User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Default Out of body experiences

Do you ever feel somewhat detached from your body? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching things happen to me or when I have memories it's from a perspective out side myself. Sometimes during sexual experiences or times when I should be emotional I feel a sudden disconnect, like what I'm doing is just an act put on for other people and I ( my mind/self) isn't actually involved. It makes me uncfortable because I feel inscincere and I don't ever intend to be. Any NTs or other types have a similar experience?

Oh yah, story of mai lyf. I usually wake up after realizing it.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Senor Membrae Eugene Watson VIII's Avatar
    MBTI
    iSFP
    Enneagram
    idk sp

Under the influence, once, i had an obe-like experience. Otherwise Ne is pretty obe-like, bumping into things and stuff
    Myers-Briggs: xsFP

Enneagram: 9?-4wX?-5/6

~ People don't think it be like it is, but it do. ~

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I... used to. I learned that for myself, identifying with my body helped me to develop self-catering tasks (grooming, appearance, excercise, etc) which seems to be a component of developing healthy self-esteem. Feeling connected to your "I" is so emotionally freeing. It's like you develop a sixth sense.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Do you ever feel somewhat detached from your body? Sometimes I feel like I'm watching things happen to me or when I have memories it's from a perspective out side myself. Sometimes during sexual experiences or times when I should be emotional I feel a sudden disconnect, like what I'm doing is just an act put on for other people and I ( my mind/self) isn't actually involved. It makes me uncfortable because I feel inscincere and I don't ever intend to be. Any NTs or other types have a similar experience?
    Yep. Except ironically, actual out of body experiences scare me. I'm scared of completely identifying with my body and scared of leaving it...

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

I know exactly what you mean however I wouldn't refer to it as a obe its more like a defense mechanism or something along those lines (atleast my experience with what your talking about)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Yes, to all your examples. It's pretty common for me, as far back as I can remember.
    Whether I find it disturbing depends on the situation. Like with any sort of physical intimacy... then I am, WTF!? And mentally slap my mind back into my body. It just seems totally wrong in those instances. I won't fake anything, that would feel sickening...
    Mostly though, it's interesting. Like I'm observing this creature who is supposed to be me. And I like the dispassion it brings. A curious dispassion, like dissecting an insect. Third person. I do have memories in third person. I very often dream in third person.

When i was a kid I used to like to sit in places that weren't places, as I thought of them. Up in a tree, in the gap between the shed and the fence, behind the couch, shimmied to the top of the hallway wall. I could still see the world, see people doing things, but I wasn't part of it anymore.
    Perhaps related, perhaps not, but the feeling was similarly disassociated.
    “Can a man of perception respect himself at all?”
    ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky