• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, understandable. If I hadn't found my group I would be solitary probably. I do kind of feel the need to be social with spirituality, though, so I'd be seeking out like minded people all the time.

I've found the people on here that have come forward in my Pagan thread, as well as you're self, way closer to my own beliefs and interpretations than any of the pagans I met irl so far, as well as on like pagan gathering places online. You get nearly killed any time you suggest that perhaps the Gods are more like a role model to you, instead of an entity you truly worship every day as it's disrespectful and straight up blasphemy. Not to mention the downright hostility between the different types of nature religion as well as within the religion between traditions. Irony, thy name is paganism, considering the fact that most Pagans loudly complain that Christians are intolerant of other religions. It kinda..put me off of pagan gatherings.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think spirits exist, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?

I've been surprised how many of the non-eastern-traditions people that I've met who are really big into channeling or mediumship. This holds both where I live now and where I've lived before. There were times when I would go "visit" certain spiritual groups and I was all like "who DOESN'T talk/channel/medium spirits here?!?!?!" Seriously it was that prevalent. Coming out of backgrounds that were like "and if spirits try to visit you while your meditating just ignore them" I found such groups very *interesting* Not my cup of tea. Though one healer in Hawaii, and a bunch of people here, have all said that I would make an excellent medium if I so wished. No thanks...

People who "talk with the dead", especially the relatively but-not-just-right-now-or-yesterday dead, I have some real issues with that. I've definitely read things in yoga philosophy books and elsewhere that are very clear that once "souls" get a certain "distance" from earth/physical life "they are in their own special place where we can't access them." Residual thoughts forms or impressions or something, I could see that, but them specifically, no.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've found the people on here that have come forward in my Pagan thread, as well as you're self, way closer to my own beliefs and interpretations than any of the pagans I met irl so far, as well as on like pagan gathering places online. You get nearly killed any time you suggest that perhaps the Gods are more like a role model to you, instead of an entity you truly worship every day as it's disrespectful and straight up blasphemy. Not to mention the downright hostility between the different types of nature religion as well as within the religion between traditions. Irony, thy name is paganism, considering the fact that most Pagans loudly complain that Christians are intolerant of other religions. It kinda..put me off of pagan gatherings.

I know, right? Immature people in a young religion. People need to start looking at things more like spirituality than religion. Like, actually connect to Spirit and not just their dogma and egos.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been surprised how many of the non-eastern-traditions people that I've met who are really big into channeling or mediumship. This holds both where I live now and where I've lived before. There were times when I would go "visit" certain spiritual groups and I was all like "who DOESN'T talk/channel/medium spirits here?!?!?!" Seriously it was that prevalent. Coming out of backgrounds that were like "and if spirits try to visit you while your meditating just ignore them" I found such groups very *interesting* Not my cup of tea. Though one healer in Hawaii, and a bunch of people here, have all said that I would make an excellent medium if I so wished. No thanks...

People who "talk with the dead", especially the relatively but-not-just-right-now-or-yesterday dead, I have some real issues with that. I've definitely read things in yoga philosophy books and elsewhere that are very clear that once "souls" get a certain "distance" from earth/physical life "they are in their own special place where we can't access them." Residual thoughts forms or impressions or something, I could see that, but them specifically, no.

Sounds like you are living in an eccentric area. I say just ignore them, and travel. It also sounds like something out of the 20's. I agree, we need to focus on this life and this reality, not on dead people and the ego boost we might get in imagining we can communicate with them.

W

WALMART

Thanks. I haven't read a lot about just quantum physics, but I've learned some things in relation to other things. Like picked up things while studying chemistry, things cited in my magical and spiritual studies, etc. I just googled "non-localization," and it gave me nothing, so learning more about it will have to wait. I have like a million things on my reading list, and quantum physics is among the subjects. Have you considered that you might be empathic?

I think I made the term up. It's a good one though, I promise.

I think I'm empathetic. I can relate to your "he's sad, I'm sad" story, I would always tell my GF my quality of life was very directly reflective of her quality of life. She didn't like that, I don't think, because she was a very sad girl.

