User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Default What is your favorite environment? Especially INTPs

Big city? Little town? Alone with nobody for miles? Also wondering if you have noticed an environment that attracts a greater percentage of intelligent people.

I love vast and austere places especially mountains. A few people are ok but don't make me deal with the ignorant mobs that fill the cities. (I acknowledge there are smart individuals who live in cities...I just never seem to run into them)

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It's funny, because I have always thought the population density in large cities makes it hard for me to hear my thoughts. I took some time to learn to tune out the outside noise while still being able to perceive it all visually. However, now being able to do this in the most crowded and loud place is... orgasmic.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    However, now being able to do this in the most crowded and loud place is... orgasmic.
    Hmmm maybe I should give the city a second chance ;-)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Alone (although non lethal wild animals allowed), deep in the woods, preferably at night/full moon/clear sky. I love the forests where I live in full moon light glow, no industrial/city lights to mess up the sky, the soft reflections of the lit up sky on my surroundings. Taking in the surroundings while thinking about whatever I can come up with.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

I like extremes. Either a bustling urban environment (especially late at night) or out alone or with a few people in the middle of nature. I really like swimming alone in the ocean, it seems to be the best place for me to think without becoming anxious and I feel connected to everything.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

A cool city surrounded by nature and lots of activities and culture.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

I love being in nature and being on walks and other activities like that and it helps me come up with ideas and organize my thoughts (any other intps think that the best of ideas and solutions come while doing physical labor I know for me its true) However I love the city and I like the sounds smells and new people (not interacting with them just watching) who I encounter so in summary I enjoy the city because of the diversity and constant change of my thoughts and judgments. However there is something to be said about walking at 2-3 in the morning in a rural town with nobody else out and enjoying the calm and cool atmosphere and examining things without people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Yessss, to all the above!

I especially enjoy really hot, humid areas with forest and swamp where I live - alone, preferably. The sound of the cicadas throws me into something of a zen mode, and I can just sit and think for hours.

Really gritty and run down ghetto areas in the city are something I enjoy as well. Graffiti, water damage and rusting metal work are a personal favorite. But since those are pretty terrible conditions...well, I still like the swamp.

I've never had the pleasure of experiencing any other kind of environment for long periods of time, but the places you all describe sound wonderful.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    A few people are ok but don't make me deal with the ignorant mobs that fill the cities. (I acknowledge there are smart individuals who live in cities...I just never seem to run into them)
    I am one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    A cool city surrounded by nature and lots of activities and culture.

I prefer living in the city to some quieter more desolate place and yes, I am strong introvert. I like having lots of options for things to do and places to see and this does not always involve another person. I can just blend into a city and tune out the hustle and bustle around me. I think it would be harder to do in a smaller town where everyone seems to know each other and there's more gossip.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I am one.

I prefer living in the city to some quieter more desolate place and yes, I am strong introvert. I like having lots of options for things to do and places to see and this does not always involve another person. I can just blend into a city and tune out the hustle and bustle around me. I think it would be harder to do in a smaller town where everyone seems to know each other and there's more gossip.
    That is true.