• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ask an NT witch anything.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
How does the element of time factor into your perspective?

Western culture seems obsessed with time, and never has enough of it. Yet, nature operates as if time were irrelevant and accomplishes much more in quantity, significance, complexity, and wonder. I've found that since connecting with nature more, time has become my ally rather than my nemesis.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here is the place where you can ask anything you want to know about mysticism, spirituality, developing your feeling side and Ni, fairies, polytheism+atheism, talking to trees, psychic ability, etc.; and how it is possible to reconcile all this with being NT.

Is this NT witch anything like a Bene Gesserit witch?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. As I understand it, there is no source of energy; there is energy all around, and living beings are concentrated energy. Our cells use ATP and all that. Energy comes from atoms vibrating. The complexity just happens and is a passive process- creating order usually takes work. If the temperature is really low, then movement all but stops, and so substances freeze and can be more rigid and ordered, but then there is no change either, and no life. I didn't go past Chem 120-130, so I'm going to have to research this some more (for the second question too); but for my purposes the principle of spontaneous vs. nonspontaneous is in the context of a system involving living beings and sufficient matter and energy for constant change. The whole universe could be thought of as being in constant change because it includes everything, so dynamic systems will eventually effect static systems, but we are specifically talking about life on Earth.
This doesn't follow, especially the highlighted. Yes, the universe is in constant change, but especially if we confine our view to life on earth, change there has followed a progression from less complex to more complex. Creating more complexity requires an infusion of energy (work), while changing to a less complex and ordered state (greater entropy) releases energy. This is one of the key arguments of so-called "intelligent design" proponents. I am interested in your perspective on it. Can the situation on earth in which the organization of life has evolved to be more complex -- just happen as a passive process?

2. Once again I'm referring specifically to the Earth, which is an environment which has the particular conditions sufficient for life- and so the global ecosystem is the larger system; smaller systems are ones which are going through cycles of balance and imbalance. I would not consider them closed, so the analogy is not direct. However, the principle still applies; life requires a balance to continue, so it will shift to counteract a disturbance if it is to continue, thus restoring the balance. An ecosystem operates in a dynamic equilibrium so to speak. Chemistry is only a small part of the world, focused on chemical components, but the patterns are reflected in a slightly more complex fashion.
OK, if by "dynamic equilibrium" you mean basically a cycle. The earth is full of cycles. And yes, neither the global ecosystem nor its component subsystems are truly closed.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This doesn't follow, especially the highlighted. Yes, the universe is in constant change, but especially if we confine our view to life on earth, change there has followed a progression from less complex to more complex. Creating more complexity requires an infusion of energy (work), while changing to a less complex and ordered state (greater entropy) releases energy. This is one of the key arguments of so-called "intelligent design" proponents. I am interested in your perspective on it. Can the situation on earth in which the organization of life has evolved to be more complex -- just happen as a passive process?

I don't think complexity requires infusion of energy. Reactions and changes involving action requires it, but it is to achieve a greater state of balance and order so to speak. Going from the molecular level to the human (living) level, molecular processes may have more complex methods of operation; but reactions tend to go to more chaos. Entropy is randomness, which is greater chaos. The spontaneous process of water boiling with high temperature is an example, because the molecules go to a greater state of freedom of movement to balance out their increased vibrational energy with the increased temperature. This is greater entropy, because the molecules are less ordered/structured. To try to prevent the water from boiling would require greater pressure, thus work/input of energy from an outside source. Or if the air pressure is sufficient, you could call that an outside source because it is outside the system consisting of the water and the vessel. The continuous rearranging of atoms just happens. It's the nature of the universe. To some extent order is created naturally as well. As you say, everything goes in cycles of order and chaos. It's us attempting to put our environment in order specific to ourselves which takes effort. Situations arise in which we must adapt, and act in balance with our environment. This action in itself, to the purpose of achieving harmony for ourselves, is the expenditure of energy.

If someone causes harm to another person based on anger for example, that is letting the unconscious take over. This is a state of imbalance and disharmony with our environment. It is us taking action, yes; but it takes less effort to go with our unconscious drives than to look outside of ourselves, be aware of our environment, restructure our thought patterns, and limit our impulses. The "work" involved in human action toward balance is learning how to create harmony. Life is a learning experience, and learning results in an increase in consciousness and vibrational energy. When we learn how to be in harmony, we can exist in this state, and we have a higher amount of energy because energy flows smoothly through us. It doesn't have to be expended through conflict. We channel it from the earth and sky, and transform it into a more harmonious state just through being by unconsciously directing it toward balance. If our personal energy is balanced, it balances the energy we channel. I know I said that the unconscious was responsible for creating chaos, but this is a form of energy. If we channel energy without conscious awareness of the directions it is going in, we create chaos because we don't know how to manage it. We haven't put in the energy to learn. I really should say the subconscious. The subconscious takes in earth energy, brings it up to our unconscious, and then our conscious mind (bringing in sky energy) decides what actions to take. A person who has not learned harmony won't put much conscious thought into their actions, thus just letting their unconscious operate. So the subconscious creates chaotic energy in the individual, and letting the unconscious deal with it without input from conscious awareness and thought creates chaos in the world. But someone who has a high state of consciousness has created balanced patterns of operation in their unconscious by interaction between the two (conscious mind and unconscious mind), and then their unconscious operates in balance because the conscious has already done the work. Does that make sense? To create harmony in the world we must create harmony in ourselves, between our conscious and unconscious mind, balancing energy, by channeling it through ourselves and out into the environment. The learning process takes expenditure of energy, and once we've learned, we have more energy because we are no longer expending it on this particular lesson. We constantly take in energy from our environment, and it flows through us. Thus history as a learning process is spiraling up in increased energy, and then some enlightened souls choose to opt out of this process and new souls go in and start at the bottom, and new circumstances arise, and we collectively forget, and we spiral back down again.

OK, if by "dynamic equilibrium" you mean basically a cycle. The earth is full of cycles. And yes, neither the global ecosystem nor its component subsystems are truly closed.

Yes, this is what I mean.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One could say that these enlightened souls have accumulated so much energy (from learning through many incarnations) that they transcend the confines of the physical body like the water molecules boiling out of the liquid state. Or maybe they stay around and heal themselves and others, and shape shift, and do other "miraculous" things because they are not limited by their physical state. They don't get sick or stay sick, because sickness is the body losing energy, and they have more than enough. They can change physical shapes by consciously rearranging their molecular structure, and they have so much concentrated energy that they can direct it into these processes. Theoretically.

All this is what Hinduism teaches.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
[MENTION=6839]Scott N Denver[/MENTION]

i was surprised to see someone mention the "akashic records" right when i was thinking about them. supposedly, the idea behind the records--something that exists to record every thought and deed, every happening in any form of the word--exists in multiple cultures, the physical form it takes just varies upon the culture itself... like some will believe that the records are chiseled onto stone, or written on paper, etc. the first time i heard of the records was when i was looking into edgar cayce. he could do things no one can explain and he knew things that modern science thought was impossible, but we now take it to be fact (such as certain deserts once being covered in water, suggesting the implantation of screws into someone's shattered leg when modern medicine didn't practice it, or healing his son's eyes with holistic medicine when most doctors prognosis was to cut them out). basically, he was a world renowned psychic who world leaders would come to meet when they wouldn't take the time to visit our own president--i think there's a documentary of him on the history channel website still.

edit: oh duh, and cayce believed he was tapping into this record in order to know things he couldn't possibly know. like what a medicine bottle description said in someone's cabinet three states away, etc. he used to be a devout christian until he came into his "awareness" and then forsook it all--he believed we all had only a glimpse of the truth when it came to religion, and he was constantly hounded by skeptics who set out to prove he was a fraud, only to have them write a biography about him lol.

[MENTION=15773]greenfairy[/MENTION]

as far as trees having some form of consciousness... i think people would initially disagree with you because they would think you were implying that they have thoughts and emotions similar to that of a human, but as far as some alien sort of awareness (alien as in it wouldn't be something we experience or understand--as in our awareness isn't the awareness, it's just that, our own, and believing otherwise i think would limit us to understanding other forms of awareness or existence)...

i'm going to look for a link because i know that someone will demand it, but... i saw show/documentary where people were testing to plants for some sort of sentient reaction. they believe they got one. they cut a plant with a pair of scissors, and noticed a disturbance in some sort of wave they were measuring ("some sort of wave" is very vague, i know, but this was years ago). when they put the scissors away, the wave went back to a slow, measured pace--when they brought the scissors back out, the wave jumped, not only in that one plant, but in all the ones surrounding it as well.

interesting, right?

