality has both objective and subjective components, and you have to acknowledge both of them. People can't know everything, so there will necessarily be some things which are true which we can't prove. Objectivity you know by observation and subjectivity you know by interaction. I know a lot of things by interaction, and so I have to primarily use induction rather than deduction.

*for those particular things

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's cool! Interesting it's in Sweden. Yeah not much interest in being a Viking. I'm not a big and powerful fierce warrior, nor am I attracted to them. How about you? Can I ask about your path?

I found myself a modern day viking to shack up with, hence my presence in Norway :laugh:
You may...but then this is your thread, where you volunteered to be in the hot seat (and I don't wanna derail it too much). I already have one of those and survived it in one piece somehow...:ninja:

(..Im a fellow witch ;))