At work I had an employee who was seriously counterproductive in her efforts. She would get me so upset, but I would let her slide until I snapped. Immediately after I broke character I would feel guilt ridden through my mind. Is that empathy? I don't know.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Eastern people generally have their heads on straight, because theirs is a practical sort of spirituality, and because their paths have pretty much continued unbroken for thousands of years. Western paganism was stamped out by the Catholic Church in the middle ages, and only fragments remain. So unconventional people have had to try to rebuild their traditions from scratch.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I do feel the energy of places, both natural and human made. The energy of those places feels different. Humans leave imprints of their mental and emotional energy places, and that feels a lot more chaotic than natural areas. In natural areas I feel the energy of the earth, trees, plants, animals, and the weather. It's very peaceful and energizing. I feel so much more energetic in the mountains than in a city. I feel like I could run a half marathon.

:hifive:

I kinda knew I sensed such things once upon a time, then others pointed out that I sense them much more than I realized. Then they pointed out how much my "system" [ie aura, chakras] was getting gunked up by it all. It's quite shocking sometimes just how strongly one can feel such things, or how differently two different places can feel.

Personally, I feel like I sense things more strongly in people, but I absorb them much more from environments or "collective fields." I sometimes talk about natural/geographic feng shui and emotional feng shui. I'm not sure that is technically accurate but ti gets the gist across.

ps. I forget cuz there were several threads at different times but I think I had a number of questions for Amar in the thread she referenced. Or maybe I'm thinking of threads I started that she jumped on...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I made the term up. It's a good one though, I promise.

I think I'm empathetic. I can relate to your "he's sad, I'm sad" story, I would always tell my GF my quality of life was very directly reflective of her quality of life. She didn't like that, I don't think, because she was a very sad girl.

At work I had an employee who was seriously counterproductive in her efforts. She would get me so upset, but I would let her slide until I snapped. Immediately after I broke character I would feel guilt ridden through my mind. Is that empathy? I don't know.

It might be. If you say you relate to a lot of the things I said, you probably are. Everyone has intuition about people. It's how we read nonverbal cues. We feel each other's energy all the time; most people have just been taught by society to ignore it, so we stunt our intuitive development and never have the chance to become psychic or deal with it appropriately when we naturally are. You might want to try shielding and see if it helps. Imagine a bubble around you, which only allows positive energy though, and intuitive information which you are ready to handle. (You have to add these little phrases, "within reason," "as I am ready to handle it," etc.; otherwise the universe will send strange and unexpected things your way).

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sounds like you are living in an eccentric area. I say just ignore them, and travel. It also sounds like something out of the 20's. I agree, we need to focus on this life and this reality, not on dead people and the ego boost we might get in imagining we can communicate with them.

I don't know how prevalent such things truly are, but the local people here are part of a particular school or group of schools in this area that are part of some network based in California, and that network apparently is just really big on channeling/mediumship. The people I knew elsewhere, there school was really big into mediumship too.

Come to think of it, while I've never been a student in one, every "psychic development" school I've encountered has been big into mediumship.

W

WALMART

It might be. If you say you relate to a lot of the things I said, you probably are. Everyone has intuition about people. It's how we read nonverbal cues. We feel each other's energy all the time; most people have just been taught by society to ignore it, so we stunt our intuitive development and never have the chance to become psychic or deal with it appropriately when we naturally are. You might want to try shielding and see if it helps. Imagine a bubble around you, which only allows positive energy though, and intuitive information which you are ready to handle. (You have to add these little phrases, "within reason," "as I am ready to handle it," etc.; otherwise the universe will send strange and unexpected things your way).

So how do you feel about The Secret?

G

Ginkgo

Why does the epistemology of your belief system seem to be almost completely based on subjective truths? I recognize that the subjective world is just as real as any other, even if it doesn't correspond with the objective world. But isn't it the nature of belief to have faith in something external, even if it's not tangibly verifiable? Anything else is more or less just knowledge.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] seems to have a lot of traits of the idiosyncratic personality style or in other words symptoms of schizotypal personality disorder (I like to say style) because of the odd magical thinking + beliefs.