S

Society

Here is the place where you can ask anything you want to know about mysticism, spirituality, developing your feeling side and Ni, fairies, polytheism+atheism, talking to trees, psychic ability, etc.; and how it is possible to reconcile all this with being NT.

how do i apply to data entry and data mining jobs in contract job websites? there's a list of proposals but no damn "make proposal" window/button... are there any places that specialize with data mining / entry contract work which i can use?

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
how do i apply to data entry and data mining jobs in contract job websites? there's a list of proposals but no damn "make proposal" window/button... are there any places that specialize with data mining / entry contract work which i can use?

Unfortunately my mystical knowledge does not apply to these things.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
as far as trees having some form of consciousness... i think people would initially disagree with you because they would think you were implying that they have thoughts and emotions similar to that of a human, but as far as some alien sort of awareness (alien as in it wouldn't be something we experience or understand--as in our awareness isn't the awareness, it's just that, our own, and believing otherwise i think would limit us to understanding other forms of awareness or existence)...

i'm going to look for a link because i know that someone will demand it, but... i saw show/documentary where people were testing to plants for some sort of sentient reaction. they believe they got one. they cut a plant with a pair of scissors, and noticed a disturbance in some sort of wave they were measuring ("some sort of wave" is very vague, i know, but this was years ago). when they put the scissors away, the wave went back to a slow, measured pace--when they brought the scissors back out, the wave jumped, not only in that one plant, but in all the ones surrounding it as well.

interesting, right?

I think life energy is the base, and awareness is how that life energy is expressed within the limitations of a physical being. Awareness would be limited in a very different way for an orchid than for a cat or a human, and a tree would have a different viewpoint than a dolphin. Awareness is just perception, and consciousness is awareness. To the extent that something has life energy and can perceive, it has consciousness. A rock might contain life energy from other beings, like a wire can conduct electricity, but has none of its own.

I've heard of that! The Secret Life of Plants is a cool book.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What makes you think that the energy you sense is actually there? Sure, you perceive it, but is there anything external which indicates that it's really there. I don't think merely pointing to the existence of biological, atomic, and quantum energy is sufficient to explain this. It seems as if the only external objective indicator is the framework you use to connect the empirically documented energy with your perception of it.

Physics and chemistry are enough for me. Beyond that I can't be sure, and I know I can't be sure of anything, but to the extent that I can be sure of anything I can be sure that everything is energy. It seems logical. Things are made of atoms, which are collections of subatomic particles, which are made of energy; there are no other "things" that make up matter, and matter and energy are the primary building blocks of what is. I haven't heard of anything to suggest that the notion that everything is energy is false.

Similarly, spells seem to parallel this psychologically. From my admittedly limited understanding of them, they simply involve harmonizing one's perspective with reality and attempting to fulfill one's own desires and goals while remaining in harmony with everything else. This just seems like a rational approach based on knowledge of psychology and taking a "win-win" approach with people.

This is similar to my understanding as well. I would incorporate consciously manipulating energy, and using all levels of existence. (But as you become a balanced person in harmony, this becomes an increasingly unconscious process; you just have to learn to do it consciously before you can do it effectively unconsciously I guess.)

How does the element of time factor into your perspective?

Western culture seems obsessed with time, and never has enough of it. Yet, nature operates as if time were irrelevant and accomplishes much more in quantity, significance, complexity, and wonder. I've found that since connecting with nature more, time has become my ally rather than my nemesis.

To me time is not linear. It is but it is not. The linear is contained in the circular, like the phi symbol. There is a golden spiral inside of the golden ratio. So it is for everything. Yang and yin are in balance. I focus on the big picture, and so for me time is cyclical. I am aware of a linear version of time because I have a physical existence, but the spirit knows no such limitations.

I'm happy you are able to connect this way!

Haha sorry for taking so long to answer your questions. Any others?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physics and chemistry are enough for me. Beyond that I can't be sure, and I know I can't be sure of anything, but to the extent that I can be sure of anything I can be sure that everything is energy. It seems logical. Things are made of atoms, which are collections of subatomic particles, which are made of energy; there are no other "things" that make up matter, and matter and energy are the primary building blocks of what is. I haven't heard of anything to suggest that the notion that everything is energy is false.
Everything is matter or energy. Matter can be converted into energy, and the reverse. There is an obvious correspondence between the states of matter plus energy, and the symbolic elements. But there are more forms of energy than science can currently measure.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everything is matter or energy. Matter can be converted into energy, and the reverse. There is an obvious correspondence between the states of matter plus energy, and the symbolic elements. But there are more forms of energy than science can currently measure.

I agree.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What is the meaning of life?