• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] how drunk do you get?

W

WALMART

I have a really bad habit of consuming way more than I know I can handle.

I just get so thirtsy...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Um, then drink water and not just alcohol. Also eat with alcohol.

Or switch to something with a lower alcohol content, like beer.

Or do you mean you keep drinking beer because you're thirsty?

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
I think he's joking.

Of course drinking can always run away from you from time to time, but I tend to be sensitive to alcohol, so I do not drink much at all. I do not like feeling out of control, or out of my mind. I do not like doing things that I did not specifically intend to do!

W

WALMART

I don't know, I just cannot control my drinking.

When I eat, I eat to eat. I don't really enjoy my food, or savor the flavor.... I just shove it in my mouth and swallow. I get an abnormal amount of responses regarding my food intake. I'm very methodic in my eating, I'll eat one thing first, then the next, then the next. I usually save the best (meat) for last. Example: I'll eat all my fries, then all my burger. Or all my green beans, all my potato, then all my steak. I think I do it simply because I find eating and food as a task to be accomplished and that's the most efficient way of doing it.

The same is with alcohol... I have to consciously think about what I'm drinking otherwise I run away from myself. I have like a bottomless pit of a stomach so I drink beer after beer after beer, if someone offers me a shot I'll do it, yadda yadda.

Sorry for that likely unneeded mid-post wall of text.

[MENTION=16164]Wolfie[/MENTION] , I love being out of my mind. Probably another factor =/

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think he's joking.

Of course drinking can always run away from you from time to time, but I tend to be sensitive to alcohol, so I do not drink much at all. I do not like feeling out of control, or out of my mind. I do not like doing things that I did not specifically intend to do!

Yup, pretty much. I try to avoid it unless I'm around people I know. Usually it's maybe two beers and I'm done, since I have no desire to do that which I know I could possibly regret, or even toe the line, lolz.

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
We are exact opposites then. I tend to eat too much. I have a very hard time turning down food and I seem to be hungry all the time! I am working on fixing my problem, but it's hard. I think you get used to the positive feelings associated with the consumption and it is very hard to quit because it has been a crutch and a go-to for many things. I am an emotional eater, maybe you are an emotional drinker, it helps you get out of your head and that relaxes you. I have not quite figured out how to go about eating less, but I continue to try and I think eventually I will try hard enough. I think part of it is figuring out what you are compensating for and filling those areas of your life with other things. I think you could do this too, but with alcohol dependency abstinence is sometimes what it takes.

W

WALMART

I started smoking pot again.

I really really think that is going to help.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yeah you can't control your drinking, and you think smoking pot again is really really gonna help?

I think maybe you should talk to someone. Besides us. About this.

W

WALMART

It's not a problem to not want to be sober, is it? Man has been finding ways to do it since 4,000 BC.

I've always drank heavily when I drink. For clarification purposes, I drink maybe once a week. That'll even cut down when I start working again, I begin a project tomorrow.

When I smoke pot on nights I plan on drinking I think I could statistically show that for me it helps alleviate the drinking I do. I enjoy the instant gratification of pot, it's like reverse drinking.

I just realized this thread makes me seem like an alcoholic. I don't drink frequently. It's just when I decide to I drink way more than I should.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's a problem to not want to be sober if your drinking is really out of control, and you thinking adding another substance to it is a solution.

However, if your drinking actually is under control, and you only drink on the weekend, then that's fine I suppose.

But binge drinking is really not good for you, especially doing it regularly, you may want to figure out WHY you're doing this, and you can't just have a few beers and be mellow, and not add shots to it, etc.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ok so you're saying in your post edit there (or I didn't notice the bottom before) that you drink too much when you do drink...that's why I suggested eating and drinking water, which is the healthy thing to do.

Is not enjoying your food some weird demon Se thing that's lifelong or is it recent, like you're depressed?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
.... I don't think I should reply to this thread. So I'll just answer the question in the title.

:laugh: Not very. I have been known to get carried away drinking before, but it really never has been my intentions to become intoxicated while drinking. Buzzed a bit, maybe. That can be fun with friends. But I genuinely enjoy some of the tastes. It's the only real reason I drink. I'm a particularly picky drinker.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no no i understand the smoking weed thing, i drink less when i smoke weed. it does work. and does make sense.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. It wouldn't be smart to reduce my smartass smartness.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
not very, i have a weak stomach and just throw up and want to pass out after not a lot of drinks.
these people suck, weed is way better for you than alcohol.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you asking for advice or help? Because it kinda seems like you're saying it's not an issue.

I think people tend to over drink a lot when out with friends because... Ya know drinking impairs your judgement so after a couple you start to think staying up till 4 and just drinking the whole time and doing shots etc sounds like a fantastic idea!

But there comes a point where you have to decide to be more mature about all of it and pace yourself... Take breaks in between drinks. Have water.. Eat some snacks... Or really just stop drinking after you feel buzzed.

EntangledLight

MBTI Type
?
how drunk do i get?

when i was younger (say, 14-15) i could just slam them back and alcohol gave me a surplus of energy--not just physical but mental as well.

now days, i get an energy rush of sorts (which for me is few and far between--i'm usually pretty laid back and quiet), but it's more to do with my... senses, i guess. i feel much more alert, much more present, and my tongue and legs feel drunk, as in i may slightly sway or stumble or slur my words but mentally i feel completely sober if that makes any sense. next thing i know the entire feeling is gone and i'm left with a massive headache--i'm talking one hour later.

i think this has to do with the amount of alcohol dehydrogenase (an enzyme that will metabolize the alcohol entering your body and therefore lower your BAC) that genetically runs in your family; the amount that is present can drastically alter one's experience while drinking to the point that it could make one very sleepy, very sick, or very, very energetic which is no surprise since alcohol is the 2nd most preferred source of energy for the body (think ancient Celts or Germans or Vikings--what a coincidence that they not only have a ton of the enzyme but would also include this activity while engaging in strenuous activity such as farming/fighting wars/raiding--it was like a super 5 hour energy for them)... it is interesting to think about how the level of the enzyme may also play a role in genetic alcoholism.

on a side note: if pot keeps you from damaging your liver then go for it. use a vapo and bypass all the carcinogens and in one fell swoop you have bypassed all of the proven/constant threats that marijuana poses to ones health.

A

Anew Leaf

The simple answer is that I don't. Most alcohol doesn't taste that good. It's often quite expensive. And water is superior and often free.

Win-win-Me.

Also, I have no tolerance so only 1 drink is enough to make me.... chatty. And 2-3 drinks turns me into an ENFJ who.......... touches people... :shock:

It's... quite alarming.