First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Yeah, understandable. If I hadn't found my group I would be solitary probably. I do kind of feel the need to be social with spirituality, though, so I'd be seeking out like minded people all the time.
    I've found the people on here that have come forward in my Pagan thread, as well as you're self, way closer to my own beliefs and interpretations than any of the pagans I met irl so far, as well as on like pagan gathering places online. You get nearly killed any time you suggest that perhaps the Gods are more like a role model to you, instead of an entity you truly worship every day as it's disrespectful and straight up blasphemy. Not to mention the downright hostility between the different types of nature religion as well as within the religion between traditions. Irony, thy name is paganism, considering the fact that most Pagans loudly complain that Christians are intolerant of other religions. It kinda..put me off of pagan gatherings.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think spirits exist, and true mediums exist. Working with spirits takes some knowledge so you don't do it irresponsibly and you know how to open and close portals and that kind of thing. I don't personally do it, except for spirit guides we are supposed to envision in meditations in Wiccan class; so that's about all I can say. I just don't really mess with them because they're not that relevant to me. My mentor/teacher (XNFJ) is off the chain psychic and communicates with spirits, but she doesn't go around telling people about it; when she's in a hospital she'll send spirits on their way to the next world, and one time she communicated with one of our coven members' dead brother, and told her what he was saying. She doesn't charge for her services or really tell very many people she can do this. I think this is the mark of a true psychic or medium. Anyone who does it for popularity or money is probably a fake.

You?
    I've been surprised how many of the non-eastern-traditions people that I've met who are really big into channeling or mediumship. This holds both where I live now and where I've lived before. There were times when I would go "visit" certain spiritual groups and I was all like "who DOESN'T talk/channel/medium spirits here?!?!?!" Seriously it was that prevalent. Coming out of backgrounds that were like "and if spirits try to visit you while your meditating just ignore them" I found such groups very *interesting* Not my cup of tea. Though one healer in Hawaii, and a bunch of people here, have all said that I would make an excellent medium if I so wished. No thanks...

People who "talk with the dead", especially the relatively but-not-just-right-now-or-yesterday dead, I have some real issues with that. I've definitely read things in yoga philosophy books and elsewhere that are very clear that once "souls" get a certain "distance" from earth/physical life "they are in their own special place where we can't access them." Residual thoughts forms or impressions or something, I could see that, but them specifically, no.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I've found the people on here that have come forward in my Pagan thread, as well as you're self, way closer to my own beliefs and interpretations than any of the pagans I met irl so far, as well as on like pagan gathering places online. You get nearly killed any time you suggest that perhaps the Gods are more like a role model to you, instead of an entity you truly worship every day as it's disrespectful and straight up blasphemy. Not to mention the downright hostility between the different types of nature religion as well as within the religion between traditions. Irony, thy name is paganism, considering the fact that most Pagans loudly complain that Christians are intolerant of other religions. It kinda..put me off of pagan gatherings.
    I know, right? Immature people in a young religion. People need to start looking at things more like spirituality than religion. Like, actually connect to Spirit and not just their dogma and egos.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I've been surprised how many of the non-eastern-traditions people that I've met who are really big into channeling or mediumship. This holds both where I live now and where I've lived before. There were times when I would go "visit" certain spiritual groups and I was all like "who DOESN'T talk/channel/medium spirits here?!?!?!" Seriously it was that prevalent. Coming out of backgrounds that were like "and if spirits try to visit you while your meditating just ignore them" I found such groups very *interesting* Not my cup of tea. Though one healer in Hawaii, and a bunch of people here, have all said that I would make an excellent medium if I so wished. No thanks...

People who "talk with the dead", especially the relatively but-not-just-right-now-or-yesterday dead, I have some real issues with that. I've definitely read things in yoga philosophy books and elsewhere that are very clear that once "souls" get a certain "distance" from earth/physical life "they are in their own special place where we can't access them." Residual thoughts forms or impressions or something, I could see that, but them specifically, no.
    Sounds like you are living in an eccentric area. I say just ignore them, and travel. It also sounds like something out of the 20's. I agree, we need to focus on this life and this reality, not on dead people and the ego boost we might get in imagining we can communicate with them.

