User Tag List

12 Last

Enneagram
    4w5

Question Why Do You Like/Love your INTP ??

I have always had a soft spot for INTPs , mixed with a sense of admiration (for their brightness and non-conformity) and perhaps a sense of envy for being able to appear aloof and unemotional...AND of course, their child-like expression of enthusiasm..

Just read an article regarding Socionic take io INTP (men) which to me, it seems on point in portraying an accurate picture of INTPs' emotions....

"Unapproachable and thus desired." He is handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total independence from his demanding partner".

So,What are your reasons for liking/loving the INTPs in your life ????

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

My reason is pretty simplistic, since I've only interacted with a few INTPs, and even fewer female INTPs: I can relate.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Saturned approves this thread.

I'm not Trunks

They are brilliant, gentle persons, good characters all around..I know few of them in my life.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trunks View Post
    good characters all around
    Not sure I'd describe myself as good. Brilliant and gent;e I'm happy with... But I think I'm a bit too indifferent to be all-round good.
    Though there are probably plenty of good person INTP's. Just not all of us.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    6w5

I'm lucky to know a few INTPs.

They have a great, subtle sense of humor and comes up at odd times.
    They don't seem to mind my poking gentle fun at them.

The female INTPs have cool fashion sense and don't mind my venting to them. (I think). We also have the same view of people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    I have always had a soft spot for INTPs , mixed with a sense of admiration (for their brightness and non-conformity) and perhaps a sense of envy for being able to appear aloof and unemotional...AND of course, their child-like expression of enthusiasm..

Just read an article regarding Socionic take io INTP (men) which to me, it seems on point in portraying an accurate picture of INTPs' emotions....

"Unapproachable and thus desired." He is handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total independence from his demanding partner".

So,What are your reasons for liking/loving the INTPs in your life ????

whaaaaat?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My only serious relationships have been with INTPs - my first and second marriages.

My best image of a man as a child was Carl Sagan and Mr. Spock (who is more ITJ, but still calm and logical). My composition professor whom I worked with for 12 years would likely test pretty extreme in all categories of INTP. The calm and logical person always felt safe to me. I didn't intentionally marry INTPs, and never knew much about it at the time except by the time I had my second marriage.

Close relationships with INTPs work well for me when they are invested in me because we resolve conflicts the same way. I also enjoy listening to their ideas which gives me opportunity to learn. My intelligence is of a different sort and so I think that can be interesting for them as well. I have found INTPs, and myself, grow weary of human nonsense and naturally withdraw.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    Socionic take io INTP (men)
    INTJ.

Regardless, (Excluding "dislike adventure") I could relate to the description. Especially the handsome and smart part.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^I know. That's pretty special.
    "the thing I love about INTPs is that they're INTJs"...

What I love about us is how much we delight in absurdity. Which actually makes us very different from the dour, self-important dude described in the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.