• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] how drunk do you get?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I occasionally get pretty drunk, but it's usually after I tell myself that I'm planning to get really drunk. Even then, it's not to the point I throw up, or black out, or any of that. I tend to drink very fast, so I mostly only drink beer. And when I've reached my limit, I will switch to pop, or just stumble on home. I tend to have pretty good control.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I stopped drinking like, ehm, probably about 8 years ago now already.

So not very.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For a few years in college, I drank a LOT, and I often had the desire to get drunk, because I wanted to just drown out any discomfort I had in the scene I was in, and for those years I really just wanted to annihilate my high-school self and just see what all of the sensory/partying/music/drinks stuff was all about, and *turn off my brain*, as I had some self-disgust at that time, based on my being a total loner with a lot of anxiety and 100% introversion in high school, and my pretty much wanting to go about everything oppositely, intentionally, by the time I was in college, in a new place where no one knew me. I have to say, I had a decent amount of fun in those years; however, I also know that I was completely 'experimenting' and it wasn't really my scene, or who I was (however I have to say, to this day I still LOVE dancing). I wanted to experience different aspects of life; it had many positives, and I think I grew a lot; however it also had the obvious negatives of my getting drunk a lot and getting sick a number of times, and my putting many core aspects of myself on the back burner.

These days, I enjoy a drink with a meal, or a couple of drinks if it's happy hour or I'm at a wine bar, or something, but I am starting to have a strong dislike for any of the physical sensations of having too much, so I'm careful to have a lot of water along with any drinks.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I had a bad experience with too much alcohol a little over a month ago. The idea of getting drunk again still seems incredibly unappealing.

W

WALMART

Ok so you're saying in your post edit there (or I didn't notice the bottom before) that you drink too much when you do drink...that's why I suggested eating and drinking water, which is the healthy thing to do.

Is not enjoying your food some weird demon Se thing that's lifelong or is it recent, like you're depressed?

It's a lifelong thing. I've been picky about my style of eating as far back as I can remember, because my parents have always made fun of me for it.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE food. I just don't take my time....

jixmixfix

Permabanned
im a very casual drinker i"ll have about a beer or two if i drink by myself I try not to get myself drunk. Ill pretty much do the same with my buddies I'll get buzzed/hammered on occasion like my birthday or new years.

dala

MBTI Type
intp
I have never really enjoyed getting drunk. I will drink socially, but usually no more than a couple. The appeal just isn't there.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I have too much alcohol, I will get sick before I get drunk, or at least before I experience the more typical symptoms of drunkenness.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I get drunk very rarely. But I enjoy the buzz after one beer (I'm a lightweight) or a glass of wine. But never blackout drunk.

I had a bad experience getting very drunk in Mexico when I was 18. It taught me good.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
depends, most the time 5-7 beers(if i drink home alone i usually drink so slowly that its same as drinking two beers but lasts longer), because i dont like hang overs. sometimes i might only drink 1 or 2 and when its some special occasions i usually drink something like 8-10+(or equivalent amount in other forms of alcohol).

i dont have any drunkness scale, so hard to say how drunk i get from that amount of beer and it also depends very much how fast i drink. 8 can get me reasonably drunk if i drink them in like 6 hours and something like 10-12 will get me really drunk, i dont have really high tolerance for alcohol, except that apparently i dont look as drunk on the outside than i feel inside, maybe because i rarely do stupid crap even if im so drunk im ready throw up, i dont tend to lose common sense..

Permabanned
First and only time I ever did get wasted was for a friend's bachelors's party, starting at dinner into the night at bars/strip clubs, the last one belonging to an old acquaintance and therefore being continuously offered free drinks. I was lucid but could notice my motor system failing by the time ppl dropped me off at my car, where I had to take a nap before a [short] drive home. Eventually I felt :sick: from too much quantity in short amount of time/indigestion and had to throw it all out. By the time of the wedding shortly after, my body was still averse to alcohol consumption. :ack!:

Before that and presently, I enjoy a casual drink or two with close friends, just enough to be jolly but I don't make it a necessity.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I pretty much stayed wasted my first year or so in college. Then after having made enough regrettable life choices I got over it. Ill occasionally have a "big night" every couple of months now, but I generally drink like an adult.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Despite not drinking often, I have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol. It isn't a smooth transition when I do get drunk, either; at first I'll gradually get a bit louder and more open, but there comes a point where the scale tips and I just get ill. I never hit the stereotypical obnoxious drunk stage - there's always that underlying discipline that keeps me in line and from doing anything particularly stupid, and aside from being more easily amused I don't generally appear as drunk as I really am to others.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time splitt:

too little: 60%
Just right: 20%
To much: 20%
tumblr_m7b09qDYtZ1rqei30.gif

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to, but I got a dui and it really forced me to take a look at myself and ask who I was becoming. I still drink but I get drunk off of four BEERS now maybe once a month whereas before it was 4 adios motherfuckers to start. Lately, I've been becoming more in touch with my body and it just makes me feel depressed and like shit the next day after I drink so I prefer not to or keep it to one or two.

I do still smoke marijuana though, which for me at least has a much less addictive aspect to it. I think anything that you do has to be in moderation and once it starts harming your life should be limited so it no longer harms you or others.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We are exact opposites then. I tend to eat too much. I have a very hard time turning down food and I seem to be hungry all the time! I am working on fixing my problem, but it's hard. I think you get used to the positive feelings associated with the consumption and it is very hard to quit because it has been a crutch and a go-to for many things. I am an emotional eater, maybe you are an emotional drinker, it helps you get out of your head and that relaxes you. I have not quite figured out how to go about eating less, but I continue to try and I think eventually I will try hard enough. I think part of it is figuring out what you are compensating for and filling those areas of your life with other things. I think you could do this too, but with alcohol dependency abstinence is sometimes what it takes.

You might be low on dopamine 2 which helps regulate appetite. You might want to read up on how to regulate that in your body. Also, I think proper sleep, diet, and excercise helps regulate your neurotransmitter levels plus it'll help you lose weight if that is a concern and if you have other sources of positive affect, it'll make you less reliant on just the one.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I only drink alcohol once in a great while and it's always just a small amount, never enough to get drunk.

Wondering why this thread is posted in NT.