Me? interesting.

Give it some substance in a pm.
    Haha, no not you.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTJ

Hehe. Things makes more sense now.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How do you deal with being in the bible belt? I live in NC myself, since I was 8 years old (Am turning 22 in about 2 weeks), and before that I lived in Atlanta. Since I was about 13 I've felt a draw to the paranormal and new age, and I've had to deal with a bunch of Christians not understanding anything other than what they were raised to believe. Only in the past few years though have I actually gone down the spiritual path that I feel is the most "me" though. I'm not very satisfied still though, I always feel like there is more, are you satisfied with your spiritual life?

I also have had a pretty hard time relating to other "spiritual" or "new age" people. I feel like a lot of people are thrown into this new age label, and beyond that everyone is very different, but with an open mind. Everyone seems to do something different, and yet they try to come together. I've been surrounded with new age thought for a while, and have come to this disappointing conclusion about a lot of it. What have been your experiences with other "new age" types of people?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I cant help it but I think you are completly nuts. Nothing personal tho.
    Np, that's your business. I'll probably never meet you. I don't tell the general population all this for this very reason. But like I say, believing it is more beneficial for me than destructive, so I kind of have to. Like with the shielding thing. If i'd just told myself I was crazy and not learned to do these things, I'd still be hiding in my room maladjusted and traumatized.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    What is your take on people being mediums and spirits in general?
    I think spirits exist, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?

MBTI
    INTJ

I hate when people say they are crazy. Like its cool or something. It aint so cool when men in white clothes stuffs you brain with lithium just to calm you down and stop you from fingering yourself constantly or whatever.

Yes i know you use it for expressing the slight exentricity you possibly have. And thats ok. I just had to say it.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I think spirits exists, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?
    I don't work with the dead, no. Unfortunately, our spiritual path does suffer from a lot of charlatans, so being skeptical is warranted, for sure.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    She addressed psychic abilities. Being a medium is considered to be part of that. I was wondering where she stood on the whole channeling gift, some people (claim to) have. Mediums typically talk to the dead, yes. Some lore talks about traveling back to the land of the dead through trance, other traditions call the spirits to them to communicate.

She did address talking to trees, which is a type of talking to spirits, as is talking to fairies and other 'other realm' creatures, so I was curious as to why talking to the dead hadn't come up yet.
    Oh well, I hadn't considered those things. I guess you could call that mediumship. I wouldn't. Interacting with trees and fairies I think is just being in harmony with nature. But that's my opinion. It was very common among Celtic culture, and Native American culture considered talking to animals to be perfectly legitimate.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Oh well, I hadn't considered those things. I guess you could call that mediumship. I wouldn't. Interacting with trees and fairies I think is just being in harmony with nature. But that's my opinion. It was very common among Celtic culture, and Native American culture considered talking to animals to be perfectly legitimate.
    I concur, I only included it coz 'technically' those are spirits too.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Irish people still believe in fairies, and it was very common up until recent history for everyone to interact with them. People in Iceland still believe in elves. I remember reading in an interview with Bjork that they had to change the location of a road they were going to build because the local people said it ran through elf territory. And the Japanese kami are spirits whom most everyone there acknowledges. It's just part of Japanese culture and the Shinto tradition.