User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

Thank you @greenfairy for your interesting responses in this thread. I've learned from them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ^As an NF, Id like to add that I like the fact that you can emotionally 'connect' with every living being on the planet, which Paganism very much facilitates. On top of that, it offers a multitude of perspectives which all interlink like a web to universally understand the Universe. It is individualism celebrated unity. Perfect.
    Perhaps YOU can emotionally connect with every living being on the planet, but I find that challenging enough just with humans, and just with those humans I know well. That might be a result of being NT, or INTJ,, or type 5, or just me, but it is a significant part of what makes me feel out of step with other pagans. I understand and accept paganism primarily on an intellectual level. It has been a constant struggle to grow beyond that.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Thank you @greenfairy for your interesting responses in this thread. I've learned from them.
    :]

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Perhaps YOU can emotionally connect with every living being on the planet, but I find that challenging enough just with humans, and just with those humans I know well. That might be a result of being NT, or INTJ,, or type 5, or just me, but it is a significant part of what makes me feel out of step with other pagans. I understand and accept paganism primarily on an intellectual level. It has been a constant struggle to grow beyond that.
    Interesting. Do you feel a physical connection with the Earth? Can you feel energy from forces and life around you flowing through your body? Have you done any chakra work?

How does paganism relate to your Fi?

For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?). I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EntangledLight View Post
    Lol, i meant that as a compliment. Anyone who can't appreciate her... self(?) is the odd one.
    Oh ok, cool. Yeah, I liked her character even if she was a little out there. My ex bf actually thought she was hot.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, do I sense frustration there?

Seriously though, would you want to do that? For me, humans of course at first felt easier coz you get more ...well feed back and it is less alien in a way. But animals are just one step further, where you watch their body language and observe them, let them look at you..and you click. Plants I do through touch usually..put a hand on a tree and *feel* their essence. Even crystals. It is different from humans for sure, as they are different beings, but I can tell the difference between glass and crystal, for instance, immediately. Glass feels...dead to me, at least compared to crystal, which feels like it has a fire roaring inside. Aside from that, the ambiance a place vibes is also the combined energy of everything that is alive in there.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzfWpGahng"]Can you paint with the colors of the wind[/YOUTUBE]

....come on, @Coriolis, paint with the colors of the wind

But I know every rock and tree and creature

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Interesting. Do you feel a physical connection with the Earth? Can you feel energy from forces and life around you flowing through your body? Have you done any chakra work?

How does paganism relate to your Fi?

For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?). I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...

At least, to me. It is in fact what drives me to get to know people and want to see what is under the hood. And to want to bond with them. I have 6 cats for the same reason. I want to live out in nature, for the same reason. It is thundering right now here and I *love* it. It is exhilarating , and it makes me want to go and run outside in it to 'respond' to Nature. I want to understand people, animals, Nature, the world, the universe...emotionally, I guess you could say. Feel its energy, while learning why it does what it does. So I can be more in tune with it. Knowlegde+ Emotional bond= (could I be more of a 4w5? )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

At least, to me. It is in fact what drives me to get to know people and want to see what is under the hood. And to want to bond with them. I have 6 cats for the same reason. I want to live out in nature, for the same reason. It is thundering right now here and I *love* it. It is exhilarating , and it makes me want to go and run outside in it to 'respond' to Nature. I want to understand people, animals, Nature, the world, the universe...emotionally, I guess you could say. Feel its energy, while learning why it does what it does. So I can be more in tune with it. Knowlegde+ Emotional bond= (could I be more of a 4w5? )
    Oh Me TOO, Githy. You took the words right out of my mouth!

Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    For me it's more than an emotional connection. It's like I feel physically secure being surrounded by life energy. Kind of like food. I guess now that I think about it, an emotional connection to the Earth and other beings is very important to me. I hadn't thought of it that way before. [b]What I believe now is the set of underlying principles which is a the end of an infinite string of "why"s (sp?).[/] I can't be satisfied until I find out how everything works. But feeling connected to everything is what makes life worth living for me. Is that what people mean when they say NF's search for meaning in their lives? I've always just thought life had whatever meaning you chose to attach to it. Thoughts...
    I understand the why's, but what are these underlying principles you arrive at?

Seriously though, would you want to do that? For me, humans of course at first felt easier coz you get more ...well feed back and it is less alien in a way. But animals are just one step further, where you watch their body language and observe them, let them look at you..and you click. Plants I do through touch usually..put a hand on a tree and *feel* their essence. Even crystals. It is different from humans for sure, as they are different beings, but I can tell the difference between glass and crystal, for instance, immediately. Glass feels...dead to me, at least compared to crystal, which feels like it has a fire roaring inside. Aside from that, the ambiance a place vibes is also the combined energy of everything that is alive in there.

But I know every rock and tree and creature

Has a life, has a spirit, has a name...
    Would I want to do what??

I know everything has a spirit, too; I just don't feel it like you and Greenfairy seem to.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I understand the why's, but what are these underlying principles you arrive at?

Would I want to do what??

I know everything has a spirit, too; I just don't feel it like you and Greenfairy seem to.
    ...would you want to feel it the way we do?

As for underlying principles..it isn't a principle, I think, as much of a familiar type of energy. Granted, every living thing has its own unique brand of energy, but there is a common denominator in everything. That is how I feel it anyways, and I use that one to connect.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★