User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Could there be a correlation between introverts and their prefered living environments be linked to whatever environments they grew up in and are familiar with?

I grow up in a small rural town, with forests less than a kilometer away. And not very surprisingly, my prefered location is pretty much the environment I have grown to like.

Had I grown up in a city, I might have prefered that instead. Being familiar with it. Don't know but it's a possibility.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Could there be a correlation between introverts and their prefered living environments be linked to whatever environments they grew up in and are familiar with?

I grow up in a small rural town, with forests less than a kilometer away. And not very surprisingly, my prefered location is pretty much the environment I have grown to like.

Had I grown up in a city, I might have prefered that instead. Being familiar with it. Don't know but it's a possibility.
    I dont think so cause we dont really have as much emotional ties to things where as some of the more tradition loving extroverts might. I also grew up in rural areas but I would much rather prefer to live in the city because theres so much to see and do. I think that for INTPs especially are downfall is also our strength which is people, we can pull them people apart and see how x+y+z equals the person in front of you and we enjoy watching them because its different which I think intps enjoy because they want to understand things so new things intrigues us but we have problems connecting to them because the majority of them have completely different ways of living then we do and think differently and our outlook on life for the most part is different.(Hopefully I dont sound like a crazy person and people understand my point)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Fair enough, just trying to understand my own preference here.

My enneagram type nine might also have something to do with my preference.

MBTI
    INTP

I was born in the desert, but I have lived in almost every archetypal environment. I still like dry, places better than humid, but I tend to like cold climates now. My dream home would be 1000 acres in northern Montana. I get agitated when I'm stuck in climates I don't like. (Hot/Humid) Despite the INTP lack of emotional attachment to places we seem to have a Fe link to mood/environment. I only put on music that matches my mood, and I tend to do the same thing with my surroundings. If I can't think clearly enough (usually when beset by constant interruption), I move to a clearer space. I can see the anonymity of a large city being a draw. You are basically invisible and have plenty of interesting people/things to deconstruct and analyze. That said, the frantic pace scatters my thoughts and I get worn out before long.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

in the middle of the woods. mountains optional, hills are preferred. Also, there has to be at least 1 body of water within 5 acres of my house.

EDIT:
    replace neighbors with more trees and stuff and you would have what I was describing (read this after i posted lol)
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I live in the SF Bay Area, in the east bay, and I can almost never face going into San Francisco. It's terrible for me. I know I am blowing it out of proportion, but something about it being really crowded and busy and sprawling just really makes me uncomfortable. I prefer to live around metropolitan areas because I have my whole life- it's familiar. However, I have always felt a strong pull towards rural areas and have often dreamed of making a transition. I think what really keeps me from doing it is the fear of a lack of opportunities/experiences in a more rural setting. I don't like feeling limited, yet I do enjoy feeling isolated. Strange!

WALMART

It's all good, baby.

But not Detroit. Anything... but... Detroit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It's all good, baby.

But not Detroit. Anything... but... Detroit.
    Lol, I sometimes watch that series called "Hardcore Pawn" which takes place in Detroit and often think to myself "Ok, I might travel to many places in the world, but Detroit is definately not ever going to be one of them!

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Musicallogic View Post
    Big city? Little town? Alone with nobody for miles? Also wondering if you have noticed an environment that attracts a greater percentage of intelligent people.

I love vast and austere places especially mountains. A few people are ok but don't make me deal with the ignorant mobs that fill the cities. (I acknowledge there are smart individuals who live in cities...I just never seem to run into them)
    My ideal environment is a tree in a jungle next to New York City or Tokyo. :P Preferably with a college nearby.

So either relatively large city or access to one, and also access to wild nature. The city I live in now isn't really big, but it's not small either, and it has a lot of parks and trails and is close to the Smokey Mountains. I couldn't do without the culture and intellect of a city, and all the fun things to do; but I need trees and animals too.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    I couldn't do without the culture and intellect of a city, and all the fun things to do; but I need trees and animals too.
    The Front Range in Colorado is a great mix. There is lots of access to very wild areas but Denver, Fort Collins, and Boulder have plenty of intellectual/artistic venues... Sadly after Denver traded T-Bow, God got angry and burned half of my favorite hiking spots.