User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol..no, they were pretty nice, I'll be honest. Still..it feels sort of unnerving to discuss something so private in public? Which is why I was fascinated to see how you'd handle it *lol*
    Nah, I'm an open book for better or worse. I'll tell pretty much anyone pretty much anything, as long as I think they'll be positively receptive to it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

/stalks

I wanna ask a question, but I can't think of one. This is a very interesting thread. =3

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    /stalks

I wanna ask a question, but I can't think of one. This is a very interesting thread. =3
    yay

Ok, I think I've answered all of the questions so far. Yes?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    /stalks

I'll ask one for ya, how about that

@greenfairy One thing I could never do is find a coven or even stick with the rituals in Wicca. It felt too...'this is how it should be'. You seem to indicate somewhat going through the motions as well, for the sake of the group...or am I misunderstanding that? I do admit it's pretty lonely to walk that path alone, but somehow I couldn't even practice together with a fellow ENFP witch. That's why I say..this is intensely private to me.

How on earth did you manage to a) find people that are likeminded enough to form a coven with and b) get accustomed to sharing a path, as a witch's path seems so darn individual (not to mention the personal experiences, perspectives and beliefs on the matter that can clash)
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

What is your perspective about the relationship of psychic abilities with intuition?

Do you get a sense about a place? Is that true in both natural areas and areas with more human-created structure?

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I'll ask one for ya, how about that

@greenfairy One thing I could never do is find a coven or even stick with the rituals in Wicca. It felt too...'this is how it should be'. You seem to indicate somewhat going through the motions as well, for the sake of the group...or am I misunderstanding that? I do admit it's pretty lonely to walk that path alone, but somehow I couldn't even practice together with a fellow ENFP witch. That's why I say..this is intensely private to me.

How on earth did you manage to a) find people that are likeminded enough to form a coven with and b) get accustomed to sharing a path, as a witch's path seems so darn individual (not to mention the personal experiences, perspectives and beliefs on the matter that can clash)
    Very good question.
    I'll tell you, it is difficult. I'm starting to believe it was universal intervention or something that I actually found a handful of people I agree with on the important points. Yes you are correct, I use Wicca as a tool to connect with the divine, but it is just a tool. It's a way to socialize with other Wiccans, and to learn magic and shamanic things. I'm mostly in it so I can learn. My own personal life is my own thing. Wicca is still a very young religion, so understandably it's not "established" enough to provide a solid structure of stable and healthy people teaching stable and healthy people, with measures in place to prevent politics and resolve colflicts. A lot of immature and maladjusted people are attracted to it for the wrong reasons. I'm pretty disgusted with this, but that's the situation, and I can't deny my path or give up because of it.

I happened to run into the person I call my fairy godmother (aforementioned psychic woman) at a workshop she was leading. She is actually a scapegoat for a whole community who is addicted to drugs because her existence threatened to expose them (through an extremely unfortunate series of events, which I will not describe). I found all this out later. She alone was nice to me and genuine, and I felt her to be loving and spiritual and nonjudgmental. The others were superficially nice, but it felt kind of fake. I joined the group she runs. She was holding classes for people interested in Wicca to teach them the basics of the religion and ethics and character development, so I joined those. That's when I met her priestess, who is awesome. This particular group of students became our grove. We lost a lot of people who turned out to not be willing to put in the work and be responsible for themselves, or to be psychologically stable. We lost a priest for the same reason. Right now we have 6 people consisting of the 2 priestesses and 4 students, and we are about to get our first degree.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Very good question.
    I'll tell you, it is difficult. I'm starting to believe it was universal intervention or something that I actually found a handful of people I agree with on the important points. Yes you are correct, I use Wicca as a tool to connect with the divine, but it is just a tool. It's a way to socialize with other Wiccans, and to learn magic and shamanic things. I'm mostly in it so I can learn. My own personal life is my own thing. Wicca is still a very young religion, so understandably it's not "established" enough to provide a solid structure of stable and healthy people teaching stable and healthy people, with measures in place to prevent politics and resolve colflicts. A lot of immature and maladjusted people are attracted to it for the wrong reasons. I'm pretty disgusted with this, but that's the situation, and I can't deny my path or give up because of it.

I happened to run into the person I call my fairy godmother (aforementioned psychic woman) at a workshop she was leading. She is actually a scapegoat for a whole community who is addicted to drugs because her existence threatened to expose them (through an extremely unfortunate series of events, which I will not describe). I found all this out later. She alone was nice to me and genuine, and I felt her to be loving and spiritual and nonjudgmental. The others were superficially nice, but it felt kind of fake. I joined the group she runs. She was holding classes for people interested in Wicca to teach them the basics of the religion and ethics and character development, so I joined those. That's when I met her priestess, who is awesome. This particular group of students became our grove. We lost a lot of people who turned out to not be willing to put in the work and be responsible for themselves, or to be psychologically stable. We lost a priest for the same reason. Right now we have 6 people consisting of the 2 priestesses and 4 students, and we are about to get our first degree.
    See, this is why I went the solitary route. Makes it hard to evaluate your progress though, I have to admit.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    What is your perspective about the relationship of psychic abilities with intuition?

Do you get a sense about a place? Is that true in both natural areas and areas with more human-created structure?
    I believe psychic ability is simply highly developed intuition. We sense energy. Our unconscious mind is constantly processing sensory information, and puts it all together. Some of its conclusions are things we know but can't explain, since it is processed in the unconscious. This combined with our sense for energy is our psychic sense.

I do feel the energy of places, both natural and human made. The energy of those places feels different. Humans leave imprints of their mental and emotional energy places, and that feels a lot more chaotic than natural areas. In natural areas I feel the energy of the earth, trees, plants, animals, and the weather. It's very peaceful and energizing. I feel so much more energetic in the mountains than in a city. I feel like I could run a half marathon.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

See, this is why I went the solitary route. Makes it hard to evaluate your progress though, I have to admit.
    Yeah, understandable. If I hadn't found my group I would be solitary probably. I do kind of feel the need to be social with spirituality, though, so I'd be seeking out like minded people all the time.

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Are these answers sufficient for the NT's, or do more than a couple of people think I'm batshit insane? haha Because I welcome intelligent debate on the subjects, as long as it's respectful and open minded.