User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Yeah do you know any good Dungeon Masters? Mine is an asshole.
    Unfortunately (for you) I know nothing of these things.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    There was a venerable old oak tree where I used to live, who seemed quite the arboreal conversationalist, at least until he was threatened with destruction to make way for a drive-through pharmacy. His name was Nicodemus.
    That's awesome! I hope he's ok...

As Greenfairy described, many of us see the many deities of the various pantheons as simply different facets or aspects of a single divine entity. This balances male and female, and other polar opposites in a way that leads to creativity/creation. But not all pagans share this view. Paganism is a religion of common practice more than common faith, meaning that in our groups we share common ritual which makes a communal spiritual experience possible, but each might interpret it differently, in accordance with his/her individual beliefs.
    This is quite true. The book I recently read and am now in the process of taking notes on, Pagans and Christians by Gus DiZerega goes into all this. It's an awesome book, which I think anyone with interest in paganism should read.

In my tradition, we use the word "witch" to refer to the spiritual side of things (for both men and women), and the word "wizard" to refer to the more skills-based side, e.g. manipulating energy, understanding herbs, plants, crystals, etc. One must develop both sides to be balanced and effective. A witch is someone who has learned enough to attend to his/her own spiritual needs, to be an effective priest to him/herself, but this definition is rather specific to the tradition in which I was initiated.
    Interesting use of the terms. I hadn't heard of it, but it makes sense.

Gives Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry new shades of meaning.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

What was your conclusion that you are INTP?
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by minutegovt View Post
    What was your conclusion that you are INTP?
    My conclusion about my type? Yeah, I had decided it when I created the thread, and I found no overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I did a lot of thinking and found out new things about myself, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    My conclusion about my type? Yeah, I had decided it when I created the thread, and I found no overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I did a lot of thinking and found out new things about myself, though.
    I rarely second-guess people's self-typing, and see no reason to do so here. You are decidedly different from all the INTPs I have known, though, and I know quite a few.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    So what got you interested in witchcraft and such?
    I grew up listening to Celtic music and being read folk tales, and from as early as I can remember I've felt like I belonged in some sort of pagan European/Celtic tribe or village, and that I have a husband there. I never wanted to be a princess, just a happy village person. I was pagan and didn't know it. As I grew older I found additional places and times where I felt like I "belonged." I also didn't know that modern versions of paganism such as Wicca existed until I was 23 or so, because I live in the Bible Belt. All the important beliefs, principles, and values I have now which I outlined in my document are ones I have always believed, just not known how to explain. I was never not pagan. And witchcraft just came with the discovery.

Past life memories and feelings are one of the things I have always "just known." They feel as real to me as anything else I've experienced. It's like I've done these things, it's just been so long that the memory is fuzzy. I have a Celtic husband, I am a ballerina, I use a bow and arrow, and I write kanji with a brush in Japan; I just went to sleep and woke up somewhere else. This is most of where my Si goes. I have a lot of things which are like muscle memories, and I've just forgotten the details of how to do them. When I try to do these things in real life, they come really easily to me and people are surprised.

I understand if you call me crazy for saying this, and I would applaud your skepticism. But it's my reality since I live in my own head, so I have no choice but to accept it. And trusting my subjective/intuitive feelings has always been beneficial to me rather than destructive, so it can't be that crazy.

Ginkgo

Unfortunately (for you) I know nothing of these things.
    I thought this was the NT section...

OH! So you're the DM...

*ahem*

"After a troublesome day of hacking vulgar dæmons, I am quite weary. Where is the nearest brothel?"

Spot check.

(My Wis is only +3 so you know I'll not be cheating)

*rolls die*

Sniffles

I grew up listening to Celtic music and being read folk tales, and from as early as I can remember I've felt like I belonged in some sort of pagan European/Celtic tribe or village, and that I have a husband there. I never wanted to be a princess, just a happy village person. I was pagan and didn't know it. As I grew older I found additional places and times where I felt like I "belonged." I also didn't know that modern versions of paganism such as Wicca existed until I was 23 or so, because I live in the Bible Belt. All the important beliefs, principles, and values I have now which I outlined in my document are ones I have always believed, just not known how to explain. I was never not pagan. And witchcraft just came with the discovery.

Past life memories and feelings are one of the things I have always "just known." They feel as real to me as anything else I've experienced. It's like I've done these things, it's just been so long that the memory is fuzzy. I have a Celtic husband, I am a ballerina, I use a bow and arrow, and I write kanji with a brush in Japan; I just went to sleep and woke up somewhere else. This is most of where my Si goes. I have a lot of things which are like muscle memories, and I've just forgotten the details of how to do them. When I try to do these things in real life, they come really easily to me and people are surprised.

I understand if you call me crazy for saying this, and I would applaud your skepticism. But it's my reality since I live in my own head, so I have no choice but to accept it. And trusting my subjective/intuitive feelings has always been beneficial to me rather than destructive, so it can't be that crazy.
    Thank you for the response, it was most interesting. What document are you referring to? Apologies if I missed an earlier reference.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I rarely second-guess people's self-typing, and see no reason to do so here. You are decidedly different from all the INTPs I have known, though, and I know quite a few.
    Cool. Are any of them pagan?

I think I have really developed Ni, and that makes me seem more Fi-like because I know things I can't always explain, and I can see the value in subjectivity. I'm quite certain I use Fe though. Ni I think is specific to mysticism and the third eye. And given the extent to which I obsessively analyze things, if I didn't have developed Ni to say, "Hey, that's only one perspective, and ultimately it doesn't really matter," I would be way imbalanced towards the intellectual and way less functional.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I thought this was the NT section...

OH! So you're the DM...

*ahem*

"After a troublesome day of hacking vulgar dæmons, I am quite weary. Where is the nearest brothel?"

Spot check.

(My Wis is only +3 so you know I'll not be cheating)

*rolls die*
    Haha. O-kay.