User Tag List

First 123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This was exactly my thinking as well. This link seems to debunk my theory about IQ though the sources aren't referenced.
    Yeah well, for one you'd need to have a very large pool of people participating in the tests (at least in the thousands to get anywhere near accurate results). Secondly you need to have all those people undergo seriour testing as to their personality types by professionals (we both know many people mistype themselves after all, especially at first. :P ). And every person taking the test should be under the same, or similar conditions. Well fed and rested and able to concentrate to the best of their ability.

Unless they had some serious funds in order to create a valid test pool with all neccesary safeguards to counteract any possibly misinformation, I wouldn't trust numbers like that. It is more likely those numbers came from an internet IQ test where people had to type in their MBTI in one of the fields. Which creates a whole array of factors that should be considered as well. What was the situation the person taking the test found himself in? Did he take the test at 3am at night after a long day of work being sleep deprived or was he refreshed. Did he take the test seriously or just went through it half cocked? Was he even typed correctly?

Unless a site like that discloses its sources, I wouldn't put much stock at all in its results.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

This study seems to have a bit more meat to it. It says high IQ is related to I, N, T, and P.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

@Zarathustra once mentioned something about it... can't remember the details but his overall conclusion was that INTPs tend to score a bit better than INTJs (which tend to rank second).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    This study seems to have a bit more meat to it. It says high IQ is related to I, N, T, and P.
    At least they focus on explaining how the studies were done, and it seems to be done quite professionally at that, yes.

Ginkgo

Reasonable awareness of what one has accomplished and what one can accomplish is a more valid indicator of overall intelligence, methinks. In a manner of speaking, one is most intelligent when they've solved the problem of their own intelligence.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think instead of focusing on IQ it would help to focus on intelligence building excercises. There are several different types of memory for example and the tasks that help develop each are different. Puzzles, reading, crosswords, strategic games like chess, etc all help us excercise our minds so that we can have mental fitness.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I think instead of focusing on IQ it would help to focus on intelligence building excercises. There are several different types of memory for example and the tasks that help develop each are different. Puzzles, reading, crosswords, strategic games like chess, etc all help us excercise our minds so that we can have mental fitness.
    To Ti-Ne users, the world is one big puzzle though. We don't need to lay out a boardgame to engage our mind, we just need to open our eyes.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

I wouldn't necessarily relate memory to intelligence. Also, when done repeatedly, many "tasks" have less effect (for instance, sudoku doesn't help you build your intelligence when you're past the phase of learning it and perhaps struggling with the more difficult grids). Reading helps you gain knowledge and develop a more complex outlook on life, if you will, or on the many aspects of it. I don't think it is strictly correlated with intelligence, either. My two pennies' worth.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    To Ti-Ne users, the world is one big puzzle though. We don't need to lay out a boardgame to engage our mind, we just need to open our eyes.
    Yes and it is a great gift that can leave one feeling filled with awe and wonder. However, by focusing so strongly on solving the puzzle one can forget that life is a sensual experience to be enjoyed through tactile sensation as well

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily relate memory to intelligence. Also, when done repeatedly, many "tasks" have less effect (for instance, sudoku doesn't help you build your intelligence when you're past the phase of learning it and perhaps struggling with the more difficult grids). Reading helps you gain knowledge and develop a more complex outlook on life, if you will, or on the many aspects of it. I don't think it is strictly correlated with intelligence, either. My two pennies' worth.
    I would like to challenge that view!

http://www.livescience.com/6519-simp...elligence.html

http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~psxko/Oberaue...hBull.2005.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2485208/
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes and it is a great gift that can leave one feeling filled with awe and wonder. However, by focusing so strongly on solving the puzzle one can forget that life is a sensual experience to be enjoyed through tactile sensation as well
    I don't see the appeal of that. I much rather stick to my Ti+Ne thank you very much! To each their own.