• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Nuances between the INT types

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
On an entrepeneur level (my line of work)
INTP's function best in an environment where they can freely create their business ideas without censorship. INTJ's function best in an environment where they can turn ideas into a working practical business models.

Downside for most INTP's, since INTP's want to completely expose a task for all it encompasses; this is why many INTP's often eventually decide on menial jobs in which their minds are free for themselves. They won't do well unless they are giving the freedom to do well. INTJ's have less problems in their functions with doing well because they can find happiness in the completion of any task. The INTP would not find that same happiness.

INTJ's are probably suited(struggle less) for a lot more jobs than INTP's.

Yes, one can see INTPs usually doing that to preserve their intellectual freedom....

Do you see INTPs faring well in health services, for instance?

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
No, P's multitask (randomly) in their free time in order to support their thought process, and J's multitask efficiently and mostly do it at work.

How do you, as an INTP, approach anything close to «work»?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, one can see INTPs usually doing that to preserve their intellectual freedom....

Do you see INTPs faring well in health services, for instance?

Due to inferior Fe it's definately a possibility, but it isn't very likely unless it's a more behind the scenes job. But in the forefront you probably won't see many INTP's in health services.

A rather snarky response to me suggesting that your INTP type could be a good fit if you add your ADD into the picture and might very well change peoples opinions about you not being INTP.

But could that response be inferior Fe or something else I wonder. :tongue:

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
Due to inferior Fe it's definately a possibility, but it isn't very likely unless it's a more behind the scenes job. But in the forefront you probably won't see many INTP's in health services.

Well, then...do any of you have a method to readily discern INTP and INTJ? Or can you improvise right now to see what we get?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, then...do any of you have a method to readily discern INTP and INTJ? Or can you improvise right now to see what we get?

As an INTP, I do not, apart from proper observation on the mentioned strengths and weaknesses and their standard state of mind. But maybe INTJ's will be able to answer that. :wink: :D

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
As an INTP, I do not, apart from proper observation on the mentioned strengths and weaknesses and their standard state of mind. But maybe INTJ's will be able to answer that. :wink: :D

I'm right here. How would you go on about with the typing?

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How do you, as an INTP, approach anything close to «work»?

As you say, I like to have jobs where I don't have to expend a lot of energy either thinking or feeling. I want to think about things I'm interested in, and I only have a limited amount of emotional energy. So I really like being a server (if I'm not overwhelmed and screwing up, which just takes practice). I can multitask once I learn to do it efficiently, I work in a pretty environment around food (Si?), I can be on my feet and moving, and I can develop my Fe without having to get too close to people. And it's pretty good money. I like physical jobs. Maybe a lot of INTP's like jobs where they use their brains more, I don't know. I write a lot about philosophy, and I would like to be published and make money that way. I also know a lot about herbal medicine and natural healing, and might want to be a natural health consultant some day. Also once I get good enough at silks I want to perform. Not a typical INXP, but the part about saving your thinking for yourself is I think.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That process rests mainly on your own shoulders. But a good next step would be to delve deeper than the nuances. So from what I've said in this topic, which side of the spectrum do you most identify with? And what are your reasons behind that identification?

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
That process rests mainly on your own shoulders. But a good next step would be to delve deeper than the nuances. So from what I've said in this topic, which side of the spectrum do you most identify with? And what are your reasons behind that identification?

I tend to regularly structure my environment and make long-term plans, in some aspects, in order to reach goals efficiently...but then I always put them on hold when something more intriguing and relevant comes around. I also tend to lead a very (self) regimented life. These is more like a Judger. However, in many other aspects, I am much like a Perceiver and identify more with the INTP persona than with the INTJ one. It could also be an issue of projection: part of my family are extreme Js , the other part is extremely «P».

If of any help:

Enneagram

Type 1 ** Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 56%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||| 33%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||| 40%
Type 4 Individuality |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 5 Rationality |||||||||||||||| 70%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 40%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 46%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 63%

Personality Disorder Test Results

Paranoid |||||||||||| 50% 50%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||| 62% 40%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||| 58% 56%
Antisocial |||||||||| 38% 46%
Borderline |||||||||||| 46% 45%
Histrionic |||||| 26% 35%
Narcissistic |||||| 30% 40%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 50% 48%
Dependent |||||||||| 34% 44%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||||| 54% 45%

Cattell 16 Factor Test Results

Warmth |||||||||||| 38%
Intellect |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 82%
Emotional Stability ||||||||||||||| 50%
Aggressiveness ||||||||||||||| 46%
Liveliness |||||||||||| 34%
Dutifulness ||||||||||||||| 42%
Social Assertiveness ||||||||| 30%
Sensitivity |||||||||||| 38%
Paranoia ||||||||||||||||||||| 70%
Abstractness |||||||||||||||||||||||| 78%
Introversion |||||||||||||||||||||||||||| 86%
Anxiety |||||||||||||||||| 58%
Openmindedness |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Independence |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Perfectionism |||||||||||||||||| 54%
Tension ||||||||||||||| 42%

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What stresses you out more, structuring and making long term plans as well as putting them into action. Ignoring anything that might intervene because you want to finish what you started? Or the fact that if something comes in between, you feel stressed about not finishing your plans?

