User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

Ginkgo

Why does the epistemology of your belief system seem to be almost completely based on subjective truths? I recognize that the subjective world is just as real as any other, even if it doesn't correspond with the objective world. But isn't it the nature of belief to have faith in something external, even if it's not tangibly verifiable? Anything else is more or less just knowledge.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

@greenfairy seems to have a lot of traits of the idiosyncratic personality style or in other words symptoms of schizotypal personality disorder (I like to say style) because of the odd magical thinking + beliefs.

Here is a link to that personality style page:
    http://www.ptypes.com/idiosyncratic.html

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Do you find you use a lot of props? I find that as time goes on..the more I look at props, the more they get in the way and distract m. I still use candles, sometimes incense and crystals at times but...most of the energy work I actually do doesn't have the spell-format you'd expect it to have. It's more..gut instinct to the situation, using intuition, empathy and other skill sets.

I don't even officially observe the sabbats anymore. I do make it a point to reconnect with the season when it shifts but..that's done by walking through the garden while mulling thinsg over in my head, noticing the changes and well...syncing up with Nature again, as such.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I believe psychic ability is simply highly developed intuition. We sense energy. Our unconscious mind is constantly processing sensory information, and puts it all together. Some of its conclusions are things we know but can't explain, since it is processed in the unconscious. This combined with our sense for energy is our psychic sense.
    This could explain some things, but what about things supposedly perceived which are so far removed that the integration of sensory information could not explain them?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    @greenfairy seems to have a lot of traits of the idiosyncratic personality style or in other words symptoms of schizotypal personality disorder (I like to say style) because of the odd magical thinking + beliefs.

Here is a link to that personality style page:
    http://www.ptypes.com/idiosyncratic.html
    Odd magical thinking style could also describe all the Native American tribes and much of present day Japan. I put very little stock in these "disorders." Or in ADHD. I say I have it, but it's more of a description of a natural and healthy thinking style which is just not suited for industrialized, regimented society.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Odd magical thinking style could also describe all the Native American tribes and much of present day Japan. I put very little stock in these "disorders." Or in ADHD. I say I have it, but it's more of a description of a natural and healthy thinking style which is just not suited for industrialized, regimented society.
    I never said it was unhealthy thinking, and notice how I said I prefer to call it a style rather than a disorder. In fact, I think it is very healthy thinking, as in it will liberate you from the matrix of illusion all the normal people are trapped in today, though in reality you are the sane one and everyone else is insane, to expand upon an idea of Einstein's when he wondered if he or society was the crazy one. Society is.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Why does the epistemology of your belief system seem to be almost completely based on subjective truths? I recognize that the subjective world is just as real as any other, even if it doesn't correspond with the objective world. But isn't it the nature of belief to have faith in something external, even if it's not tangibly verifiable? Anything else is more or less just knowledge.
    Good question, which deserves a thorough answer. I'll think about it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is something Amargith and I had talked about previously and had different, well not so much takes as different levels of interest in: do you use or incorporate chakras? Also, do you particularly different between the different aura layers, or what in yoga parlance we would call koshas and elsewhere are called subtle bodies or energy bodies?

The first time I ever met a pagan that I know of, it was in a world religions class in college [at a Catholic University.] We had a guest speaker, the pagan lady, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I apologize for being late. I forgot to ask my [whatever kind of] spirit guide to save a parking space for me so there were no nearby parking spaces so I had to walk further to get here." While I had heard or read about many "interesting" things in my life before then, I found that one really weird and was like "Okay, what weird fruit loop planet do you supposedly live on?" Interestingly enough, as a military brat no one ever told me that "they park their planes where the spirits tell them they should" and I didnt see parking cars as that different from flying or parking a plane. People will do what they will, and I have encountered many examples of [runner?] spirit guides that do things like saving parking spaces, but I want to point out that one of my Taoism books [written by a Taoist lineage holder btw] has a section on "abuses of spiritual power", and lo and behold one of the items amongst the ten or so listed is "using spirit guides to affect the physical world, such as saving parking spaces for you." I guess there are always differences of opinion...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I never said it was unhealthy thinking, and notice how I said I prefer to call it a style rather than a disorder. In fact, I think it is very healthy thinking, as in it will liberate you from the matrix of illusion all the normal people are trapped in today, though in reality you are the sane one and everyone else is insane, to expand upon an idea of Einstein's when he wondered if he or society was the crazy one. Society is.
    Oh ok cool. I'm still a little sensitive I guess, and it's hard to know what people mean over the internet. I do think I'm one of the sane ones in an insane society, which is why I kind of expect people to think I'm crazy sometimes. How sane could a society be who who spends hours a day watching TV and eating factory farmed, irradiated food, microwaving their food in plastic, putting carcinogen infused chemical products on their bodies, and then complaining about being fat and getting cancer?

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Oh ok cool. I'm still a little sensitive I guess, and it's hard to know what people mean over the internet. I do think I'm one of the sane ones in an insane society, which is why I kind of expect people to think I'm crazy sometimes. How sane could a society be who who spends hours a day watching TV and eating factory farmed, irradiated food, microwaving their food in plastic, putting carcinogen infused chemical products on their bodies, and then complaining about being fat and getting cancer?
    This is because an evil organization called the Illuminati controls everything in our world. Of course, it is just a conspiracy theory, not a fact, but I think it is a good explanation for the prison trapping all of us.