User Tag List

123 Last

WALMART

Default how drunk do you get?

I have a really bad habit of consuming way more than I know I can handle.

I just get so thirtsy...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um, then drink water and not just alcohol. Also eat with alcohol.

Or switch to something with a lower alcohol content, like beer.

Or do you mean you keep drinking beer because you're thirsty?

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I think he's joking.

Of course drinking can always run away from you from time to time, but I tend to be sensitive to alcohol, so I do not drink much at all. I do not like feeling out of control, or out of my mind. I do not like doing things that I did not specifically intend to do!

WALMART

I don't know, I just cannot control my drinking.

When I eat, I eat to eat. I don't really enjoy my food, or savor the flavor.... I just shove it in my mouth and swallow. I get an abnormal amount of responses regarding my food intake. I'm very methodic in my eating, I'll eat one thing first, then the next, then the next. I usually save the best (meat) for last. Example: I'll eat all my fries, then all my burger. Or all my green beans, all my potato, then all my steak. I think I do it simply because I find eating and food as a task to be accomplished and that's the most efficient way of doing it.

The same is with alcohol... I have to consciously think about what I'm drinking otherwise I run away from myself. I have like a bottomless pit of a stomach so I drink beer after beer after beer, if someone offers me a shot I'll do it, yadda yadda.

Sorry for that likely unneeded mid-post wall of text.

@Wolfie , I love being out of my mind. Probably another factor =/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think he's joking.

Of course drinking can always run away from you from time to time, but I tend to be sensitive to alcohol, so I do not drink much at all. I do not like feeling out of control, or out of my mind. I do not like doing things that I did not specifically intend to do!
    Yup, pretty much. I try to avoid it unless I'm around people I know. Usually it's maybe two beers and I'm done, since I have no desire to do that which I know I could possibly regret, or even toe the line, lolz.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

We are exact opposites then. I tend to eat too much. I have a very hard time turning down food and I seem to be hungry all the time! I am working on fixing my problem, but it's hard. I think you get used to the positive feelings associated with the consumption and it is very hard to quit because it has been a crutch and a go-to for many things. I am an emotional eater, maybe you are an emotional drinker, it helps you get out of your head and that relaxes you. I have not quite figured out how to go about eating less, but I continue to try and I think eventually I will try hard enough. I think part of it is figuring out what you are compensating for and filling those areas of your life with other things. I think you could do this too, but with alcohol dependency abstinence is sometimes what it takes.

WALMART

I started smoking pot again.

I really really think that is going to help.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh yeah you can't control your drinking, and you think smoking pot again is really really gonna help?

I think maybe you should talk to someone. Besides us. About this.

WALMART

It's not a problem to not want to be sober, is it? Man has been finding ways to do it since 4,000 BC.

I've always drank heavily when I drink. For clarification purposes, I drink maybe once a week. That'll even cut down when I start working again, I begin a project tomorrow.

When I smoke pot on nights I plan on drinking I think I could statistically show that for me it helps alleviate the drinking I do. I enjoy the instant gratification of pot, it's like reverse drinking.

I just realized this thread makes me seem like an alcoholic. I don't drink frequently. It's just when I decide to I drink way more than I should.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

It's a problem to not want to be sober if your drinking is really out of control, and you thinking adding another substance to it is a solution.

However, if your drinking actually is under control, and you only drink on the weekend, then that's fine I suppose.

But binge drinking is really not good for you, especially doing it regularly, you may want to figure out WHY you're doing this, and you can't just have a few beers and be mellow, and not add shots to it, etc.