WALMART

Thanks. I haven't read a lot about just quantum physics, but I've learned some things in relation to other things. Like picked up things while studying chemistry, things cited in my magical and spiritual studies, etc. I just googled "non-localization," and it gave me nothing, so learning more about it will have to wait. I have like a million things on my reading list, and quantum physics is among the subjects. Have you considered that you might be empathic?

I think I made the term up. It's a good one though, I promise.

I think I'm empathetic. I can relate to your "he's sad, I'm sad" story, I would always tell my GF my quality of life was very directly reflective of her quality of life. She didn't like that, I don't think, because she was a very sad girl.

At work I had an employee who was seriously counterproductive in her efforts. She would get me so upset, but I would let her slide until I snapped. Immediately after I broke character I would feel guilt ridden through my mind. Is that empathy? I don't know.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post

Eastern people generally have their heads on straight, because theirs is a practical sort of spirituality, and because their paths have pretty much continued unbroken for thousands of years. Western paganism was stamped out by the Catholic Church in the middle ages, and only fragments remain. So unconventional people have had to try to rebuild their traditions from scratch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I do feel the energy of places, both natural and human made. The energy of those places feels different. Humans leave imprints of their mental and emotional energy places, and that feels a lot more chaotic than natural areas. In natural areas I feel the energy of the earth, trees, plants, animals, and the weather. It's very peaceful and energizing. I feel so much more energetic in the mountains than in a city. I feel like I could run a half marathon.

I kinda knew I sensed such things once upon a time, then others pointed out that I sense them much more than I realized. Then they pointed out how much my "system" [ie aura, chakras] was getting gunked up by it all. It's quite shocking sometimes just how strongly one can feel such things, or how differently two different places can feel.

Personally, I feel like I sense things more strongly in people, but I absorb them much more from environments or "collective fields." I sometimes talk about natural/geographic feng shui and emotional feng shui. I'm not sure that is technically accurate but ti gets the gist across.

ps. I forget cuz there were several threads at different times but I think I had a number of questions for Amar in the thread she referenced. Or maybe I'm thinking of threads I started that she jumped on...

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think I made the term up. It's a good one though, I promise.

I think I'm empathetic. I can relate to your "he's sad, I'm sad" story, I would always tell my GF my quality of life was very directly reflective of her quality of life. She didn't like that, I don't think, because she was a very sad girl.

At work I had an employee who was seriously counterproductive in her efforts. She would get me so upset, but I would let her slide until I snapped. Immediately after I broke character I would feel guilt ridden through my mind. Is that empathy? I don't know.
    It might be. If you say you relate to a lot of the things I said, you probably are. Everyone has intuition about people. It's how we read nonverbal cues. We feel each other's energy all the time; most people have just been taught by society to ignore it, so we stunt our intuitive development and never have the chance to become psychic or deal with it appropriately when we naturally are. You might want to try shielding and see if it helps. Imagine a bubble around you, which only allows positive energy though, and intuitive information which you are ready to handle. (You have to add these little phrases, "within reason," "as I am ready to handle it," etc.; otherwise the universe will send strange and unexpected things your way).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sounds like you are living in an eccentric area. I say just ignore them, and travel. It also sounds like something out of the 20's. I agree, we need to focus on this life and this reality, not on dead people and the ego boost we might get in imagining we can communicate with them.
    I don't know how prevalent such things truly are, but the local people here are part of a particular school or group of schools in this area that are part of some network based in California, and that network apparently is just really big on channeling/mediumship. The people I knew elsewhere, there school was really big into mediumship too.

Come to think of it, while I've never been a student in one, every "psychic development" school I've encountered has been big into mediumship.

WALMART

It might be. If you say you relate to a lot of the things I said, you probably are. Everyone has intuition about people. It's how we read nonverbal cues. We feel each other's energy all the time; most people have just been taught by society to ignore it, so we stunt our intuitive development and never have the chance to become psychic or deal with it appropriately when we naturally are. You might want to try shielding and see if it helps. Imagine a bubble around you, which only allows positive energy though, and intuitive information which you are ready to handle. (You have to add these little phrases, "within reason," "as I am ready to handle it," etc.; otherwise the universe will send strange and unexpected things your way).

So how do you feel about The Secret?