User Tag List

First 23456 Last

I get drunk very rarely. But I enjoy the buzz after one beer (I'm a lightweight) or a glass of wine. But never blackout drunk.

I had a bad experience getting very drunk in Mexico when I was 18. It taught me good.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

depends, most the time 5-7 beers(if i drink home alone i usually drink so slowly that its same as drinking two beers but lasts longer), because i dont like hang overs. sometimes i might only drink 1 or 2 and when its some special occasions i usually drink something like 8-10+(or equivalent amount in other forms of alcohol).

i dont have any drunkness scale, so hard to say how drunk i get from that amount of beer and it also depends very much how fast i drink. 8 can get me reasonably drunk if i drink them in like 6 hours and something like 10-12 will get me really drunk, i dont have really high tolerance for alcohol, except that apparently i dont look as drunk on the outside than i feel inside, maybe because i rarely do stupid crap even if im so drunk im ready throw up, i dont tend to lose common sense..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

First and only time I ever did get wasted was for a friend's bachelors's party, starting at dinner into the night at bars/strip clubs, the last one belonging to an old acquaintance and therefore being continuously offered free drinks. I was lucid but could notice my motor system failing by the time ppl dropped me off at my car, where I had to take a nap before a [short] drive home. Eventually I felt from too much quantity in short amount of time/indigestion and had to throw it all out. By the time of the wedding shortly after, my body was still averse to alcohol consumption.

Before that and presently, I enjoy a casual drink or two with close friends, just enough to be jolly but I don't make it a necessity.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I pretty much stayed wasted my first year or so in college. Then after having made enough regrettable life choices I got over it. Ill occasionally have a "big night" every couple of months now, but I generally drink like an adult.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Despite not drinking often, I have a pretty high tolerance for alcohol. It isn't a smooth transition when I do get drunk, either; at first I'll gradually get a bit louder and more open, but there comes a point where the scale tips and I just get ill. I never hit the stereotypical obnoxious drunk stage - there's always that underlying discipline that keeps me in line and from doing anything particularly stupid, and aside from being more easily amused I don't generally appear as drunk as I really am to others.

figsfiggyfigs

I'm an all or nothing kinda gal.

MBTI
    INTJ

Time splitt:

too little: 60%
    Just right: 20%
    To much: 20%
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I used to, but I got a dui and it really forced me to take a look at myself and ask who I was becoming. I still drink but I get drunk off of four BEERS now maybe once a month whereas before it was 4 adios motherfuckers to start. Lately, I've been becoming more in touch with my body and it just makes me feel depressed and like shit the next day after I drink so I prefer not to or keep it to one or two.

I do still smoke marijuana though, which for me at least has a much less addictive aspect to it. I think anything that you do has to be in moderation and once it starts harming your life should be limited so it no longer harms you or others.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    We are exact opposites then. I tend to eat too much. I have a very hard time turning down food and I seem to be hungry all the time! I am working on fixing my problem, but it's hard. I think you get used to the positive feelings associated with the consumption and it is very hard to quit because it has been a crutch and a go-to for many things. I am an emotional eater, maybe you are an emotional drinker, it helps you get out of your head and that relaxes you. I have not quite figured out how to go about eating less, but I continue to try and I think eventually I will try hard enough. I think part of it is figuring out what you are compensating for and filling those areas of your life with other things. I think you could do this too, but with alcohol dependency abstinence is sometimes what it takes.
    You might be low on dopamine 2 which helps regulate appetite. You might want to read up on how to regulate that in your body. Also, I think proper sleep, diet, and excercise helps regulate your neurotransmitter levels plus it'll help you lose weight if that is a concern and if you have other sources of positive affect, it'll make you less reliant on just the one.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I only drink alcohol once in a great while and it's always just a small amount, never enough to get drunk.

Wondering why this thread is posted in NT.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne