User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I occasionally get pretty drunk, but it's usually after I tell myself that I'm planning to get really drunk. Even then, it's not to the point I throw up, or black out, or any of that. I tend to drink very fast, so I mostly only drink beer. And when I've reached my limit, I will switch to pop, or just stumble on home. I tend to have pretty good control.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I get drunk pretty easily. I'm a 'cheap date'.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I stopped drinking like, ehm, probably about 8 years ago now already.

So not very.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

For a few years in college, I drank a LOT, and I often had the desire to get drunk, because I wanted to just drown out any discomfort I had in the scene I was in, and for those years I really just wanted to annihilate my high-school self and just see what all of the sensory/partying/music/drinks stuff was all about, and *turn off my brain*, as I had some self-disgust at that time, based on my being a total loner with a lot of anxiety and 100% introversion in high school, and my pretty much wanting to go about everything oppositely, intentionally, by the time I was in college, in a new place where no one knew me. I have to say, I had a decent amount of fun in those years; however, I also know that I was completely 'experimenting' and it wasn't really my scene, or who I was (however I have to say, to this day I still LOVE dancing). I wanted to experience different aspects of life; it had many positives, and I think I grew a lot; however it also had the obvious negatives of my getting drunk a lot and getting sick a number of times, and my putting many core aspects of myself on the back burner.

These days, I enjoy a drink with a meal, or a couple of drinks if it's happy hour or I'm at a wine bar, or something, but I am starting to have a strong dislike for any of the physical sensations of having too much, so I'm careful to have a lot of water along with any drinks.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I had a bad experience with too much alcohol a little over a month ago. The idea of getting drunk again still seems incredibly unappealing.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Ok so you're saying in your post edit there (or I didn't notice the bottom before) that you drink too much when you do drink...that's why I suggested eating and drinking water, which is the healthy thing to do.

Is not enjoying your food some weird demon Se thing that's lifelong or is it recent, like you're depressed?

It's a lifelong thing. I've been picky about my style of eating as far back as I can remember, because my parents have always made fun of me for it.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE food. I just don't take my time....

Permabanned

im a very casual drinker i"ll have about a beer or two if i drink by myself I try not to get myself drunk. Ill pretty much do the same with my buddies I'll get buzzed/hammered on occasion like my birthday or new years.

MBTI
    intp

I have never really enjoyed getting drunk. I will drink socially, but usually no more than a couple. The appeal just isn't there.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

If I have too much alcohol, I will get sick before I get drunk, or at least before I experience the more typical symptoms of drunkenness.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI

I don't.