First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @greenfairy seems to have a lot of traits of the idiosyncratic personality style or in other words symptoms of schizotypal personality disorder (I like to say style) because of the odd magical thinking + beliefs.

Here is a link to that personality style page:
    http://www.ptypes.com/idiosyncratic.html

It's probably not fair to develop a comprehensive behavioral profile based on a handful of posts on a peripheral corner site perched on an dank, obscure part of the internet dedicated to MBTI. I don't think I'd like my system of thought publicly flagged as clinically dysfunctional after offering my thinking on life, the universe, etc.

Skimming over her posts, much of what she offers seems to intermingle 'New Age' mediumistic philosophy knitted with old school theism/animism. Not my cup of tea (actually, diametrically opposed to anything I'd even consider drinking..), but it doesn't make me conclude she has a fundamental problem with her perceptual grasp on reality, or that my line of analysis is necessarily more personally gratifying than hers. To each their own, right?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

It's probably not fair to develop a comprehensive behavioral profile based on a handful of posts on a peripheral corner site perched on an dank, obscure part of the internet dedicated to MBTI. I don't think I'd like my system of thought publicly flagged as clinically dysfunctional after offering my thinking on life, the universe, etc.

Skimming over her posts, much of what she offers seems to intermingle 'New Age' mediumistic philosophy knitted with old school theism/animism. Not my cup of tea (actually, diametrically opposed to anything I'd even consider drinking..), but it doesn't make me conclude she has a fundamental problem with her perceptual grasp on reality, or that my line of analysis is necessarily more personally gratifying than hers. To each their own, right?
    I went on to say in other posts that she is functioning at a level above and beyond society and this kind of weirdness is just the thing to see through the colossal web of lies society has constructed around us.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I went on to say in other posts that she is functioning at a level above and beyond society and this kind of weirdness is just the think to see through the colossal web of lies society has constructed around us.
    I have no idea what that means.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

^
    It means society is screwed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

^
    It means society is screwed.
    Society has always been screwed. Yet here we are.

Since the emergence of consciousness, we've managed to advance, over countless environmental and existential obstacles along the way. We aren't defined by our peccadilloes, but by how we creatively undertake their undoing..

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Why does the epistemology of your belief system seem to be almost completely based on subjective truths? I recognize that the subjective world is just as real as any other, even if it doesn't correspond with the objective world. But isn't it the nature of belief to have faith in something external, even if it's not tangibly verifiable? Anything else is more or less just knowledge.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by that last bit.

I don't really think it is based primarily on subjectivity; but it's relative to your perspective, I guess. Could you elaborate?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Society has always been screwed. Yet here we are.

Since the emergence of consciousness, we've managed to advance, over countless environmental and existential obstacles along the way. We aren't defined by our peccadilloes, but by how we creatively undertake their undoing..
    Yes, but different societies throughout history have had varying degrees of screwed-ness, and proportional degrees of well being for the people who make them up. There are all kinds of factors which influence a society, and human well being, and it is worthwhile if we are going to be actively shaping our society, to do so in a way which maximizes well being rather than being destructive and unproductive. You see? It could be seen as idealistic, but really it's logical and rational to act towards balance and harmony. Do you disagree? Do you think it's logical to destroy our environment and perpetuate a system which causes rampant amounts of cancer?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yes, but different societies throughout history have had varying degrees of screwed-ness, and proportional degrees of well being for the people who make them up. There are all kinds of factors which influence a society, and human well being, and it is worthwhile if we are going to be actively shaping our society, to do so in a way which maximizes well being rather than being destructive and unproductive. You see? It could be seen as idealistic, but really it's logical and rational to act towards balance and harmony. Do you disagree? Do you think it's logical to destroy our environment and perpetuate a system which causes rampant amounts of cancer?
    I like your ideas, but I think they're too subjective/impractical to be expressed outside theoretical exchange. I think you're offering false binaries when you pit the destruction of the environment or a decision towards harmony and communal well-being. It's not that simple.

Again, I like where you're coming from, but I think you're focusing on the negative aspects of human progress, insofar as we've been unable to eradicate them (I'd be interested to hear concrete alternatives, if you've got 'em) that inevitably happen when human beings work towards the successful propagation of our species these last 80,000 or so years. Again, if you've got a better idea, please share away.

I'm not saying that it's acceptable to allow suffering and misery to occur unchecked; just that we shouldn't scrap the entire system because our byproducts are contaminated..or that the option to suddenly eradicate these terrible existential maxims can happen as easily as I think you're offering..

I'm open to possibility, though..

The point of my previous post was that humanity has survived; that society is simply a statement of what people do when resource acquisition and reproductive prerogative combine over time into a cohesive system of cooperative human effort. To say that 'society is screwed' is to fly in the face of human history..

The point of my previous post was that humanity has survived; that society is simply a statement of what people do when resource acquisition and reproductive prerogative combine over time into a cohesive system of cooperative human effort. To say that 'society is screwed' is to fly in the face of human history..
    But, the past is not always an accurate predictor of the future.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I'm not really sure what you mean by that last bit.

I don't really think it is based primarily on subjectivity; but it's relative to your perspective, I guess. Could you elaborate?
    Aren't perspectives subjective?
    Well, for instance you mentioned deities being subjective contents of energy. You also mentioned what appears to be ancestral memories surfacing from your subconscious into your consciousness, giving you a greater sense of who you were/are/want to be. We might say that beliefs are essentially forms of function, solidified when we are granted experience, even if some of those experiences are learned concepts based on abstract principles, or if we experience something deeply ingrained like impressions of a deep and clearly defined personal vocation. Beliefs are then reflected in our actions. If your beliefs are based on experience you recognize as subjective, then how do you act on anything but what resides in your mind? (ie. contemplation on what you know to be true, as opposed to acting on faith based beliefs that you recognize are based on external influences). When I say "faith", I don't refer to a religious body of thought, but rather having the will to accept something other than manifestations of your psyche. Or am I reading you wrong? Do your beliefs affect your life in a demonstrable way because they are reflected in how you view the world?