Here is a link to that personality style page:
http://www.ptypes.com/idiosyncratic.html

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you find you use a lot of props? I find that as time goes on..the more I look at props, the more they get in the way and distract m. I still use candles, sometimes incense and crystals at times but...most of the energy work I actually do doesn't have the spell-format you'd expect it to have. It's more..gut instinct to the situation, using intuition, empathy and other skill sets. :thinking:

I don't even officially observe the sabbats anymore. I do make it a point to reconnect with the season when it shifts but..that's done by walking through the garden while mulling thinsg over in my head, noticing the changes and well...syncing up with Nature again, as such.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
I believe psychic ability is simply highly developed intuition. We sense energy. Our unconscious mind is constantly processing sensory information, and puts it all together. Some of its conclusions are things we know but can't explain, since it is processed in the unconscious. This combined with our sense for energy is our psychic sense.
This could explain some things, but what about things supposedly perceived which are so far removed that the integration of sensory information could not explain them?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION] seems to have a lot of traits of the idiosyncratic personality style or in other words symptoms of schizotypal personality disorder (I like to say style) because of the odd magical thinking + beliefs.

Here is a link to that personality style page:
http://www.ptypes.com/idiosyncratic.html

Odd magical thinking style could also describe all the Native American tribes and much of present day Japan. I put very little stock in these "disorders." Or in ADHD. I say I have it, but it's more of a description of a natural and healthy thinking style which is just not suited for industrialized, regimented society.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Odd magical thinking style could also describe all the Native American tribes and much of present day Japan. I put very little stock in these "disorders." Or in ADHD. I say I have it, but it's more of a description of a natural and healthy thinking style which is just not suited for industrialized, regimented society.

I never said it was unhealthy thinking, and notice how I said I prefer to call it a style rather than a disorder. In fact, I think it is very healthy thinking, as in it will liberate you from the matrix of illusion all the normal people are trapped in today, though in reality you are the sane one and everyone else is insane, to expand upon an idea of Einstein's when he wondered if he or society was the crazy one. Society is.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why does the epistemology of your belief system seem to be almost completely based on subjective truths? I recognize that the subjective world is just as real as any other, even if it doesn't correspond with the objective world. But isn't it the nature of belief to have faith in something external, even if it's not tangibly verifiable? Anything else is more or less just knowledge.

Good question, which deserves a thorough answer. I'll think about it.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
This is something Amargith and I had talked about previously and had different, well not so much takes as different levels of interest in: do you use or incorporate chakras? Also, do you particularly different between the different aura layers, or what in yoga parlance we would call koshas and elsewhere are called subtle bodies or energy bodies?

The first time I ever met a pagan that I know of, it was in a world religions class in college [at a Catholic University.] We had a guest speaker, the pagan lady, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I apologize for being late. I forgot to ask my [whatever kind of] spirit guide to save a parking space for me so there were no nearby parking spaces so I had to walk further to get here." While I had heard or read about many "interesting" things in my life before then, I found that one really weird and was like "Okay, what weird fruit loop planet do you supposedly live on?" Interestingly enough, as a military brat no one ever told me that "they park their planes where the spirits tell them they should" and I didnt see parking cars as that different from flying or parking a plane. People will do what they will, and I have encountered many examples of [runner?] spirit guides that do things like saving parking spaces, but I want to point out that one of my Taoism books [written by a Taoist lineage holder btw] has a section on "abuses of spiritual power", and lo and behold one of the items amongst the ten or so listed is "using spirit guides to affect the physical world, such as saving parking spaces for you." I guess there are always differences of opinion...

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never said it was unhealthy thinking, and notice how I said I prefer to call it a style rather than a disorder. In fact, I think it is very healthy thinking, as in it will liberate you from the matrix of illusion all the normal people are trapped in today, though in reality you are the sane one and everyone else is insane, to expand upon an idea of Einstein's when he wondered if he or society was the crazy one. Society is.

Oh ok cool. I'm still a little sensitive I guess, and it's hard to know what people mean over the internet. I do think I'm one of the sane ones in an insane society, which is why I kind of expect people to think I'm crazy sometimes. How sane could a society be who who spends hours a day watching TV and eating factory farmed, irradiated food, microwaving their food in plastic, putting carcinogen infused chemical products on their bodies, and then complaining about being fat and getting cancer?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh ok cool. I'm still a little sensitive I guess, and it's hard to know what people mean over the internet. I do think I'm one of the sane ones in an insane society, which is why I kind of expect people to think I'm crazy sometimes. How sane could a society be who who spends hours a day watching TV and eating factory farmed, irradiated food, microwaving their food in plastic, putting carcinogen infused chemical products on their bodies, and then complaining about being fat and getting cancer?

This is because an evil organization called the Illuminati controls everything in our world. Of course, it is just a conspiracy theory, not a fact, but I think it is a good explanation for the prison trapping all of us.