Basicly, what types of other peoples behaviour or events/occurances stress you out the most? What makes you feel frustration?

Growing up in a J environment can really rub off on you if you're a perceiver, same for a judger in a P environment. But in most cases this result in tests is a biased subjective view on the questions/answers, and has little to do with actual cognative function usage.

Those tests don't tell me much. Your ennegram test is very balanced so you probably won't be able to reach a good conclusion on those results alone. Which enneagram type do you most identity with, in particular concerning stress levels late teens/early twenties. (what is your age anyway? :p )

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
What stresses you out more, structuring and making long term plans as well as putting them into action. Ignoring anything that might intervene because you want to finish what you started? Or the fact that if something comes in between, you feel stressed about not finishing your plans?

Basicly, what types of other peoples behaviour or events/occurances stress you out the most? What makes you feel frustration?

Growing up in a J environment can really rub off on you if you're a perceiver, same for a judger in a P environment. But in most cases this result in tests is a biased subjective view on the questions/answers, and has little to do with actual cognative function usage.

Those tests don't tell me much. Your ennegram test is very balanced so you probably won't be able to reach a good conclusion on those results alone. Which enneagram type do you most identity with, in particular concerning stress levels late teens/early twenties. (what is your age anyway? :p )

I don't particularly care much for plans of action and going on about barking orders to people -- the sense of hierarchy in many workplaces stresses me, as well as their insistence on employees being dutiful -- for instance, I'd much rather have lunch whenever I want, instead of getting through all my workload first, just because I was assigned a responsability, especially if the resp. is a person. Just because I have my own schedule doesn't mean I am lazy and inefficient.

I have dropped out of a course in university due to the increased awareness I began to have about the structure of my future workplace, the hierarchies, the brown-nosers, the inferiority-complex one had to nurture in order to get ahead by not arguing with superiors over their stupidity and pompousness....you get the picture.

My main concern with people is that ...they either overrate pleasure over working...or overrate work in order to achieve power and security...I feel ambivalent towards the world and my mind is my best (and perhaps only true) friend. Science and philosophy and art are most valuable to me.

I know of many people who are much more intellectually gifted than me and much more wilful...who, at some point, begin to prostitute their expertise for money and prestige. I rapidly lose my admiration for such people who use their talents for materialistic gains or to prove how brilliant they are (do you follow voetbal? I could give you an example).

I am many times forced into the leadership role because of the sheer incompetence and parasitism of people around me. All in all, I just want to get my day tasks over with and preserve the time I have for my own interests.

I'm 25 ...main enneagram type is certainly a 5 ...and the wing...is probably a 4 or a 9.

I have no doubts I am an INT type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hah, based on all that, INTP seems like the right fit. I can see how you can confuse some of your behaviour with typical judger behaviour, but both your ability to visualize your future workplace as well as your judging mentality when it comes to finishing tasks are all conscious efforts, the first due to Ne the second in order to preserve your own valuable time, which is quite a perceiver stance. Neither of the reasons have anything to do with being an actual judger type.

If you are E5, then your wing is 4. You can't be 9 winged if 5, wings don't work that way. xP

But 9 can be in your tritype.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Roughly speaking, INTJs focus on efficiency, and INTPs focus on understanding.

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
Hah, based on all that, INTP seems like the right fit. I can see how you can confuse some of your behaviour with typical judger behaviour, but both your ability to visualize your future workplace as well as your judging mentality when it comes to finishing tasks are all conscious efforts, the first due to Ne the second in order to preserve your own valuable time, which is quite a perceiver stance. Neither of the reasons have anything to do with being an actual judger type.

If you are E5, then your wing is 4. You can't be 9 winged if 5, wings don't work that way. xP

But 9 can be in your tritype.

Yes, I had already thought about the Ti that would invent stiff principles and defense mechanisms to preserve valuable freetime. This is when the Ps cease to be flexible.

What do you like to do in your free time?

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
Roughly speaking, INTJs focus on efficiency, and INTPs focus on understanding.

My only concern with efficiency is really about saving my down time and my own future as a non-public service worker.

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
To the INTPs: anyone here wanting to share their punctuality problems?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To the INTPs: anyone here wanting to share their punctuality problems?

Story of my life lol :laugh:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTPs will refine an idea to death, sometimes to the annoyance of others; INTJs will be more decisive and brief, sometimes to the annoyance of others.

INTPs really are more modest; INTJs really are more emo. But the emo of an INTJ may emerge in unexpected ways, like a bitchiness, but the sort of bitchiness it is has a tinge of whine to it.