• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] Why Do You Like/Love your INTP ??

Darya

Enneagram
4w5
I have always had a soft spot for INTPs , mixed with a sense of admiration (for their brightness and non-conformity) and perhaps a sense of envy for being able to appear aloof and unemotional...AND of course, their child-like expression of enthusiasm..:blush:

Just read an article regarding Socionic take io INTP (men) which to me, it seems on point in portraying an accurate picture of INTPs' emotions....

"Unapproachable and thus desired." He is handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total independence from his demanding partner".

So,What are your reasons for liking/loving the INTPs in your life ????

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
My reason is pretty simplistic, since I've only interacted with a few INTPs, and even fewer female INTPs: I can relate. :)

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=13402]Saturned[/MENTION] approves this thread.

Trunks

I'm not Trunks
They are brilliant, gentle persons, good characters all around..I know few of them in my life.

leectra

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
good characters all around

Not sure I'd describe myself as good. Brilliant and gent;e I'm happy with... But I think I'm a bit too indifferent to be all-round good.:mellow:
Though there are probably plenty of good person INTP's. Just not all of us.

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm lucky to know a few INTPs. :)

They have a great, subtle sense of humor and comes up at odd times.
They don't seem to mind my poking gentle fun at them.

The female INTPs have cool fashion sense and don't mind my venting to them. (I think). We also have the same view of people.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I have always had a soft spot for INTPs , mixed with a sense of admiration (for their brightness and non-conformity) and perhaps a sense of envy for being able to appear aloof and unemotional...AND of course, their child-like expression of enthusiasm..:blush:

Just read an article regarding Socionic take io INTP (men) which to me, it seems on point in portraying an accurate picture of INTPs' emotions....

"Unapproachable and thus desired." He is handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total independence from his demanding partner".

So,What are your reasons for liking/loving the INTPs in your life ????

whaaaaat?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My only serious relationships have been with INTPs - my first and second marriages.

My best image of a man as a child was Carl Sagan and Mr. Spock (who is more ITJ, but still calm and logical). My composition professor whom I worked with for 12 years would likely test pretty extreme in all categories of INTP. The calm and logical person always felt safe to me. I didn't intentionally marry INTPs, and never knew much about it at the time except by the time I had my second marriage.

Close relationships with INTPs work well for me when they are invested in me because we resolve conflicts the same way. I also enjoy listening to their ideas which gives me opportunity to learn. My intelligence is of a different sort and so I think that can be interesting for them as well. I have found INTPs, and myself, grow weary of human nonsense and naturally withdraw.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Socionic take io INTP (men)

INTJ. :rotfl:

Regardless, (Excluding "dislike adventure") I could relate to the description. Especially the handsome and smart part. :D

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^I know. That's pretty special.
"the thing I love about INTPs is that they're INTJs"...

What I love about us is how much we delight in absurdity. Which actually makes us very different from the dour, self-important dude described in the OP.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I've never loved an INTP. I've dated different INTPs but a lot of lack the kind of depth in emotions that I'd describe as healthy. I trust a lot in the face and that is usually lacking for me in INTP. They make however great friends to have during university and sitting down at a coffee shop to discuss ideas but usually nothing I'd write home about in a romantic way. Maybe one day an INTP can show me otherwise.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^If you're into girls, unlikely; if you're into guys, almost certainly not. :D

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Thank you Salome. However, on forums they seem to be one of my favorite posters as they infuse the kind of energy and logic that I follow. I am the opposite - a better speaker than writer.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ive been courted by a young INTP in the past, and would have dated him gladly if Id have been single. He was my best friend. My INTJs best friend is also INTP and I like him a great deal as well, which he seems to reciprocate. I find that I love the fact that they can take about anything in a humorous, almost ironic way. It really is a game of Ne, where you take different angles on a situation and elaborate on each others povs. They enrich my mind in that way, and their dry, analytical approach makes it easy to a) follow the game and b) guarantees amusement.

On a more feelery note...they can be utterly squishy and sweet when they get all emotional about something or someone, and are some of the most loyal people around when healthy. Often they have great insight into people on a more theoretical, detached level, and ask me to fill them in on a practical level, when they are curious about someone in their environment. Vice versa, I find their theoretical hypotheses often illuminating to branch out my own knowledge wrt human nature.

Lastly, they seem to have little trouble with my typical intense focus on them. In fact...they appear to bask in it, which for once means I do not have to reign myself in too much. I appreciate that a lot :wubbie:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=16444]Fourplay[/MENTION], It's because we share leading functions so can usually understand each other well but still have complementary strengths, which we admire in each other. This works for superficial interactions, like talking about shared interests in an impersonal space like a public forum. In private, it can lead to an erosive competitiveness though. Where I've seen it work is if the ENTP is female. I think her femininity maybe softens the impulse to go for the jugular that ENTPs frequently exhibit.
I find ENTPs fascinating, if a little overwhelming in person, so I tend to admire them from a safe distance. :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good heart; fierce loyalty in the relationship; caring in quiet practical ways; dry, intelligent humor and a sense of whimsy; compatible socializing habits and desire for independence (we give each other plenty of space); great troubleshooter of Ni-based grand schemes; very laid-back and easy-going, which balances my tendency to be more focused, scheduled, and stressed. My SO of many years is INTP. We speak the same language, our lifestyles are compatible, but our perspectives different enough to complement each other and provide balance.